Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default Names That You've Thought About Taking   #1  
help. i am considering cinder as a nickname right now and i hate it!

in all seriousness, pls do tell me abt the names you've considered having. i have previously had virgil as a name, and was considering adrian as a name back when i was still in the portal fanbase.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-04-2022, 11:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Adriaaaaaaaan! </rocky>

I've settled pretty comfortably into "Coda" by now, but my first nickname I used online was "Kupoppa." I was joining a Secret of Mana community, so I picked a Moogle-inspired name.

But frankly, that was kind of a silly name. One of my friends started to call me "AK" to be short for "Adam Kupoppa" and that one stuck for a long time, in part because it was way less silly in regular use. (His girlfriend, who was also one of my best friends, called me "Adam Kupoppa the Monkey Moogle" just being really silly once, and so "AK64MM" became my AIM screen name, which I used until AIM shut down.)

I picked "Coda" originally because Mega Man characters use musical terms for names. But it's stuck so well because it sounds like a real name and it ties into how significant music is to me on a personal level. It just feels like it suits me, even better than my real name does.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-04-2022, 01:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
...Oh, I thought it's because you're a coder.

Rune is a good name... (Also, what is it with enbies and object names? I know a Cup, a Possum, a Moth, Sigil, Relic, Riot...)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-04-2022, 01:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
...Oh, I thought it's because you're a coder.
Just a coincidence! Calling programmers "coders" wasn't something I'd heard of until years after I'd already chosen the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Also, what is it with enbies and object names?
I don't know if I would call an animal an "object" but I think it's a pretty obvious correlation -- objects aren't inherently male or female.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-04-2022, 03:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #5  
i've stuck with Percival for over two years.

Old Posted 08-04-2022, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I've been Espy for the past decade.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-04-2022, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #7  
Espy is Espy.

Percival is Percival.

Old Posted 08-04-2022, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Irl...I've never considered any name beyond my own I don't know if it suits me, but I like it well enough and, as a friend pointed out, I have a super-hero alliteration to my name. XD
(Ex: Bruce Banner, Clark Kent, etc)

For online, I've used the same name since...probably 2008 or so? I've tried other names, but I just really like Kaderin. It was the name I gave to one of the first OCs I ever made and it just felt right to use as my online name.
I guess I'm just not the kind of person who likes change...I find something I like and stick with it for forever.
Old Posted 08-04-2022, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #9  
hooo boy. For awhile in my tween years, I went by Jade, because I thought the stone was pretty af.

when I was in a long-distance relationship with someone who was actually kinda toxic, not that I realized it back then, I was Deni. Around that time, on one of my forums, I was MascotGirlMarisol, because the name I picked for Spanish class was Marisol, and I was the person who wore the mascot uniform at sports events and pep rallies for a year.

2005 onward, I was (and still am) Den. only instead of just being short for my legal name, it's now short for Denver. On Livejournal, back before it got bought out, I was AzySapphy, short for Azul Sapphire. On Tumblr... aside from my RP ones, main was DendianaProductions... which actually started as a joke with some of my first college friends, because I favored a khaki trilby at the time, and one of them would call me Dendiana Jones.

Den also somehow morphed into Dendinius, thanks to one of my Transformers buddies, and I have the DJ name DJ d20, for future hobby work.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-05-2022, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
it's a versatile name!

Old Posted 08-05-2022, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #11  
Boris has been mine for a long time. Even my parents, older brother and sister know I go by "Boris" though Boris is my online moniker. Other than that... well, that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 08-05-2022, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I've been Kat and Kitty since high school, so I just stuck with those. xD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 08-05-2022, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #13  
makes sense. :0

Old Posted 08-06-2022, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I guess I'm just not the kind of person who likes change...I find something I like and stick with it for forever.
More or less the same here -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It would take some sort of massive change in life circumstances for me to feel that "Coda" doesn't fit me. (I don't think "Adam" fits me, but everyone else thinks it does.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Boris has been mine for a long time. Even my parents, older brother and sister know I go by "Boris" though Boris is my online moniker. Other than that... well, that's it.
Yeah, my family knows I go by Coda as well.

My son is using "Kirby" or "Green Kirby" or "GK" online.

Old Posted 08-08-2022, 07:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #15  
(You don't look like an Adam.)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-09-2022, 02:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I wouldn't mind changing my username, but have never been able to come up with something more appropriate. I wouldn't mind a clever pun of some sort.

I'd like to change my real name too, I've never felt that it suited me.
Old Posted 08-09-2022, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote