Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #305  
*covers you in silly string*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-13-2022, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Derpy waddles back in, rubbing sleepily at his eyes. "Sowwy, I had to go take care of mama while she was sick." He plops down in the middle of the floor, carefully avoiding the silly string. "An Happy New Year!"

((Thankfully not covid, just a mild chest cold. I still sound like garbage, but the worst is over.))
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #307  
Awww. I had some bad congestion this week, caused by an allergic reaction to smoke from another apartment. Thought I had covid and was scared, but it cleared up when I turned the fan on. Much as I fear moving, I'm looking forward now to getting a different place to live.

Tessy the mushroom baby: Hi, Derpy! I'm taking care of my mama right now too! She's feeling groggy from a weird week, and she needs all the help she can get so she can go to work tomorrow and get stuff right!
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-14-2022, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
"Awww, I hope your mama feels better soon!"

Derpy begins bouncing excitedly. "I got new fwiends from Tam today!"

Kaderin's mule dragon!

Quote:
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 01-14-2022, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #309  
Tessie starts jumping too! That little shroom baby is the same shape as me! Only I'm a calico shroom! I'm glad you like it, and Saphire! Did you meet the plastic dragon who likes to hold cellphones, too?

And Tam just squeed inside so loudly that if she'd done it out loud the neighbours might've noticed. XD

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-14-2022, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Unfortunately the phone dragon doesn't hold my phone quite right because I have a pop socket on it (because I'm clumsy and prone to dropping my phone otherwise), which blocks the mouth a bit. But I did discover it glows in the dark and it sits perfectly on my tea thermos, so he's guarding the tea and will probably scare the poop out of me in the middle of the night. XD

The glowy dragon chilling on my bed...
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 01-15-2022 at 03:11 PM.
Old Posted 01-15-2022, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #311  
It's ok, Derpy! :3

(Glad it was just a cold! owo )

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 01-15-2022, 12:35 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
It's ok, Derpy! :3

(Glad it was just a cold! owo )
Derpy waddles over and hugs your ankle. "How are you?"

(Me too. Based on how my voice was this morning, I should hopefully be back to normal by my next work day, Tuesday, which makes it about a week and a half from start to finish, which is about average for me. Though it's been a LOOOONG time since the last time I was sick. As in like....11 or so years since the last actually noticeable cold, though I've been sniffley a few time in the past, it was never anything more than potential allergies in severity.)
Kaderin's mule dragon!

Quote:
Old Posted 01-15-2022, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #313  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Unfortunately the phone dragon doesn't hold my phone quite right because I have a pop socket on it (because I'm clumsy and prone to dropping my phone otherwise), which blocks the mouth a bit. But I did discover it glows in the dark and it sits perfectly on my tea thermos, so he's guarding the tea and will probably scare the poop out of me in the middle of the night. XD

The glowy dragon chilling on my bed...

XD Yup. My pastor, who runs the printing business, forgot my order, and then when he remembered he grabbed the little glow dragon and let me have it for the price of a normal colour dragon. And his eldest daughter painted the forehead design to make the little critter extra special. XD So it's the tea dragon, huh? Cute! The eyes didn't get painted because Pastor Al thought that might REALLY scare the poop out of anyone seeing it glow.

Edit: Oh. And I wanted to show you and derpy THESE little dragons. https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/KBDesig...op-header-name

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 01-16-2022 at 01:35 AM.
Old Posted 01-15-2022, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I will probably paint his eyes (and maybe some little accents if I get really ambitious) eventually. Here he is climbing my pile of planner supplies.

Awww those are pretty neat. And just very pretty.
Old Posted 01-16-2022, 03:03 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #315  
LOL It's good to see him settling in so nicely. Show us when you get him decorated the rest?

I've been following that lady's shop and her little dragons for years. It's cool how she gives species names and histories to them. I also like her flowers and frogs.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-16-2022, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Might paint the eyes tomorrow. I like the glow effect though so I might only do the pupils and the eyelid bits unless I can dig out my glow in the dark paints...then I might get creative with them still not too sure. But will definitely share pics.
Old Posted 01-19-2022, 07:58 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #317  
Looking forward to them! Have you decided on a name? Do you know if it's a girl or boy?

Also, any feedback on the snacks? XD

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-20-2022, 07:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Snack rating time!

1. Chickpeas - A little bland, but I like chickpeas. A light toss with some pepper or other seasonings would be an easy fix for the lack of flavor, especially since chickpeas are generally not super flavorful on their own.
8/10

2. Portobello Jerky - So uh...should maybe have mentioned it, but I have issues with mushrooms. Partly flavor, partly texture, and partly mental. I genuinely tried to eat one of these, but once the dried mushroom started to soften and the mushroomy flavor came through, I just couldn't eat it (nearly made me gag tbh). They smelled good and the garlic and pepper seasoning was a bit strong, but is a good combo.
2/10 (would rate higher if I wasn't a bad adult who hates mushrooms xP)

3. Lavashak - Okay so this is basically pureed and dried fruit and I love it so much! Could eat this all day every day!
10/10

4. Masala Munch - Initial tase seemed a little bland, but after a few bites the flavor really came through and I love the little kick of spicy heat it has as well. Would buy these on a regular basis if they sold them here.
9.5/10

5. Udon Noodles - Haven't tried yet. Need to look up a recipe to use them in. Pretty sure I've seen these (probably from a different brand) at a couple of the stores in town actually.
No Rating Yet

6. Seaweed - I forgot how fishy seaweed can taste. Not a flavor I enjoy, but the packaging suggests using the seaweed for sushi (though the sheets/pieces are a bit small for that imo), which would be a way I could use them. Would use potentially in recipes or add seasoning to help mellow the fishy taste, but not something I'd snack on very often.
4/10

7. Biryani Kit - Haven't tried yet. Can smell the seasonings and sauce through the packaging and it smells fantastic, but I haven't gotten around to cooking it up. Possibly in a day or two though...
No rating yet (though 8/10 on smell)

And no name or gender for the glow dragon yet. It will let me know when it's ready.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 01-20-2022 at 08:37 PM.
Old Posted 01-20-2022, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #319  
LOL I love the flavour of the chickpeas themselves. But then it's just nice to have a snack I can pig out on sometimes without pain.

Whoops. I can't remember if you'd told me your mushroom problem before I'd put that in the box. Sorry about that.

Lavashak is sooo nice. Fruit jerky that's NOT sweetened! Yas.

XD I've noticed that good Indian food usually tastes very mild until at least the second or third bite. Then it boots you one.

Whoops. I'm a bit of a junky for the seaweed, I forgot it might seem strange to others.

The udon might be nice in soup?

XD I'm glad you liked most of them! Sorry for the lack of chocolate, but I just didn't seem to be able to compute well enough to hunt down our Canada exclusive bars.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 01-20-2022, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Chickpeas do make a good snack. I never think to roast them, but I do put them in my chili instead of kidney beans.

I think my dad used to make a fruit leather similar to lavashak when we were kids, but I think it probably had added sugar. But I do like that lavashak just relies on the natural sugars in the fruit for sweetness.

I actually love Indian food. One of my fave restaurants in town serves Indian and East African foods and it's just so good!

I understand the appeal of seaweed and, if I ate fish, I'd probably like it more as the taste would be somewhat more familiar/regular for me. But I can still find uses for it.

Lol. Definitely some sort of udon soup. But need to look up a recipe so I know what groceries to buy.

And no worries! Chocolate can wait for another time.
Old Posted 01-20-2022, 08:48 PM Reply With Quote