Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #5185  
Yay!! :D

So idk how long Joann's has had them but they have precut 2 yard polycotton fabrics? So I got a couple during my last trip there(black and white) and now I might be able to actually start a White Mage cosplay for Refia from Final Fantasy III using the white fabric. Likely going to need more but this will be enough for a good start. <3

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 03-08-2021, 11:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Idk about other stores, but I think we started getting the precuts at my store sometime in the summer.

I really want to get a precut knit fabric we have which is light grey with candy hearts all over it, but idk what I'd actually make with it. XD
Old Posted 03-09-2021, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5187  
That sounds cute, but yeah idk either. ;-; Maybe something for Derpy. XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 03-09-2021, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I just (about a week ago) finished crocheting a cactus. Is this the place to talk about that?

And does buying too many dolls count as a hobby?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 03-11-2021, 02:52 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #5189  
Yep this is the perfect place for that
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 03-11-2021, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Okay! So yeah, I crochet (mostly from kits right now, because buying yarn online is a mountain I have not yet gotten the courage to climb), sew, occasionally colour or try origami (though the last kit stumped be due to too small printing on the instruction sheet).

And my last finished projects are a little amigrumi moon cactus with a happy face, and a tiny knot doll of scraps to show someone what I was talking about with a way to make doll hair.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 03-13-2021, 12:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5191  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
That sounds cute, but yeah idk either. ;-; Maybe something for Derpy. XD
I decided on pajamas. Haven't used the candy heart fabric for them yet, but did make a pair with a black fabric with pink, red, and gold hearts on it.
Buuut there's also enough leftover fabric to totally make something for Derpy. Maybe a couple of cute skirts....because that easy.
lol

I keep forgetting to post in here. XP
Haven't done much crafting lately tbh, which is bad because....custom orders.
But I've been uninspired.
Did nail arts kinda though and actually have to finish up some nail art when I get home as I only got 3 fingers finished before work today (though most of it is done as I was making decals, so all I have left is to clear-coat the 3 wip decals that I stamped and painted before work, then stamp and paint 4 more and clear-coating those and then apply them and clean-up). And then if I feel up to it, I might make Derpy a new skirt for an adventure that we're going on tomorrow. Or work on it while the decals are drying...that might be the smarter way to do it.

I dunno... I always have all these big plans, but then I get home and I never follow through on any of it.
Old Posted 04-10-2021, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Pajamasss, bet they'll be super cute
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 04-10-2021, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #5193  
This is my almost finished first pair.
I don't have a good finished pic, but I added a thick waistband in a solid light pink.

My only complaint is that the crotch/inseam isn't quite right and they're a little too big, which is probably mostly because I was making my seam allowance too small.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 04-10-2021, 05:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy McBlueEyes View Post
My only complaint is that the crotch/inseam isn't quite right and they're a little too big, which is probably mostly because I was making my seam allowance too small.
so the good thing here is: you can adjust it, mainly because you made it! i would sew the another inseam, this time a little closer to the actual seam allowance. like if your current seam is at 3/8", make a second seam now at 5/8" and try it on again to see how it fits. if it's the right size, you can either rip out the seam at 3/8" or just leave it. if it's still toooo big, make another seam at 7/8", or if it's kinda big (and still uncomfy), make another one at 6/8" instead.

that's what i like about making your own stuff.

i'm crocheting a shawl pattern test for someone over on Rav. but i have some questions, and no one is answering yet. so i'll have to stop it after the first section if i still don't have answers until i get a reply. hopefully i'll get the information i need soon :)

if not i have another rainbow blanket (for me) that i'm making - i'm in the midst of the green at this point though, even though the pic stops at yellow. cat (Oreo) has staked a claim already.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 04-10-2021, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5195  
*shoots my email for not getting notices for this*

I've been working on a second cactus (silver ball), and braiding a big doll for a lady at the farmers market who wants to buy it for her daughter. I'm to making the pot for the cactus, and the doll's on hold for a little while because the blisters on my hands need to heal.

Kaderin, are they skirts or kilts? How do you tell the difference? Apparently because there are no underpants under a kilt.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-10-2021, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Based on the specifics of what determines a skirt vs a kilt, kilts have very specific structure (pleating, length, etc) whereas skirt is a more all-encompassing term for any tube-like garment worn on the lower half of the body.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 04-10-2021, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5197  
Yeah. I was trying for humour. But like often happens for me, it didn't work. Sorry about that.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-11-2021, 12:36 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Those pajama pants are super cute
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 04-11-2021, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5199  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
so the good thing here is: you can adjust it, mainly because you made it! i would sew the another inseam, this time a little closer to the actual seam allowance. like if your current seam is at 3/8", make a second seam now at 5/8" and try it on again to see how it fits. if it's the right size, you can either rip out the seam at 3/8" or just leave it. if it's still toooo big, make another seam at 7/8", or if it's kinda big (and still uncomfy), make another one at 6/8" instead.

that's what i like about making your own stuff.

i'm crocheting a shawl pattern test for someone over on Rav. but i have some questions, and no one is answering yet. so i'll have to stop it after the first section if i still don't have answers until i get a reply. hopefully i'll get the information i need soon :)

if not i have another rainbow blanket (for me) that i'm making - i'm in the midst of the green at this point though, even though the pic stops at yellow. cat (Oreo) has staked a claim already.
I mean the inseam issue is separate from the sizing issue. The sizing, I just need to take it in a bit at the waist as the pajamas are big enough to slip right off if I don't hold them when walking... >.>

Cute blanket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
Yeah. I was trying for humour. But like often happens for me, it didn't work. Sorry about that.
Yeeahhhh...I see the joke now. Unfortunately humor doesn't alway convey well in text form so I tend to miss jokes unless a "lol" or emoji is included...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBon View Post
Those pajama pants are super cute
Thanks! I'm excited to make a pair with the candy heart fabric now too! Just gotta stop losing my crafting inspiration...
Old Posted 04-14-2021, 02:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I mean the inseam issue is separate from the sizing issue. The sizing, I just need to take it in a bit at the waist as the pajamas are big enough to slip right off if I don't hold them when walking... >.>

Cute blanket!
but still, you know how to fix it :)

and thanks! :D

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 04-14-2021, 02:27 PM Reply With Quote