Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default What do you like to listen to/watch to fall aleep?   #1  
Personally, I can fall asleep to silence, or to most relaxing music, but most of my favorites include;

calming space fantasy ambiance,
a gentle choir,
relaxing ancient Japanese music,
the waterfall music from Undertale,
slow moody blues music,
quiet jazz,
forest/swamp ambience,
ocean waves,
and some calming movie soundtracks from either Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.

Maybe you're like me or my mom and can fall asleep listening to the TV? But for me it depends what's on the TV.
:c I can't fall asleep to a fun movie like The Road to El Dorado, or to an episode of Invader Zim.
But I typically (and oddly enough) tend to put on The Twilight Zone to help me relax. ^-^

Particularly the episodes;
The Changing of the Guard,
Night of the Meek,
A Stop at Willoughby,
A Passage for Trumpet,
The Silence,
Five Characters in Search of an Exit,
and
Nothing in the Dark.

Is there anything anybody else likes to listen to just help go to sleep? Or put on for background noise? Maybe like calming music, ambience or a favorite playlist? :]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-19-2020, 01:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I don't fall asleep easily with silence, so I typically will have a podcast on and set it to a sleep timer. But it needs to be one that doesn't require too much focus. I can't even explain the appeal of the main podcast I listen to because it basically is a radio show that has been around for many years and was one my parents would listen to. I keep trying to find better ones, but most of them seem to focus on history or true crime.
Old Posted 07-19-2020, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #3  
I can honestly fall asleep either way. Most of the time I prefer it to be cool, dark, and silent. However, I can fall asleep with whatever going on in the background. And on occasion in certain moods I can enjoy falling asleep to ambient music or just generally chill stuff like Enya, Celtic, Classical, stuff with flutes or nature sounds. Also the t.v. left on because I was too lazy to turn it off.
Old Posted 08-23-2022, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
It depends how tired I am.

Sometimes nothing, sometimes I like to listen to rain and thunder storms.
Old Posted 09-05-2022, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #5  
I have really bad insomnia, but recently I've realized that if I can get myself into a... sort of... trance state, for lack of better words, with music that I'm familiar with that's also conducive to meditating, I can climb into bed and pass out in less than half an hour. But it's getting to that point that takes an hour or so.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-06-2022, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I usually listen to the Sorcerer Radio app(it's a Disney radio app) before going to bed. :D

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 09-06-2022, 05:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Red face   #7  
Elvis Presley sends me to sleep like no other. His voice and songs are so soothing, especially "Treat Me Nice" "Love Me" "Love Me Tender" and "Any Way You Want Me". I like to fall asleep dreaming that men like that still exist.
Old Posted 01-22-2023, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
my bedroom is next to my parents' room and the walls are thin and they are sensitive sleepers. so i tried sleeping with my airpods but more often than not i ended up losing at least one of them in the morning. now i can no longer find the left one. sigh, i guess jerma will have to wait.
she/her
take me with a grain of salt <3
Old Posted 06-26-2023, 04:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #9  
Lately I've been listening to a lot of ambient fantasy stuff.
"Magical forest at night", "tavern harp" type stuff.
I try to avoid stuff with bird sounds though as it makes the cats think it's morning and they keep me up longer.
Old Posted 06-27-2023, 10:47 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I listen to the Disney radio app(Sorcerer Radio) before bed. XD Though I also listen to the DW:60 podcast when a new one is out. :3

EDIT: I just noticed I already posted to this thread the same response almost, LOL oops.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Last edited by KittyBeary; 07-01-2023 at 05:59 AM.
Old Posted 06-30-2023, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
relaxing stuff, sleep, sleep movie, sleep music, sleep tv