Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #5329  
I love your princess, Derpy! She has some of the same likes and dislikes as me. And one of the same special abilities. Good job!

Today I was trying to make a mushroom, but the instructions were confusing me, and I had to pull out the stitches a lot of times, and then sit down and calculate and write what I should do for EACH stitch.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-16-2021, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
new phones happened today for mom and me... and it was a friggin' circus to get stuff working...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 06-18-2021, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5331  
*sympathy* I made another of the mushrooms in the pattern book, and making her gills was a circus.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-18-2021, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yay! Another mushroom! But boo for the circus! Though hopefully it helped you learn so if you make it again it'll be easier next time!

I quit being lazy last week and finished sewing up Custard's head and got it flipped right side out. Then was struck by lazy again. But at this point, all I need to do is....still a lot actually, I realize after starting to list everything. But a lot of it is just minor details (adding eyes and heart and stuffing all the parts to make a cuddly, squishable baby) and assembly. And the making of a few more things. Like wings, spine, and a cookie, which I need to dig in my stash to find the pink yarn for.
And also may throw in a small bonus item tbh just for all your patience. And because it'll be cute. >.>
Old Posted 06-19-2021, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5333  
She found a home today at the farmers market, too. She's helping a lady sell jewelry. And there will be more. I have two orders for shroomies of that pattern alone, as well as for others. I never realized that mushroom sprites would be addictive on sight! But the artist has given me stitch by stich breakdowns for the gills on that #2 pattern, so hopefully, this will help.

Awwwww! I'm excited!

Are you sure? You already offered to send me yarn. *hug!*

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-19-2021, 07:35 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Weeeellll...I may have found a very inexpensive and cute little item at a booth at the farmer's market today to throw in if I can get there again before Custard is ready to go home. (Like seriously. It'll only cost me $1. XD)

Actually picked up a few for Derpy...>.>

Lol...just realized I forgot to switch accounts.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 06-19-2021, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5335  
Hi, Derpy! XD

Awwww. Now I'm curious! Also, farmers market, w00t!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-19-2021, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Tbh, the farmer's market was mostly disappointing, but there were a couple booths I'd go back to.
Old Posted 06-19-2021, 07:51 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5337  
Awwww. The one I go to is great. I... maayyy have been working unofficially on my day off today. I was visiting the lady who runs the booth I work at, and she was helping a customer when more interested people came, so I got up and talked to them and sold them a top.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-19-2021, 08:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah...here was mostly crocheted baby stuff, sewn baby stuff, and some assorted sugary foods booths. Like cotton candy, kettle corn, etc. And a handful of vegetable sellers. But I hope there will be more variety a little later in the summer.
Old Posted 06-20-2021, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5339  
Daaaang. This is ours. It's just one of the downtown ones.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-21-2021, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
The fact that you have multiple farmer's markets alone blows this place out of the water.
XD
But I imagine this year is just gonna be a bit slow/weird here in general as people are getting back into things and are selling a lot of their "quarantine crafts".
Am gonna try to actually build up stock and maybe do the market next year with my plushies and simple chainmaille jewelry. We'll see.

Also may be getting another order for a dragon plushie soon. XD
I need to sit and work on Custard tomorrow (and my blue shawl).
Speaking of...could you give me a color reference for the shade of pink you want for their macaron? I remember you saying Cherry Blossom, but am not sure if that should be closer to a medium rosy pink or a lighter pastel pink or something in between.
Old Posted 06-22-2021, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5341  
The markets here have been going fairly steadily all through the pandemic. Distancing and masks and no sitting space on some days all in effect. Oh, that could be fun. :D

Sweet!

She likes macarons that bring this to mind.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-22-2021, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah...the market here was cancelled last year due to covid. Because let's be honest....NO ONE here was gonna properly social distance loke they should. So I imagine it'll be slow getting everyone back into the swing of things.

The hardest part for me with building up stock is just...actually keeping to any kind of deadline and not starting a billion other projects. So my one friend has set a deadline of August 1st for me to finish Custard and my blue shawl and finish stage 1 of prototyping another project (which with any luck will only need 2 stages instead of 3+).
And after that will be lots of plushie making hopefully. And maybe occasionally some chainmaille stuff too. But lots of plushies!

Ohhhh that looks yummy! I can work with that.
Old Posted 06-22-2021, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5343  
Awww. Yeah, they policed the one I go too pretty firmly. Also, I really don't want to go back to not wearing masks, even though not wearing one is more comfortable than wearing one!

Awww. Youcandoit!

Wait... chain mail plushies?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-23-2021, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I'll be honest, once covid is pretty well contained and most everyone who can get the vaccine has (I may see if I can get in to get the first shot tomorrow tbh >.>) then eliminating masks is fine, but I think wearing a mask if a person is sick or if they feel more comfortable doing so is fine and should be more normalized than it is. Have a compromised immune system and want to wear a mask in public spaces to feel safe? Do it! Have a cold and want to limit the spread to others by wearing a mask? Please do! Have anxiety issues or feel self conscious about your appearance and wearing a mask makes being in public easier for you? Great! Wear it! We shouldn't shame mask wearers the way so many people are. Like...I get funny looks now when I go shopping and wear a mask because 95% of people aren't anymore. But I'm not vaccinated yet and want to be safe still. (And also am hiding some embarrassing acne issues...)

Yeah....was lazy and did very little yesterday. Did a little work out (like 9 min total, so not a lot, but I'll probably workout more tomorrow), then played video games and watched YouTube and let my depression win.
But tomorrow is another day off and I will strive to be stronger!

Lol...oh nooo! That got a bit muddled didn't it? XD Definitely no chainmaille plushies. ...though maybe chainmaille dragon "sculptures".
Old Posted 06-24-2021, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote