Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Weaver of Webs
Default IRL [[kit&spidey]]   #1  
Name: Oliver Avery
Username: bug_boy8
Sex/Gender:Cis/M
Physical Description: Tall, lanky. More often than not wearing skater jeans and a band tee, floppy brown hair. He's white with blue eyes and a winning smile--which he does often. Carries around a black backpack with him, usually carrying his computer, phone, and several books with him.
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Name: Amanda Stevenson
Username: Girl_Power123
Sex/Gender: Cis/F
Physical Description: Medium height. About 5'3". She has shoulder length bubblegum pink hair. Normally it's brown but it hasn't been that for years. She likes to wear girly outfits. Shades of pink, purple, and white. Occasional black if there's pink with it. Skirts and cute shoes.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #3  
Oliver returned to his one bedroom apartment more on the excited side of things than anything. He'd spent the day collecting specimens for his collection to show off at the entomology club meeting a couple of days from then, and he'd had a good day. It was beginning to get colder out, so an entirely new set of insects (albeit with a smaller selection) was ripe for the taking and because of chiller temperatures meant that they were generally still. But, despite how good of a day it was, he was eager to get online. His mates in the club were great, but he felt the time he could be himself (ironically enough), was online as his avatar, Chadwick Strider. The guild he was in was full of a lot of good people, but there was one person he was drawn to more than anyone--Girl_Power123.

He plopped down into his computer chair slinging his bag to the right of him and booted up his computer. Soon enough, Dragonlust (we can change this name later if you want it's kind of lame, I used a generator) shone across his screen and he was entering his password.

The first thing he did when he logged on was check his "Online Friends" tab...

Have mercy on me as this is my first time doing only a love story without something else happening in the background
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
(( haha all of it was fine))

Amanda spent most of the day with her girlfriends, chatting about boys and clothes. She talked as much as everyone else, but she was glad to have gotten away and home. She liked her friends okay but there were just some days that she needed something else other than fashion and boy talk. Secretly she was actually an online gamer. Dragonlust was her passion at the moment. It was an MMORPG that was pretty new and pretty popular.

She got to her two bedroom apartment and sat down. There was a ping from her cell phone indicating she got a message so she picked it up. She saw she got a message from her Childhood friend Oliver. She rolled her eyes when he showed pictures of his new bugs. She was friends with him sure, but they didn't really hang out much anymore. She typed back to him "Nice bugs" before tossing the phone to her bed and sat down at her desk.

She logged back into Dragonlust and typed in her username and password and waited for it to boot up. As she did she checked to see who was online. One friend that she met on the game was online. He was always good to play with, so she sent him a PM asking if he wanted to do a quest.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #5  
Oliver's phone vibrated and he unlocked it seeing that Amanda messaged him back with a simple, "Nice bugs." The short, uninterested response didn't bother him though and he responded with an enthusiastic, "Thanks! It's only a matter of time before I discover a new species! What have you been up to these days?" Actually, he was just surprised he got anything back. It had been a while since they talked to each other and it was his way of kind of breaking the ice. He set his phone aside and looked at the really important screen: Dragonlust.

Sure enough, he got a message from Gamer_Girl123 asking to do a quest. He'd already done that one, but he was glad to be gaming with someone so he typed back, "Sure thing! Shoot me an invite?"
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 12:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
The phone vibrated and she sighed seeing that he gave her a huge response. Something about discovering new species...she saw he asked what she had been up to. She typed a response. "You know...same ol same ol. Hanging out with the girls, working at the trendy shoe store.." she replied. She saw her online friend was accepting to go do the quest and she sent a party invite so they could get together.

She moved her avatar over to the spot they needed to be and waited for him since he was in a different place then her at the moment. While she waited she checked her Instagram and liked a few dumb pics her friends posted.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #7  
Oliver pursed his lips, frustrated that he'd lost connection with his old best friend. She didn't give a shit about his bugs and, frankly, he couldn't give a shit about fashion. It all seemed so vapid and shallow to him. So, he set his phone aside without answering and turned to his game, accepting the invite and teleported to the nearest crystal coming to her on his new steed: a lion.

Chadwick Strider: Heyyy, sorry to keep you waiting! You like my new ride?
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 01:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
When he arrived she saw that he was on a new mount. She also had gotten a new mount, since her character was a different class, each one had different ones, unless you went to the cash shop and got one from there. She saw a pretty starry pegasus mount that she had bought a few days before, but couldn't use it since she was not the right level. She put hers on.

Starspinner Moondust: Pretty neat, but look at this!

she typed out and knew she upstaged him, but she did that all the time. Newest gear, great weapons, and now...pretty mount. She couldn't resist it was fun teasing him in game. They had been playing for about a year off and on. If they got characters to the max level they'd both go for a different race and start over. The game had replayability because of the storylines and quests were different for each class.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #9  
Oliver sighed, looking with dismay at the mount. One of these days, it would be him upstaging her. He had a break coming up and was going to use that time to queue up with some of the more hardcore players to raid. Then, he'd be able to get the currency for the newest content--there were only three riding this mount in their server.

Chadwick Strider: Always needing to outdo me, huh? That's not very nice of you. Then, I get it. I was dumb enough to try to level my crafting classes as well. Takes away from valuable raiding time, but man, you should see the gold I have now!

Now, he was playing a paladin, hence the lion mount. And despite how pretty the starry pegasus was, he still had a spot in his heart for the feline. He'd worked hard on it, and now he finally had it.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 02:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
She chuckled knowing that he probably drooped in RL at the fact that she had a better mount then he.

Starspinner Moondust: So we gonna do these quests or what?

She asked as she activated the quest by clicking on the guy with the exclamation point over his head. She accepted it and then started the auto-find feature for the quest so it'd run her right where she needed to go. Chad could just right click and select "follow" on her avatar. She had to kill like 80 Lunar Wolves and also collect 40 hides. Then go across the way and get 60 Lunar Bears.

Starspinner Moondust: Lets kick some wolf ass!
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 03:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #11  
Oliver did exactly that and clicked follow as he was too lazy to follow her manually. Hopefully she wouldn't have to do any jumping or anything as he opened a bag of Cheez-its because then he'd just be running against whatever it was that she had to jump over.

Chadwick Strider: Oh shit, it's this quest? This one's so grindy, I can see why you wanted my help.

He looked over at his phone thinking that if he was going to answer, now would be the time while he didn't actually have to be doing anything as his avatar followed Girl_Power's.

Chadwick Strider: You know, you're lucky I like you. I hated this quest, and I had to grind it out by myself. Ah well, wolf hide is something every crafter needs so I guess it works out. :p
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 03:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
She checked her e-mail while they were being located to the spot they needed. It was pretty far out from the quest town, so a quick check wouldn't be too bad. She looked back to the screen just in time to see they arrived.

Starspinner Moondust: I really don't much care for the grind quests like this, but after we get done I think I'm moving to the town beyond this. So once we turn it in we can go there.

She typed. She clicked and killed so...many...wolves. Finally when that quest was done she had to kill a few more to finish up the 40 hide quest. On the other side of the road were the bears, so she started whacking on them next.

After the quests were done, she auto-found the person she needed to go back to, to turn them in.

Starspinner Moondust: Just stay here, I'll be passing by here again to go to the new area, so go kill some more wolves and get more hide for crafting while I"m gone.

She then rode off on her avatar, leaving him behind.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 03:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #13  
Oliver was there beside her the entire time. Both were overlevelled for the quest, but it still took a while. Hell, the grindy quests always did. By the time they were finished, he had enough hide to do his grinding on crafting. Dragonlust at times felt just a tad too grindy, but he stuck with the game because of the people he'd met.

Chadwick Strider:[i] Alright! :] I'll be here when you get back. Lucky for me, I need these hides for my daily turn-ins. Glad I checked.

When she was gone, he happily went about his way grinding away, knowing that he could make a lot of equipment that sold well on the market board with these wolf hides being the main component. Two birds, one stone.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
After about ten minutes of traveling back to the town to turn the quests in, to coming back to where Chad was, she rode up to him grinding the wolves.

Starspinner Moondust: Okay all good. The next quest is in the town ahead so we can FINALLY get there together. Glad that you waited for me so we can do this part together.

She then put auto-find back on and let her avatar ride on to the next town, which was a big one. Lots of quests, side quests, recipes and the like for great loot to wear or sell. Mounts of a different kind sold here once your level grew higher. This was a central hub for many other players, and they ran around the game around them. There were even an auction house and a raid dungeon for dungeons of various levels. Some that were there all the time and some that were event specific.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 03:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #15  
Chadwick Strider gave a salute emote.

Chadwick Strider: I wouldn't leave you behind. Besides, I did need these. I'm hoping that soon I'll have enough to get myself a player house. They are crazy expensive, and I hear that you can share them with another player.

Again, Chadwick followed Starspinner's avatar, and again, Oliver's hand was in the Cheez-its bag. White cheddar. His favorite.

Chadwick Strider:It looks like we're almost done with the mid-level grind too! We'll be hitting endgame soon, thank goodness*.

He was excited to be getting to end game now. He was dps last time, and he really wanted to get his tank leveled up.

I don't know how comfortable you are with swearing, but this would be an expletive if you're alright with it. xD
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 04:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
(( I don't care about cursing. I have a filthy mouth in RL So it's fine XD))

The worst part of any game was starting from like lvl 50 and up to 80 or 90, depending on the cap. With Dragonlust though, the cap was currently 100, but they had plans in the works to make it 150, with a brand new area to open up for all races. Part of her couldn't wait but another part of her was groaning because she and Chad both had a hand full of characters which would need to do the quests to get to the new level cap.

Once in the new area she was able to grab five quests, and Chad got the same ones. One quest was to go around and familiarize yourself with each main NPC in the city. Another quest was specific to her jewelry making skill. Since she was a mage in the game, her class could enchant jewelry to make them have better stats, and sometimes produce a gold rank item which was very rare, and if not for her class specifically, could sell for a lot of gold. The better she got at crafting jewelry the better chances she could get a gold rank.

Starspinner Moondust: Did you get the bullshit 'introductory' quest? And one specific for your tanning skill? I think we should get those out of the way and then do the out of city ones.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 04:33 AM Reply With Quote