Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Default I feel sad   #1  
I feel sad looking through my profile and seeing all my old friends and have no ways of keeping in touch with most of them. So many memories I shared with so many amazing people, I wonder if they still remember and cherish all those moments. It's also sad to see avatar communities dying and not many people go on them anymore.

Avatar communities used to be a place where I can come on and forget about real life...it makes me so sad to even think about it and especially here, it feels like a ghost town...T.T I'm not good at explaining, but I'm sure you guys get what I'm trying to say. </3
Old Posted 06-08-2022, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I feel the same way.

I mostly just do shit posts on re.color these days. I don't feel close to anyone. RL is shitty and so is my online life right now.

At least I still have my art.
Old Posted 06-09-2022, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3  
I wish avatar sites were as active as they once were. :( I'm thankful for those that are still around.

But I also miss the days of the past where I had good friends on avi sites ;w; who now I have no way of contacting them and it sucks

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 06-09-2022, 12:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Nephila8 View Post
I feel the same way.

I mostly just do shit posts on re.color these days. I don't feel close to anyone. RL is shitty and so is my online life right now.

At least I still have my art.
You're like the only person left that I knew from Kinsaki days back in like 2008 or so. T.T People used to be so mean to me because I was young, really bad at English and post a bunch of nonsense...but you were still kind to me.
Old Posted 06-09-2022, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
I wish avatar sites were as active as they once were. :( I'm thankful for those that are still around.

But I also miss the days of the past where I had good friends on avi sites ;w; who now I have no way of contacting them and it sucks
I feel your pain on so many levels. </3
Old Posted 06-09-2022, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
I have lost a bunch of online friends and RP partners when avatar sites shut in the past or their active userbase dwindled. It always breaks my heart. I don't like any social media as much as I like avatar sites; they are still my favourite way to be online.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 06-09-2022, 02:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
You're like the only person left that I knew from Kinsaki days back in like 2008 or so. T.T People used to be so mean to me because I was young, really bad at English and post a bunch of nonsense...but you were still kind to me.

Yes I remember. :( I think that was part of why I broke up with my rp Wife gigglypuff. That and my marriage to my husband went to shit. I still miss her though. I liked talking to you both, but I think she might have been one of the ones that were kinda mean to you. I can't really remember all the details. Sometimes its like it never even happened.

You're much better at English now btw. :)

It doesn't help that the avatar sites kept and keep splintering off into baby sites.

I still think it would be super cool if a bunch of them joined together and you could pick which avatar you wanted to use. However, I know that'll never happen. Still nice to think about though.
Old Posted 06-09-2022, 05:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I don't necessarily feel the exact same as I wasn't ever really that close to anyone. I only have 1 friend that I miss. And I have an address for her, but it's probably been like...over 8 years since our last real contact and idk if she lives in the same place still so I'm not so sure about even sending a letter. So much has changed since then. Are we even still friends? But idk.

I do miss the higher activity levels of sites some. Though not when they were super busy as it was often hard for me to keep up with conversations.

I did have some artist friends on Gaia that I miss and a really cool rp group too. But I don't think any of them are around at all.

Making friends has always been tough for me so I don't think anyone from the past probably remembers me anyway. *shrug*

Sorry I'm just getting all rambly and depressed. XP
Old Posted 06-09-2022, 08:59 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
I agree, daiko, social media just isn't the same. :( At least not how it is today(I still miss Myspace....... ;w; )

I've always been partial to forum sites and avi sites. <3

Old Posted 06-09-2022, 09:01 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
I agree, daiko, social media just isn't the same. :( At least not how it is today(I still miss Myspace....... ;w; )

I've always been partial to forum sites and avi sites. <3
Yes! On avatar sites I feel comfortable and safe. Not so on other social media. And I just really like the format of a forum. It's easy to follow a conversation and not lose your conversation history.

And the avatars are the cherry on top of the friendly community cake.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 06-09-2022, 09:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Nephila8 View Post
Yes I remember. :( I think that was part of why I broke up with my rp Wife gigglypuff. That and my marriage to my husband went to shit. I still miss her though. I liked talking to you both, but I think she might have been one of the ones that were kinda mean to you. I can't really remember all the details. Sometimes its like it never even happened.

You're much better at English now btw. :)

It doesn't help that the avatar sites kept and keep splintering off into baby sites.

I still think it would be super cool if a bunch of them joined together and you could pick which avatar you wanted to use. However, I know that'll never happen. Still nice to think about though.
god, yes, i'd kill for a partially centralized avi site.

i'm kinda sad bc i never bothered to get to know glitch and i wish i could have done in the first place. i also tend to get kinda sad abt how the activity on this site dwindles at times. hopefully it improves with time.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 06-09-2022, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
god, yes, i'd kill for a partially centralized avi site.

i'm kinda sad bc i never bothered to get to know glitch and i wish i could have done in the first place. i also tend to get kinda sad abt how the activity on this site dwindles at times. hopefully it improves with time.
Of course my OCD/high functioning butt would probably go and try to back pixel similar items to each other. So X avatar could have X item inspired by a different site. But SO many pixel artist have come and gone on all sites. It would be to big a task.

As for activity, I'm around now. I don't know how active I can be but I do try to read the new threads list.

I mostly come on when the crane game resets.
Old Posted 06-10-2022, 06:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #13  
yeah.

ironically, despite working for pantheon online as well, i'm not very active on there. that site's also sorta dead atm.

i think the main hurdle w/ this site is getting items released.

additionally if i do get paid for making items from this site i'm gonna have to chuck that money at someone i'm friendly w/ bc of his, eh... current housing situation.

Old Posted 06-10-2022, 06:30 AM Reply With Quote  
I think I have an old account there, I can't remember though.

If you have the tittle you should already know what your rate will be/if there is anything other than monthlies offered.

Why do you feel responsible for them?
Old Posted 06-10-2022, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #15  
it's not that i feel responsible for them. it's more towards that i want them to be in a better living situation. something more stable.

not sure of the rate for either site, mostly bc i don't really ask abt that sort of thing.

Old Posted 06-10-2022, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Quote:
Originally Posted by daikokunyo View Post
Yes! On avatar sites I feel comfortable and safe. Not so on other social media. And I just really like the format of a forum. It's easy to follow a conversation and not lose your conversation history.

And the avatars are the cherry on top of the friendly community cake.
Yeah, avatar sites have better communities. :C Social media communities are all over the place.

Old Posted 06-10-2022, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote