Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Forward Thinker
Default Update: New Inventory Page   #1  
Hey everybody! I know it's been a while since I did a proper update to Trisphee, and I'm sorry about that, but...

Here I am again, making updates!

Today, I bring you a preview of a brand new, updated Inventory page! There are a few refinements left to make in its visual design, but this seems to me like a perfect opportunity to get feedback from all of you lovely people.

So, without further ado...

The New Inventory Page!

The Inventory page itself doesn't have too many revolutionary changes, although there are four major things of note:

1. Items are colored based on what type of item they are (common, event, donation, etc)

2. Items will appear in any filtered tab that seems appropriate. So, a donation item that has a hat, some hair, and pants, will appear in: Donation, Hair, Head, Bottoms.

3. Items now stack up like they do in shops, and identical items are grouped together, greatly cutting down on the amount of things you need to scroll through.

4. There's a search box. It works.

There are other adjustments, of course, but those are the big ones.

Of note, I intend on using exactly the same item sorting method (search and all) in the Avatar Editor, with identical styling.

For now, this inventory page will remain only accessible through following the link in this thread, but once I've made a few more changes (and performed a bit more testing), I will be phasing out the old inventory page completely.
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 06:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It look like maybe categorization of items needs a bit of tweaking (ex: some crane game items are showing in the 'commons' tab instead of 'games/rigs', though this may be just me and/or is still being fleshed out... >.>), but this is awesome! And I'm stoked to have a search option!
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #3  
Hmm...designations like "Common" and "Game" are separate from things like "Hair" and "Tops", so I'll look into those.

In a general sense, though, Commons are the ones with Aurum values.
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
But Droopy Dragon (and several other crane game items) are showing up in commons even though they don't have a coin value?

Also, I wasn't seeing the categories of "hair", "tops", etc. Should I be?
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #5  
Companion tab!!! Thank you so much for the update!
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Yes, Kaderin. They're under "Body" and "Gear" respectively.

Once it's done, I'll make sure to include a help/tutorial thing to point out the various features. :)

You're welcome, mdom. :D Hopefully this update will be useful for editing soon, too!
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #7  
Ah, that makes sense, thanks!
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
You're welcome! :D

If anything else seems out of place or unclear, please do let me know.
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
SEARCH BOX *flails in excitement*

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 05-15-2020, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Omg there's a search box! I love that this will eventually extend to the avatar editor.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 05-16-2020, 01:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #11  
:D Yup! This was really written for the editor, but it struck me that it wouldn't take long to just finish the Inventory page before moving on to the editor portion, and this gives you something to look at, and point me at problems I don't see as the one who makes this.
Old Posted 05-16-2020, 11:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I realized items like the New Year's Firework were not working correctly with Use, nor were they even appearing in Usable. Fixed that.

Also went through the items from Crane Game and found some were marked as Common instead of Game, so I changed that.
Old Posted 05-16-2020, 11:50 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #13  
i'd imagine there's going to be a bit of catching up when it comes to getting *every* item marked and tagged appropriately, so both patience with the process and pointing out things that seem not quite right will be appreciated.

Old Posted 05-16-2020, 03:41 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
the colour padding on the boxes should be a little thinner and the numbers in the corner of stacked items ought to be just a little bigger. right now the size of the two makes it a little harder to see how many of an item you have

also maybe i am dumb but how will you be able to tell if you are wearing an item once it is put on if it is also in a stack? like say i have three party panties and i wear two of them, how will i know i have one that is unworn and two that are worn without looking at the avatar itself? i can imagine if there are a lot of items on an avatar it could get confusing
Old Posted 05-16-2020, 06:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #15  
Hmm. Come to think of it, I probably should mark somewhere things equipped and in pending trades in the inventory. Good call there.

In the editor, though, anything currently equipped to the working avatar will be removed from the main lists and put in a separate section (under the avatar itself) that shows everything equipped and what pose it is. I may also set it so that it just identifies it like the Inventory page should, and if you reuse the same item it'll change the pose. Actual use testing will be needed to decide which is better, but it'll definitely be one or both of those (if both, it'd be a config option).

As for tagging, commons were handled automatically when I set up the tags a while back, since they already were listed under specific kinds of things, although non-common items don't necessarily have all their tags. Anything we've made in the past two years or so will have all the tags, at least.
Old Posted 05-16-2020, 06:57 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
the latter is less invasive and demanding of the user but doesn't actually help with the problem of stacking
Old Posted 05-16-2020, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote