Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #1601  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Oh geez, yes. I have a MacBook. I know EXACTLY what you mean. My shift key is too hard to press, and a bunch of other keys double-trigger a lot.
think my touchpad l-click is dying. but at least for now, q, w, e, r, a, and s are good. -glares at previous laptop-
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-16-2020, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
What happened to your wrist, Coda? :(
It's a sprain or strain of some sort. I'm not 100% sure what I did in specific this time around, but the general pain pattern is familiar enough that I can tell I put too much force on my hand for too long while my wrist was bent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Today's awful
*facepalm* Geez. I know how that goes. I get to dodge a lot of it because I'm a white guy with a neutral American accent, but I'm still from a farm town in Middle-of-Nowhere, Kansas. If I seem like I have a bad habit of spouting off knowledge with minimal provocation, it's because up until 2014 my background wouldn't have given you a whole lot of indication that I'm any more than just a basic entry-level guy that doesn't have the talent to do anything important, and getting people to take me seriously required making a demonstration that I know what I'm talking about.

I... kinda have the opposite problem these days. People see Google on my resume and assume that I'm a Silicon Valley type. Good grief, no, I'm not. >_< I can't stand Silicon Valley culture. It stresses me out. Stop asking me to move back to California! I moved out for a reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
what did you do this time
The irritating part about MacBook keyboards manufactured between 2015 and 2019 is that you don't have to DO anything. The keyswitch mechanism is so ridiculously sensitive that just having the laptop open when there's dust in the air can make keys stop responding correctly.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-17-2020, 12:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1603  
> dad still hasn't gotten rid of the pineapple

also, my period started yesterday. fun times, now i get to deal with bleeding absolutely everywhere. eugh.

unfortunately, there's a two-year waiting list for HRT in the UK.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 01-17-2020, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I was feeling very discouraged yesterday by that interaction.
I emailed my commercial acting coach about it.. As he was the one who referred me to that agency and said that I was a very capable actress..

My coach said not to worry about the "whys" and that it's their loss...

Literally every single audition I've been to lately, I've received callbacks for.. A couple I even made it as far as to the chemistry read and the "avail"s.. And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I do believe I am a capable actress and I know I have the skills it takes to be successful. I just need an agent who can get me into the right doors.

@Voidbarker

Oof. Periods suck!
I've been in need of some new cloth pads myself... My laundry was stolen a while back that had my cloth pads in there. >:T Now I'm using my menstrual cup for periods.. and I mean, it's fine, but I prefer sleeping with a pad on at night.

I hope you treat yourself to whatever you want this week c:
I find that when I treat myself to anything I want while I'm on my period, it makes it a little more bearable. >w<
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 01-17-2020, 05:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1605  
mum's a bit finicky abt me possibly changing my name to percival, but it's what i like. plus it's my eighteenth and i like the name, dangit.

i've got milkshakes, so that's fine.

Old Posted 01-18-2020, 12:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Well, unless it's not taking effect until the start of the museum's fiscal year (which I think is July?), it's probably pretty safe to assume that my request for a raise (what would have been my only one in 4 years) has been denied.
XP
Old Posted 01-18-2020, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1607  
so, sessionbox has completely broken. thanks chrome, ya useless bag o' shit.

remind me to download firefox on my personal laptop.

Old Posted 01-19-2020, 12:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Jammed finger and broke a couple nails today. And very nearly tried to rip off a nail in the whole finger jamming process so my right middle finger is just a lot of dull pain (mostly at my knuckles and only when I actually put pressure on them) right now... So that was fun.
Old Posted 01-20-2020, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1609  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Jammed finger and broke a couple nails today. And very nearly tried to rip off a nail in the whole finger jamming process so my right middle finger is just a lot of dull pain (mostly at my knuckles and only when I actually put pressure on them) right now... So that was fun.
Eeeee! Reading that makes my fingers hurt D:
Are your hands healing any?
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 01-20-2020, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Thankfully nothing was really too badly injured. My nails will need filing down and my middle finger is a bit sore in the "feels like a bruise" sense, but I'll survive.
Old Posted 01-20-2020, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #1611  
Can't pinpoint what's triggering these migraines.
Old Posted 01-20-2020, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Gods why. Why am I so bad at showing any sort of affection? And why do I stop myself from trying it? All I ever do is just sit here and hope to high heavens that they will say something first, something that I can joke about, deflect as I always do.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-21-2020, 03:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1613  
having to switch keyboards on my phone yet again because gboard has suspicious permissions. (camera access, for one. what kind of fucking keyboard needs camera access?)

Old Posted 01-21-2020, 10:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh....dealing with unpleasant gas pain...which was my own fault for drinking the questionable milk, but still...did it have to hit me now, while I'm at work instead of when I get home and can lay down and not have to wear restrictive clothing?
*whines because I am a big baby*
Old Posted 01-21-2020, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1615  
My dad's been hallucinating thanks to the extremely strong pain meds he was given so we're taking him off those for now.

It's been one hell of a day.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 01-21-2020, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
wildly fucked off about how the lgbt+ community has failed trans women.

Old Posted 01-22-2020, 01:02 PM Reply With Quote