Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default   #1025  
The Twilight Zone kinda gives me the willies. O_O

My dad is a big fan, though!
I am easily spooked, so things especially like creepy or psychological thrillers can affect me much more than I think it would effect other people. :(
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-21-2020, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
psychological thrillers aren't for everyone, Ava. you're fine. :)

my younger daughter has watched Criminal Minds - she likes the show, but it's quite scary as well, and she's also easily spooked.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 09-22-2020, 10:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1027  
True true! Though I'm glad you managed to get through Nightmare at 20,000 feet Ava! :D
:) There are some sweeter episodes of the Twilight Zone that aren't as creepy or psychological, like One for the Angels and The Mighty Casey from Season 1.

:) One's about an old salesman who encounters death, but death is like a businessman, and he tells him his time has come. But the old salesman wants to make a sales pitch to save his life. The other is about a poor baseball team that gets a new pitcher but he's a robot! :D

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-22-2020, 01:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Those sound really interesting :O
I wonder who came up with all of those ideas fr each show!!!
O_O

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-22-2020, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1029  
Mostly, it was this dude who did.

:) Mr. Rod Serling. The Narrator in the show, who in season 1 you only hear him speak, and in the other seasons, he appears in a suit and tie, often with a cigarette, to introduce the episode. <X) He wrote MANY of the episodes. :]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-23-2020, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Woah! :O
He must have a crazy imagination!

Also, he kinda looks like that guy that everyone has been seeing in their dreams.

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-23-2020, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1031  
:D I think he really just enjoyed science fiction and literature as a person, since he read a lot of it, and admired old sci fi writers. And he was a believer in keeping imagination and fantasy alive, so he likely DID have an active imagination!
:o Also he was a veteran of WWII, so some of his written episodes and screenplays were military in nature, touching on PTSD, how war is romanticized and how it actually is, and the importance of mercy over commanding orders.

Huh. Kinda. :/ Not so much the hair maybe, I think it's the eyebrows. <xD They're infamously thick. haha.

Old Posted 09-23-2020, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
:D I think he really just enjoyed science fiction and literature as a person, since he read a lot of it, and admired old sci fi writers. And he was a believer in keeping imagination and fantasy alive, so he likely DID have an active imagination!
I've written a bunch of short stories, LOTS of fan fic, and i still manage to have plots for NaNo since 2011, so i can see where Rod Serling was coming from!

i have an idea of the world my NaNo for this year will take place in.... i just need some characters. and some plots. XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 09-23-2020, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1033  
Writing is so much fun!

Before I had a computer that connected to the internet, I used to come home from school and spend the whole day just writing. <3
I used to love writing Pokemon fan fiction with Team Rocket. I remember there was one fan fiction I was working on and it got into like 200 pages... but the funny thing is, the plot barely moved. It was mostly just lemons and some random ideas I had here and there for the characters and their journeys.

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-24-2020, 02:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
when i write fanfic, i write what the voices tell me. no voices, no fic. as a result, i haven't written any fanfic for many (10) years. it's all still at my fic livejournal - remember LJ? XD

when i write for NaNo, i'm pretty much a pantser - i write by the seat of my pants. sometimes there's a little bit of planning - random notes on stickies here and there. last year and the year before i had a map, too.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 09-24-2020, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1035  
<x) Since I finished with my Prologue project, I just shifted over to writing out my OTP which WOULD be for fanfiction purposes, but it's only for personal purposes. <n< It would be like embarrassing fanfiction since it's sort of self-insert, but it's not from anything anyone would know, just my own brain. <X)

:D I wrote a hilarious fanfic just for funnies! xD It's a crossover between Naruto, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Spyro, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Jurassic Park... <x'D Why??? I have no idea! Just to see if I could I guess.

Old Posted 09-25-2020, 05:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
i've written some interesting crossovers, but i doubt that anyone's heard of First Wave or some of the shows i crossed it with, so there's that. XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 09-25-2020, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1037  
I used to write romantic short fan fics for my friends in high school, since we were all into the Organization XIII craze when Kingdom Hearts 368 1/2 days first came out. <u<; I had to stop writing them because they took away from my classwork, and I really didn't want to be asked to write more, AND I didn't always have a private computer to type them on so I literally just handwrote some of them. >.>; Some of them were kinda steamy...

I got into Roleplays then too, on online forums...but I only ever had 1 or 2 friends to actually RP with...

Old Posted 09-26-2020, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Haha!

Most of my fanfiction was only for my own enjoyment too. I never once posted my Team Rocket fanfics anywhere. I would have been to embarrassed. >u< I also loved writing Inuyasha fan fiction, now, those I did share on Fanfiction.net. That was many years ago, like back in 2006, I think? I also wrote fan fiction for 21 Jumpstreet (The show) and I would never, ever share those stories with anyone!

Roleplaying is so much fun! It's been a while since I've been in any really juicy role-plays, but I hope I can get back into it some day. It's really relaxing for me for the most part.

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-26-2020, 02:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1039  
I'm currently sort of participating in a pirate game on Flight Rising, which is like RP based and it's been fun so far. ^U^ I really miss the back and forth nonsense and fluffy birbs and the sneaky thief boy role. xD

Old Posted 10-08-2020, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Check me out! I can be a little D&D figurine! :D
If I ever played D&D... >->; I don't, because I don't know how...and I don't have any D&D squad...because I'm a weirdo alien...

Old Posted 11-30-2020, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
*picks nose*, first hangout ever, meh?, merskelly metalien, that weird pond