Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dragon Storm
Default Capricious Virtual Reality OOC   #1  
Here is the talk thread (I hope I'm doing this right)

---------------------------------

You look around and see about a dozen other people. After hearing the announcement of the laughably evil Goat Man, people have begun to gather into little groups. They worriedly are trying to figure out the key to this place, or the code to that place. Now, you and a select few others with you have the benefit granted by paying 10 aurum. You all get a special space above and away from this virtual reality, where you can debate and discuss things with and in front of the Goat Man's apparition. This is that space. It's white and empty like a piece of blank paper. However, you are free to request any object in the mansion or ask any yes-or-no question to the Goat Man while you work on getting out of here. The Goat Man does not lie, but does sometimes speak in half-truths.

-------------------------------

To Request an item from the game (Items will be listed in bold on the story section:
Quote:
Username:
Item Name:
To make a guess:

Quote:
Username:
Guess:
Reasoning:
To ask a yes-or-no question:

Quote:
Username:
Question:
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 10-27-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 09:40 AM  
It's ALIVE
-sweats-
ooohhhhh I hope I did that right
-gets more nervous-
I dun wanna die in here D:

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:31 AM  
Dragon Storm
Default   #3  
Err, not quite (that part is sort of supposed to be on this section)

So, you want to look at the windows?

---------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
WELL. Now that we are here...
She walks around the room, testing the windows. There seemed to be a mechanism holding them shut for the moment. After letting out a large sigh, she turns around and starts searching through the desk for more clues.

On the right window, you gaze out in the artificial moonlight. You notice a glint on the glass - a mark that refracts the moonlight, as if there is a deep set of scratches in the glass. The scratches form this number: 113.

On the left window, you see a similar marking. It reads: 124. It is likely that these numbers are connected.
__

__

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:43 AM  
It's ALIVE
D: do you want me to go delete it D:
Oh goodness
-sweats further-

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:46 AM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #5  
A young man named Ari is dressed very strangely as some sort of cat-thing with antennae. It's likely he didn't have enough money to make a proper costume, but this one is kind of cute. Sighing, he moved around the room, deciding on what to look at, before he finally decided on the door. Might as well see if there was some way to undo the latch on this side.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:48 AM  
Dragon Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
D: do you want me to go delete it D:
Oh goodness
-sweats further-
Don't "sweat" it xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowfox Ari View Post
A young man named Ari is dressed very strangely as some sort of cat-thing with antennae. It's likely he didn't have enough money to make a proper costume, but this one is kind of cute. Sighing, he moved around the room, deciding on what to look at, before he finally decided on the door. Might as well see if there was some way to undo the latch on this side.
-----------

The front door does not budge. However, as you grip the handle, you notice it feels rather sharp. As you grip it tightly, the door handle cuts your hand. You can feel pain, apparently, in this virtual reality, though there is no blood or wound. Oddly, you think that word means something.

----------

Also, good job! You now have:

113 and 124 as parts for a lock code

___ door/handle/cut ___ ___ as part of one of the door passwords

You can ask the Goat to understand that better.
__

__

Last edited by Lawtan; 10-27-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 12:01 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #7  
"Ow! Sh-." Ari cut himself off before he could complete the swearword, and looked for a long, disturbing cut across his hand... nothing. Grumbling about 'stupid VR', he marched to the middle of the room, and put his hands on his hips. "Oi! Goatboy! Here's one of my questions! I'm allowed Yes or No ones, right? So here's mine. Is CUT a word on that stupid lock?"
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 12:28 PM  
Dragon Storm
The Goat looks on with a degree of amusement. The horizontal slit-like pupils show a twisted mirth. "Indeed. "cut" is a syllable in one of the passwords."
__

__

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 12:47 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #9  
"Okay, so... blank-cut-blank, cut-blank-blank, or blank-blank-cut. That doesn't really help all that much." He gave a glare of resentment at the goat. "Alright, time to explore in earnest." He strode with purpose over to the red-carpeted staircases, and started going over them with a mental 'fine-toothed-comb' - looking for anything out of place.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 12:54 PM  
Dragon Storm
The Goat Man grins. "Fret not, little one," he said, "I could have simply told you it was not a word, and spoke the truth."

---------------

As you go over the red carpet, you notice that it is not quite red. More correctly, the red carpet is almost pink in some areas, and red in others. You believe it may form an overall picture of a bearded creature with long horns. It looks like a thickly built goat, but is it?
__

__

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 01:37 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #11  
Kneeling down for a moment, he studied the carpet. There had to be a better way to get a look at this. He ascended the stairwell, and peered over the edge toward where the hidden picture was, craning his head this way and that, to see if he could make heads or tails of it. "While I'm at it, Mr. Goat, I'm wondering something else. I've been in my room, and I noticed there were no keyboards. I haven't checked the monitors yet, but..." He motioned to the rest of the area. "Are the keyboards vital to finding any more clues?"
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 01:51 PM  
Dragon Storm
Despite the posturing, you still observe a form of goat. That said, you retain an uneasy feeling about such a simple solution. Perhaps it will make more sense upon further exploration and observation of other objects.

The Goat Man is amused, the smug thing. "Nope. The monitors are touch screen."
__

__

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 02:21 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #13  
"Touchscreen monitors? In that case..." He leaped back over the railing, and moved toward his room, opening the door, and sitting down at the desk, reaching out to move the mouse and observe what was on the screen. Maybe, if this whole shindig was virtual reality - some computer program or another would have more clues...
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 03:04 PM  
Dragon Storm
(In retrospect, a mouse and touchscreen setup is a tad silly)

-------------------------

The screen boots up with a bruum sound. It then shows username: 14- and no password. Clicking it, you see a screen with what would be Random Access Memory data, but instead is labeled "GOAT". Then the destop background fades in.

You go to lookup the image on the red carpet on the ---cut Search Engine, and find this data:

"Oreamnos americanus, the Rocky Mountain Goat...Despite its name, it is not of the same genus of all other goats."
__

__

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 04:30 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #15  
"Let's see... RAM turned into GOAT, that has to be connected. I'll worry about that later. Rocky Mountain Goat, huh?" He leaned back in the chair, and steepled his fingers. "Alright, I'll bite. Some of this data is obviously missing... Let me..." He produced a pad of paper from the desk, and a pen. VR could do anything, and he did need to remember these numbers. How nice. He wrote down --Cut, Rocky Mountain Goat, and 14--. That done, he tucked the pad and pen into his shirt, and went into the room beside his, not really caring whose it was - repeating the process of logging in on the computer. If the number was different, he had an idea.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 06:31 PM  
Dragon Storm
You proceed to a neighboring room. However, the guest in that room desires privacy and refuses you entry. So, you move to the next room instead. You log in, and the number states: 166.
__

__

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 09:56 PM