Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default Seeking Roleplay!   #1  
Alright, so I have been off the roleplaying circuit for a couple years really, but I have a little over a decade of experience so while I don't usually write a novel, I do consider myself literate.

I prefer to roleplay original content and characters, but if it is a fandom I know quite a bit about I don't mind taking up the occasional cannon character. (Okay so this is pretty much only J.R.R. Tolkien stuff, but I am willing to do a little research if it is something that really interests me.)

I also have really been wanting to kind of run someone through basically a single player version of a D&D/Pathfinder campaign.

Anyway, my preferred method of roleplay would be here in the forums.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 02:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Aaaa~ A D&D campaign would be awesome. QwQ
I've never played tabletop versions, but I feel like I can definitely grasp it.
I'd be down for single player or group.

Also, any genres you dig in particular?
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3  
It's basically just roleplaying with a few extra rules and some dice rolls thrown in. If there were two to four people interested in playing I might run a campaign for a group.

I enjoy high fantasy, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi... basically anything that isn't high school or college slice of life kind of things. I got enough of that in real life.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Bubbles we should do an RP here so 1 I keep active and 2 we both earn currency for posting *Flails cutely*
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 10:44 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5  
Probably shouldn't continue the one we're doing though. Orus isn't really public friendly. Hmmm to the random plot generator? lol

Old Posted 11-13-2017, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Hells yeah.
Lemme ask around and see if we could get a group started. And sci-fi and post apocalyptic are my faves. I love high fantasy as well though. So this should be fun!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #7  
as long as it's not "Adopting a dog" again XD
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
The Fate system would probably work better than D&D or Pathfinder to be honest, since it is more adaptable than those. Plus, it is all available online for free.

Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #9  
That sounds great! (:
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
A D&D-esque rp? Man, sign me up if you're still taking offers for a group! I've never used the Fate System, but if it's d20, I've got a pretty decent grasp on it. :3
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #11  
Sis, how about "adopting a cat?" -ducks and hides-

Fate Core <- This is where character creation starts. If we get a couple people interested we can decide what sort of setting everyone would like, and I can build a world from there.

Fate isn't a D20 system, but if people would rather do an old fashioned kick in the door style dungeon crawl I will GLADLY run a Dungeon World game.

Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
If it's a Cat boy, I'm all for it :3
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:55 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #13  
Sis, I will PM you so we can hammer the rest of the details out and then start an actual thread.

Old Posted 11-14-2017, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Alrighty roo Bubbles.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #15  
So for those that had mentioned being interested in a tablestop style roleplay, which sounds more fun:

A. Post-Apocalyptic world where people are struggling to rebuild humanity.

B. A good old fashioned high fantasy medieval styled adventure.

C. High Tech futuristic tale spanning across multiple planets.

D. Don't care I'm in regardless.

We can use the Fate system for some of these and the Dungeon World one for the traditional D&D/LOTR styled game.

I am thinking I could do updates to the game once or twice a week, sooner if all the players can post before then. Basically I set up the world around you, you guys do like a regular roleplay and post up your actions (and dice rolls if needed,) conversing amongst each other if you please. Then I update what is happening to everyone and it starts all over again. It makes for a little slower gameplay than a regular tabletop, but I've done it loads of time and it is really fun.

Old Posted 11-14-2017, 07:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
*Flails cutely* Bubbles lets get on dat RP of ours! *pulls you into a private room*
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote