Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Socially Awkward
Default NOSTALGIA ATTACK!!!   #1  

I originally intended to make this topic about first games ever played and stuff, but then I remembered something.

Back when my sis and I were wee lasses, we used to move around a lot. Our first taste of the Mario games came in the form of Yoshi's Story (an adorable that I still miss to this day) and Super Mario 64. Back then, we had moved down to Florida from Canada. (in the middle. Of freakin. Summer. x-x )Since we kept moving around, we never really got a chance to finish it.

When we finally did, we were still fairly young girls.

Occassionally, we still play it. That is, if our temperamental 64 wants to work for us.

Then, what... two years or so ago? Super Mario Galaxy was released. An amazing game. When my sis and I got it, we were super excited to play it.

Bowser's Star Reactor. The final course before the final battle. As soon as we entered it and the familiar tune from Super Mario 64 started, my sis and I squealed. It was the same music from all those areas before a battle with Bowser, just a little upgraded. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, the music is called Bowser's Star Reactor, and the 64 version is Bowser's Road. I'm sure you can find it on youtube.)

Talk about a nostalgia attack!

So, fellow gamers. Have any similar stories?

If not, just chat about some of your first games and gaming experiences. :]

Last edited by Arachnocampa; 01-01-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old Posted 01-01-2011, 04:15 PM  
Addicted to Trisphee

Whenever I bought/played a new game, if I got sick of the in-game music, or if I had gotten a new CD around the same time, I'd play the CD and have the game volume really low. After a while, my mind's subconscious memory started associating certain CD's to certain games, even certain levels of that game.

So now when I'm listening to certain music, I'll get the urges to go play the game I associate with it. XD Like, waaaay back in middle school I had borrowed Linkin Park Reanimation while I was playing Spyro: A Hero's Tale. Now, every time I hear songs 15-20, I think of the snow level.
I'm a mule.

Visit my Quest?
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 02:54 PM  
Closed Thread