Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
Lion King on Genesis is one of the few good movie license games ever.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-02-2015, 02:02 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
-offers a high five to quiet- woo!

oh dude, the lion king XD i never got past the first stage on my own, i was either too little or too dumb and killed myself over and over (wasn't there an aladdin one too? i vaguely recall suicide by carpet)
Old Posted 12-02-2015, 04:23 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #19  
On Genesis or Game Gear? Both had both.

I don't think I got very far in Aladdin either case, usually dying to the hot coals that I couldn't for the life of me make it over. The Lion King I could finish, though I did find the Game Gear game harder than the Genesis, especially the wildebeest level.

I quite liked Ren & Stimpy on Game Gear, though I died constantly because it was one of the first games I played where jumping on a bad guy killed you instead of them. It was hard to break that habit.
Old Posted 12-02-2015, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
genisis XD gamegear was only for sonic(like gameboy was only for pokemon haha)

there was a ren and stimpy game? oOo!
Old Posted 12-02-2015, 05:05 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #21  
Heh. Game Boy (pocket) for Pokemon, Genesis for Lion King, Super Nintendo for Donkey Kong Country, N64 for Ocarina of Time, and PS2 for Devil May Cry.

I did have Sonic 1 and 2 for Game Gear. Could never get passed that pincer boss thing in 2 as I could never figure out how to kill it.

The N64 was the console I played the most, and ultimately got the most games for. My sister has it now. It lives it's own box and has a fabric cover to keep the dust away when we're not playing it. I haven't picked up a new console since the Wii. I've gone back to my PC roots, plus broke. Bloodborne looks really tempting though.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 12-02-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old Posted 12-02-2015, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Sadly the pinkie was poor so she never had anything like that. The first system I ever had was the Nintendo 64 at 16 years old. So for me I grew up on games like monopoly, hungry hungry hippos, sorry....or outside games like kick the can, jail brake...things like that.
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 12-02-2015, 05:43 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #23  
We were 12 when we got our first console, as my mother was anti-video game. Board games were Parcheesi, some made up Monopoly, Chess, and making little cities with the chess sets and Go pieces.

Outside games were...whatever we had. Hula hoops, balls, stilts (could do stairs on those things at a low height), and the jungle gyms at school. Makes me think of how fit kids can get. I certainly couldn't swing myself across monkey bars now with any reasonable speed.
Old Posted 12-02-2015, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
it's ok pinky XD though to be fair i could never understand that hahaha, there were consoles in my house before there was me XD i played my first game at four(though the nes was bought when i was three, i only watched it then) and have always had /something/ since and even that was not the limit since i has friends and babysitters with consoles XD

i will say though, my first computer with a game was when i was 8(kidpix studio and a sesemestreet game) so for as entrenched as i was most pc games occurred around middleschool for me when they had to compete with my first love(and forever obsession) books
Old Posted 12-03-2015, 03:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #25  
I can't remember which one I got first but I Got a purple Gameboy colour one year with Pokemon yellow which I played to death. I then had Pokemon blue, red, gold, silver, crystal, Pokemon Pinball and a regular pinball game called Pinball Dreams.

The other major console I had was my original Playstation 1 from my uncle (I still have it and it still works). I know I got Tomb Raider 2 with it but I wasn't very good. I could never get out of the cave in the adventure mode, but I'd frequently play running around her home, locking the butler in the pantry then either swan diving off a balcony or drowning her.... ^_^;;
The games I really remember playing a lot and fairly well were Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bash, Spyro, Spyro 3 : Enter the Dragonfly, Rayman, Yu-gi-oh : Forbidden Memories and Tekken 2. I really enjoyed playing these games.

We also had a load of board games that me and my nan would frequently play like Misfits (had strips of costumes like hats, faces, tops & legs and if you could match the costume you won that set), Snap/Pairs, Guess Who?, Ludo, Scrabble and a load of other classic 90's board games.

I eventually had a PS2 when they came out, but I don't really remember playing it much.

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I remember my step-sister had Guess Who?, along with Perfection and Pictionary. Everyone had Scrabble and Monopoly. A friend of mine had all the girly games you could get, like Girl Talk, Dream Phone (I think that's what it was called, with the pink phone in the middle where you hoped to get a call from a cute guy. Bad news if it was the nerd), and Pretty Pretty Princess. All the gender stereotypes!
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 12-03-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old Posted 12-03-2015, 12:59 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #27  
Looking around a bit. Sadly, Youtube does not seem to have the demo I was thinking of (at least without more determined digging) but this sounds pretty familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj-YnsXTVjc
Old Posted 12-16-2015, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Stuck In One Reality
I remember playing Civilization 2 a lot when i was younger.
I love the wonders they had in the game back then and paratroopers were really fun units to deploy.
The later eras didn't last very long tho since you advance to fast.
Last edited by Monorea; 12-16-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old Posted 12-16-2015, 04:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
On Black Friday, the Humble store had a bunch of games on sale that I hadn't seen for a very long time: Putt-Putt and Freddi Fish.
WAIT. FUCK. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-17-2015, 08:13 PM Reply With Quote  
a gender ghost.
the game from my childhood that stands out most is Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Genesis. I've played it again as an adult and it's still a great game! I would always pick Red and make my brother choose Blue. XD

I was the oldest so he pretty much had to listen to me. :P

other games from my childhood include Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and Kirby's Dream Land for Gameboy and Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for Super Nintendo. Oh, and I used to play Super Smash Bros and the multiplayer in Donkey Kong 64 with my cousins, since they owned a Nintendo 64 and I never did.

edit: oh, and my favorite tabletop game as a kid was Clue. I have never played a game of Clue as any detective other than Colonel Mustard. For some reason, he was my favorite.
♥ Lovely Teahouse ♥

tumblr | twitter
Last edited by Tas; 12-17-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old Posted 12-17-2015, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #31  
Oh, Espy if I knew you wanted them I would've told you! D:

Apparently Steam has 'em all for $7 each, but the $2 Humble Store deal would've been way better.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 12-17-2015, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Naaaarrrgh I grew up on Putt-Putt and Freddi Fish.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-18-2015, 04:44 AM Reply With Quote