Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #17  
He retrieved her a piece of blank paper, an ink and quill and something solid to write on since she couldn't sit at the desk. He would provide an envelope for her when the ink dried. As she wrote she asked about his family.

He was silent for a moment. "Most of my family moved on. I think my mother is still alive. Not sure about my siblings. We all scattered out after we were old enough to leave home. I came here and made a home and such for myself. My mother would be mad that I've not taken a mate, but not easy to find one when you live here and don't leave much. Not even sure there are any females around here to take as a mate.." he shrugged "Eh it's fine though. I like being alone."

Once she was done writing he let the ink upon it dry before folding into an envelope. He took the writing tools away and then handed her a book. "Here you can read this while I'm gone," he said and tucked the letter into his pocket. "I"ll be back soon."
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira smiled, grabbing the paper and pen delicately. She wrote in her native script as Kerian reminisced about his family. It seemed oddly, lonely. At least compared to her own family life. She was constantly surrounded by her mother, father, brothers and cousins. She hardly had any time to herself. In some ways, the quiet of this strange man's home was welcomed. Yet, it left her wondering if he were from some foreign land. Especially when he mentioned having no mate.

While Moira's mother was much the same, pushing her to find a suitor, it was the way he called it a 'mate', rather than any mention of marriage. She wondered if he wanted to get married. He was a rather handsome man, after all. She couldn't understand why he wouldn't already have a mate... Then again... Moira was a desirable virgin, who at twenty years old, remained unmarried. She was picky. And the men in her village were all so desperate for attention, it made it hard for her to take any of them seriously. She wanted something that felt natural, like those in storybooks.

"I find it interesting how different your family is from mine." She smiled, marking her final signature with a curvy stamp before handing the letter to Kerian. She watched him carefully put it into an envelope and for some reason, she blushed again. She looked down at her sheets, trying to hide her pure nature. As the man handed her the book, her eyes lit up. "Oh, thank you!" She stroked the spine, feeling the weight of it. It was beautifully bound. "Its beautiful." She smiled sheepishly, flipping through it. It was written in a different dialect than her own, wondering if this was Kerian's native language.

"Be safe." Moira gleamed, watching the man leave her room. And for once in her life, she was actually alone.
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #19  
As he stepped outside instead of going full dragon, he would just bring out his wings again as he did before. He stretched them out and then jumped off the edge of the cliff. The faint sound of wings could be heard flapping as he flew off, from inside where Moira was.

He knew her village oh too well. He made the mistake of flying over it when he was new to the area. Apparently, they had been attacked by dragons in the past because alarms went off and flaming arrows were being shot at him. One nicked his wing and almost caused him to falter and fall, but he flew away as fast as he could.

He didn't exactly despise the elves, he just stayed away from them. He landed a few feet away from the village and made his wings disappear before he walked to where there were two elven guards standing outside the gate. "Please give this to the family of Moira please. She is under my care at the current moment. I found her in the woods near my home with a broken ankle and she cannot be moved presently. I'll return her as soon as she's able." He handed the letter out to the left guard.
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 01:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
The hair on Moira's neck rose from the sound of flapping outside. She couldn't decide whether it was a big bird, or - what. All she knew was that it brought up memories from a distant past. She was still a child. Her mother scooped her up from a huge fire, her oldest brother was helping their father wrangle out animals from their stalls. The smell of singed wood and screaming people resurfaced in her brain. She took a large gulp, and decided to start reading.

"Loquin's Ward" She wrinkled her nose, still trying to rid her head of negativity. She sighed and flipped into the first page. From there she was flipping through pages nonstop. It told a story of a dragon and their family. The memories of fire and pitchforks returned but were combated by the beautiful story's dialogue. She was stricken and confused. Moira wondered just what a dragon's scales would feel like.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #21  
Kerian left the village as soon as the letter was handed off. It was up to the guards to deliver it or not. He didn't want to linger there any longer then he needed to. As soon as he was out of sight and earshot, he grew his wings again for the third time and headed back to his cave.

He landed and withdrew his wings and then headed back inside where Moira was reading. "Delivered. Though I handed it to a guard outside the village so I hope he delivers it," he said as he closed the door. "How is the book?" he asked as he sat down nearby. "I hope it's interesting enough to keep your attention. I have others if that one doesn't suit you."
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira nearly leapt from her sheets at the sound of Kerian's voice. Though she heard the sounds of distant flapping, she definitely didn't expect him to return so quickly. Perhaps they were closer to her village than she'd thought? When she looked down at her book, she noted that she was already twenty pages in. So she looked up at Kerian with a bashful smile. "No, this one is rather good." She closed it over her finger momentarily, trying to shake her curiosities away. "Tell me, have you ever seen a dragon?" She brushed a strand of hair from her face as she said so.
Old Posted 11-25-2017, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #23  
He knew it was only a matter of time before she started asking about dragons. He found the situation to be very humorous but he didn't let her see that on his face. "Yes, I've seen dragons before," he said slowly. He wasn't going to exactly tell her hewas a dragon, but he would at least tell her he saw dragons before.

