Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #33  
Woops, been a while. Do you have a production company or any sort of equivalent to add to that, Law? Some sort of entity that made it?
Old Posted 06-16-2016, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Uh. How has Undertale not been suggested yet?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-16-2016, 04:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #35  
Nope, go for it!

Oh, and the game was made by Avee Bee of the group Mammon Machine:ZEAL, and published on Sep. 15, 2015 by Date Nighto.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 06-16-2016, 06:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
I was going to suggest Undertale! That is an amazing game.

Ori and the Blind Forest. Ii think it is on Xbox One and PC. It is a puzzle platformer game. The graphics are beautiful and the story is amazing!
Old Posted 06-21-2016, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #37  
I second Ori and the Blind Forest <3 Not only are the graphics beautiful and the story really well written but it also has a fantastic soundtrack! It is on PC (Steam) and Xbox One and it was made by Moon Studios.

I found it a little difficult to play but it's a fantastic platformer and a story that is so emotional that you will probably find yourself crying within the first 10 minutes of the game!

About This Game (game story) :
The forest of Nibel is dying. After a powerful storm sets a series of devastating events in motion, an unlikely hero must journey to find his courage and confront a dark nemesis to save his home. “Ori and the Blind Forest” tells the tale of a young orphan destined for heroics, through a visually stunning action-platformer crafted by Moon Studios for PC. Featuring hand-painted artwork, meticulously animated character performance, and a fully orchestrated score, “Ori and the Blind Forest” explores a deeply emotional story about love and sacrifice, and the hope that exists in us all.

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 06-21-2016, 03:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Morphie's Law.

It's a shooter game, but with a twist.

Quote:
Morphies Law is a body morphology driven 3D Shooter. The basic law of the game is simple: each weapon hit transfers mass from the victim's inflicted limb to the corresponding limb of the wielder of the weapon. As an immediate consequence, skilled players become tall and easy to hit, whereas beginners shrink until they become difficult targets. Highly skilled players may therefore play with casual players in the same match and both can enjoy the game. Your skill will not be expressed by your kill-death-ratio, but by your body size.
Right now, it's in alpha testing, but it should be available soon via Steam. I want to play it because even if I'm lousy at it, there's great potential for hilarity.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 06-21-2016, 04:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #39  
Seeing as how no one has made a review yet...

Undertale by Toby Fox - September 15, 2015

Undertale is a roleplaying experience with graphics and humor similar to Earthbound. However, that is the minimum one can say - Undertale is a roleplaying experience that deconstructs other elements common in 2D roleplaying games. From dating to puzzles, it will laugh at the rules of other RPG's.

That said, Undertale also offers something rather innovative - it's turn-based combat style. Unlike most of its kind, Undertale has encounters where it goes full-out black-and-white Tron. The enemy character covers the upper half of the screen, while the game turns your character into a heart...inside a box...and uses abstract bullet hells that fit your enemy's personality to attack you in real time. It's a good way to mix first-person and top-down perspectives. As a game that deconstructs material should do, this battle mode is used for more than bullet hells. Platforming that normally would not work in either of the perspectives works here, as well as self-referential humor and things like a dog eating the opponent's special attack. I'll point out that there are also "Mercy" and "Act" buttons...but I fear I am already saying too much.

The story...it's best not to mention much of. It has elements typical of a good fantasy story - go check out Monster Rancher season 1 for similar feels - but generally it's about the characters one meets in the game. Toby makes these monsters who will summon man-eating butterflies...human, and not in the "brooding angst" way. They have loves, hobbies, are rather nerdy, and are both fun and groan-worthy enough to want to like/be around them. Like the music Toby uses, a good bit of the story uses leitmotifs for each character, making them rather easy to get into/recognize.
Other than that, there are three endings that are very different in gameplay based on your actions towards all the monsters. (Typically, they are named "Pacifist, Neutral, and Genocide" routes). Oh, and the game remembers your actions in past saves and runs.

It's a ten dollar game for 8-16 hours of game, so go check it out. If you want, there is even a free demo of the game. Hide your puns.

(I will warn you, the fanbase is as bad and good as MLP or FNaF...they make some good content, fan-games, and art...but also have youths who will curse you for playing the game on your own terms.) Now, be very, very quiet. I'm hunting Floweys.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 06-21-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old Posted 06-21-2016, 11:04 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Forgetting numbers here! I'm getting lost putting these up. Update and new game in just a minute! On 28 now.

28. Armello (League of Geeks)

A digital 4 player board game, with 8 playable characters (currently). Can play with all online people or fill in with AI if other players are hard to find. Just started playing it but it's a good game, charming, and there is a decent variety in strategy to win, but enough chance that the game can vary quite a bit in terms of how well things go, which can be good and bad if one doesn't adapt well. The art is nice and the animations are smooth but it can feel a bit slow between turns.

It's easier to appreciate the game by just going to check it out yourself than by my describing it.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 07-16-2016 at 02:27 AM.
Old Posted 07-06-2016, 02:18 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #41  
Updated with (relative) page and post numbers! And why am I still awake?
Old Posted 12-06-2016, 08:58 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Is it save to necro a thread that's only three pages? I'd hate to lose the reviews attached.

29. Dark Souls 3. (From Software, multi-platform)

You probably already know what it's about, and you are probably already aware of it's famous difficulty. Even after a few years, I'd say it's still relevant and has more replayability than one would expect. (Waits for Suze to call me on the replayability comment). The game is hard but doable, or perhaps, learnable, though at varying speeds. I've played some solo but mostly with a friend and it's been great fun, even with the moments of panic, dread, rage, and oh dear god why am I doing this? Because when you do manage it, it's awesome!
Old Posted 01-29-2020, 04:17 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #43  
Idk if this list is being updated, but might I add:

30. Horizon Zero Dawn

It's such a beautifully done game with a great story. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. It's humans against machines, with humans being regressed to tribal societies to hunt these machines.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 05-06-2021, 08:43 AM Reply With Quote