Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #49  
aaand updated!

no new subjects, as we're going to be wrapping up here. make sure if you have any last minute quotes to drop, you drop them now!

Old Posted 02-28-2020, 02:27 AM  
Lazy
Hope I'm not too late

Space
Quote:
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me. Blaise Pascal
Ocean
Quote:
Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen. Steven Wright
Longing
Quote:
I'm moved by people who see the world differently than others. People who see the world with a longing for its poetry often can be broken people. Laura Dern
Heat
Quote:
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back? Steven Wright
Touch
Quote:
Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same. Helen Keller
Games
Quote:
I cannot get myself interested in video games. I've been given video game players and they just sit there connected to my TVs gathering dust until eventually I unplug them so I can put in another special-region DVD player. Quentin Tarantino
Art
Quote:
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. Georgia O'Keeffe
Squirrels
Quote:
I like squirrels. They're so adventurous. Gabby Douglas
Reading
Quote:
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. Steven Wright
Holidays
Quote:
The best way to celebrate the holidays is with some delicious food. Rachel Hollis
Old Posted 02-28-2020, 06:38 AM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #51  
not late at all! i tend to give my last call a day before closing, then post again when things are closed just to make sure people know.

enjoy your extra books!

Old Posted 02-28-2020, 09:47 AM  
Lazy
Okay awesome :D Thanks so much!
Old Posted 02-28-2020, 10:06 AM  
Writer
Default   #53  
Games:
Quote:
Of course I have played outdoor games. I once played dominoes in an open air cafe in Paris.
― Oscar Wilde
Art:
Quote:
The only artists I have ever known who are personally delightful are bad artists. Good artists exist simply in what they make, and consequently are perfectly uninteresting in what they are. A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures. But inferior poets are absolutely fascinating. The worse their rhymes are, the more picturesque they look. The mere fact of having published a book of second-rate sonnets makes a man quite irresistible. He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realize.
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Squirrels:
Quote:
She's as nutty as squirrel poo.
— J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Reading:
Quote:
Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.
— C.S. Lewis
Holidays:
Quote:
My experience in Amsterdam is that cyclists ride where the hell they like and aim in a state of rage at all pedestrians while ringing their bell loudly, the concept of avoiding people being foreign to them.
My dream holiday would be a) a ticket to Amsterdam b) immunity from prosecution and c) a baseball bat.
— Terry Pratchett
Old Posted 02-28-2020, 08:38 PM  
It Won't Stop
aaand we're closed! thanks everyone for participating!

Old Posted 03-01-2020, 03:00 AM  
Lazy
Default   #55  
Thanks for hosting Galla!
Old Posted 03-01-2020, 10:11 AM  
It Won't Stop
my pleasure. the event shop will be closing in a few days, so get your leftover books handled soon.

Old Posted 03-01-2020, 10:31 AM  
Lazy
Default   #57  
Thanks for the note! Spent all i could :D
Old Posted 03-01-2020, 10:39 AM