"Where I was before here, there were quite a few around me. They didn't cause trouble though. Most kept to themselves." he said with a shrug, which wasn't a lie. Growing up as a fledgling, he was often ignored. He left home mainly because nobody cared enough about him toowant to mate with him.
Old Posted 11-25-2017, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira cringed, closing the book in front of her. "Hmph. Well the only times I've seen a dragon, there was smoke and fire." She held down a growl. "And death." She spat out. She looked out towards the open night sky. "Y'know, our village says that befriending a dragon is good luck. They say its a curse to kill them." She scoffed, looking down now. "But what were we supposed to do? Besides, their horns and scales make very powerful weapons." She didn't want to give away all of their family secrets and lore. She only met this person.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 01:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #25  
He bristled inwardly at the mention of using hides and horns as weapons. "Dragons go where there's food. If wild food is scarce, their only choice is livestock that's out in the open by humans or other races that farm." he said as he didn't want to leave her kind out. "If they have no other choice but to starve, they'll go after livestock. Those who's livestock is attacked, sees this as a personal threat, and if they are attacked for trying to not go hungry, they retaliate.

I"m sorry that your people had a bad experience with a dragon, but they are right. If you befriend a dragon they can be very powerful allies."
he stated. He got up from beside her chair as if offended. "I will check on you later," he stated shortly and left the home portion of the cave and went back further to the caves. His dragon size nest was in a chamber filled with luminescent crystals. He heaved a sigh and looked back. He was harboring someone who out and out hated dragons. If she knew what he was...But he wasn't like how she mentioned at all...but it seemed in their eyes, all dragons are the same.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 02:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira did remember the talons of a dragon's feet latching onto a cow before flying off. Perhaps it was after the first throw of a pitchfork that the dragon actually attacked with fire. She wasn't actually there when her village was attacked, so she wasn't sure how it all happened. She did remember though... That the dragon was killed. It was a green serpent dragon with antler-like horns. Supposedly different types had different powers and abilities.

"Goodnight." She watched Kerian walk off, obviously hurt by Moira's words. It seemed odd. She wondered how close Kerian had been to the dragon he'd seen. Perhaps he had actually befriended one. Moira looked down at the leather bound book, stroking it over the burnt lettering. Perhaps this book would give her some insight. She definitely wouldn't sleep tonight.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 03:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #27  
Kerian didn't change back to his full-sized self. He didn't think it was a good idea, nor was going back to Moira right away. Instead, he just slid down into his familiar pit and leaned up against the crater that served as his nest. For his human size, he dwarfed the large area, but it was at least something he knew. He stared up at the ceiling of the cave which actually had a nice sized hole in it. He was able to see the stars from where he lay.

He stared for a while and then heaved a sigh. He couldn't just neglect Moira, nor could he keep what he truly was too much longer. The more they spoke the more suspicious of things she'd get. It was only a matter of time before she put two and two together. As soon as she was able, he'd take her back to her people and not have to worry about her at all.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 06:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
The sun came up in bright surges that made Moira delirious. She groaned, holding her arm in front of her face. She must've fallen asleep at some point. The leather book was spread open, halfway through on the bedspread. She dreamed of a dragon breathing on her face, his snout puffing up her hair. She felt like she could still see its eyes. And for some reason, it made her think of Kerian. She wondered where he was. Hopefully he was okay.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #29  
Sunlight filtered through the hole in the ceiling above his bed. He looked up and frowned. When did he fall asleep? He shook his head and climbed out of the crater and brushed himself off. He walked into the house a few moments later and saw that Moira was also just waking up.

"Sorry I must have dozed off in the cave. I meant to come back to check on you. I guess sleep claimed both of us. Are you feeling better? Do you need to use the outhouse before I make you breakfast?" he asked. He felt a small chill in the air due to the fact the fire in the built-in fireplace had gone out. He sparked a few pieces of dry tender from existing banked coals to get the chill out of the room.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
She felt ashamed and estranged, her hair was starting to form a nest in the back of her head. Moira nodded when he asked about the outhouse. "I feel much better after some sleep." She yawned, stretching so that her shoulders would pop. "Though, I'm still curious about dragons. I've only seen one of them up close. My mom and dad have seen two each..." She fiddled her fingers. "Well, did you actually meet one?" To be honest, if it were possible to befriend a dragon, imagine the power one could have.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #31  
He went to the bed and picked her up and carried her outside to the outhouse. As she did her business she was still talking about dragons. He groaned inwardly and he clenched his fist. She wasn't going to let up on her curiosity about him knowing dragons in the past.

"I guess you can say, where I lived before...we were friends with the dragons. I was around them a lot." He said. "I have been around dragons since I was young."
He then went quiet as she finished her morning 'duty'.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Moira had heard about villages who actually befriended dragons, though it seemed more like a fairy tale. She was skeptical, but a little humbled. "Really? What are they like? When they aren't stealing cattle and burning villages..." She chuckled.

Though the magnificent creatures had destroyed her village previously, she still had some kind of admiration of their power. They were beautiful, to be honest. She'd just never considered what they were like when they were alone, or with their families. Hence why the book Kerian gave her was so interesting. She wondered if his upbringing was similar to the family in the book. She finished up and before she knew it, she was scooped up by Kerian again. His arms were stiff and stable, she felt safe in them.
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 05:40 PM Reply With Quote