Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dragon Storm
Default Capricious Virtual Reality   #1  

A little uplifting chime echoes across the land, hearkening of old hay-bale mazes and playing puppies. All dressed up in your Halloween garters and sexy fireman outfits, you look up. The siren sound overshadows the cries of frustration over spooky crossword puzzles and moans of the Hospital. The truck climbs closer, looking bright and colorful. It stops.

The truck opens up to reveal a series of enclosed stations, with hanging headsets, boots, belts, and gloves. There is a massive stage - a holographic movie setup - ready to display the upcoming event. The lights flicker on, and the hologram of an odd creature - an anthropomorphic ram in fancy clothes and wearing a tophat - appears. His grinning smirk and confident poise reveal a cunning mind.

The Goat Man bleats, "Come, one and all, to the virtual experience of a lifetime! Drama! Intrigue! Romance! We will provide you with a fantasy beyond your dreams and nightmares! Only 5 aurum for the chance of a lifetime! 10 aurum for a prize afterward!" Like a false call for animals seeking love, or a lure for hunters seeking food, the marketing bleat somehow attracts you. It's like somehow the words are ropes or chains. They wrap around you and pull you in. Flash. Music. Jump into the line! It's like a digital rave adventure waiting to happen.

You pay the price, suit up in your little cubical, and wait. Along with many others, you await the experience to begin. Suddenly, the cubicles lock automatically. An animalistic cackle echoes through your head. "Let the game...begin!"

A giant room digitizes in before your eyes, in 1080p no less! It is a marble foyer, with two circling red-carpeted staircases to the second floor, You turn and see about a dozen other people with you. You go to try the massive carved door outside, but it is locked. Outside a left window shows a hedge-maze. Outside the right window shows an abandoned grave mound. The foyer has a desk with a mirror and a painted flower pot. On the desk is a note reading "What is my name?" On the other side is a coat closet and a combination locked wardrobe. In each of the thirteen rooms is a bed, a couch, a computer, a mouse, and a monitor. There are no keyboards, or video game consoles. Two doors at the end of the upper hallways are locked - both with word combination locks. There is another note reading, "What am I?"

The sound of a venomous voice catches your attention. "Welcome, my pets, to the Caprinae Mansion. This is escapist simulation No.26743. I hope you enjoy this simulation, because we certainly enjoy your trust in shady businesses. For your comfort and enjoyment, you have access to the Foyer and the upper hallways - your bedrooms. There is a monitor and computer in each of your rooms, so feel free to enjoy your little vacation for a few days. Don't fret - you will be taken care of as we travel to our destination, which afterward, your new caretakers will enjoy your service or hostage value. In short, my pretty cash cows, you've been kidnapped, and your only way out is to solve the riddles of this simulation to get the keys to your freedom!"

The Goat Man's voice cackles and fades out.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Objectives:
  • Find a way out
  • Unlock the main door
  • Answer the note "What am I?"
  • Answer the note "What is my name?"
  • Unlock the second story doors
  • Find the combination lock

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is my thread: a roleplay mystery from the same universe I've been working on for a while. It's somewhat similar to the manor mystery last year, but with a few twists. For example: YOU are among the guests. As non-player guests are taken out, different areas of the mansion will open up, giving more clues and keys to other places.

Observable items will be listed in bold, clues will be underlined and objectives will be bullet points at the bottom of posts.

Now, this is a game-within-a-game, so it makes sense that the players can talk freely and try to discuss and find the threat in the OOC thread. PLEASE DO NOT TALK IN THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS JUST TO UPDATE THE STORY AND SET UP CLUES/ITEMS.
Last edited by Lawtan; 10-27-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 09:40 AM  
It's ALIVE
WELL. Now that we are here...
She walks around the room, testing the windows. There seemed to be a mechanism holding them shut for the moment. After letting out a large sigh, she turns around and starts searching through the desk for more clues.

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:28 AM