Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

nostalgic
Default The Vagrant King   #49  
Username: Doctor Gabriel
Character name: His Majesty Lord [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] Gabriel, The Vagrant King No Matching Royal Bloodline; Appears To Be A Self Given Title In An Inane Bid To Fein Importance
Height: [REDACTED] Estimated Between Five Feet, Ten Inches And Six Feet Tall
Weight: [REDACTED] Estimated Around One Hundred And Fifty Pounds
Appearance: Artist's Rendition From Memory

Noted Inconsistencies:
-Hair Has Grown Significantly In Length (Seems Fond Of Styling It In The Most Nonsensical Manners Possible)
-Facial Hair Has Grown As Well; Appears The Same Golden Yellow As His Hair
-Eyes Are Too Dark; They’re Always Reported To Be An Incandescent Gold (Some Witnesses Report Seeing Them Shine Like Stars In The Dark of Night)
Profession: [REDACTED] Seems To Live By Conning, Stealing, And Smooth Talking Anyone and Everyone Who Has Something He Wants
Skills: Deadliest Weapon Is His Tongue; Yet To Receive A Report In Which He Hadn’t Been Able To Talk His Way Out Of Trouble With All But Our Agents. Agile And Adept At Moving Through Urban Environments. Has Been Able To Dispatch ALmost All Agents Sent In Pursuit That He Couldn’t Convince To Leave Him Alone With A Pair of Distinct Blades He Carries (Though Strangely, Some Accounts Report A Pair of Pistols In Their Place), One Made Of What Is Believed To Be Talc Due To Its Ivory Coloration and The Other Most Likely Onyx. Smarter And Far More Cunning Than He Lets On. Appears To Have An Unnaturally High Tolerance For Pain. And The Ability To Survive Falls That Would Cripple Most Men
Flaws: Easily Distracted By Women And Drink. In The Few Instances Where Agents Were Able To Disarm Him Of One Of His Weapons, He Has Was Reported To Become So Unbalanced He Could Be Mistaken For Drunk, Becomes Violently Enraged When His Hair Is Mocked, Sullied, Or Otherwise Forcibly Disheveled, Arrogant And Vain, Especially In The Presence Of Men He Perceives As More Attractive Than Himself, Has Just About The Most Ridiculous Hero Complex Ever Documented. Repeatedly Risked Harm And Capture When His Escape Put Innocents In Danger, Especially Women And Children. And, While More Of An Oddity Than A Flaw, He Has Been Sighted On Multiple Occasions Talking To His Swords/Pistols.
Bio: INCOMPLETE
Lord Gabriel, as he insists upon being called, appears to talk to just about anyone and everyone who will listen about who he is and where here’s from. Unfortunately, each recounting is inconsistent and utterly nonsensical.
His favorites appear to be:
-That he is the disgraced son of a tortoise and a rattlesnake that was disowned and banished from his homeland when he fell in love with a Jackalope.
-That he was born in bathtub from unholy union of three men he only ever identifies as “The Butcher,” “The Baker,” and “The Candlestick Maker.”
-That he is an ancient warrior, risen from the dead to finally exact his vengeance upon his neighbor for always stealing his mail.
And, by far the most common: that he is the Messiah, sent from the heavens to save the downtrodden and destitute from their vile, arrogant lords.
While most of these seem to be ploys on his part to convince others he is a harmless lunatic, the last may actually be a truthful account of how he views himself.
As it stands, what follows are the only completely accurate facts we have been able to confirm:
-The first recorded sighting of The Vagrant King was a year ago as he headed North from the Burning Wastes.
-Each settlement, village, town, or city he has passed through has had it’s reigning Lords all brutally murdered within a week of his arrival.
-He constantly seems to vanish or completely outfox pursuers each time any begin closing in on him.
-His last known sighting was in Atticus.
Old Posted 11-24-2015, 08:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Alright, it's been long enough, I think it's about time we got started!

What I wanted to know, however, is how you guys think we should start off. Should we establish reasons for our characters to meet or know each other? I feel like it would be easier if everyone knew at least one of the other characters to begin with, that way it's not several posts of everyone playing 'getting to know you'.

Or maybe we should just throw everyone in and see what happens? =P
Old Posted 11-30-2015, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #51  
Monsters rampaging through the city! We all meet up trying to stop it!
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 11-30-2015, 08:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
That might be a good idea, assuming that most of our characters would actually WANT to help. My Ophelia would be more likely to sit back with a bucket of popcorn and just watch everyone scurrying around (considering she has next to no offensive abilities), unless she just became your typical DID. =P
Old Posted 11-30-2015, 08:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #53  
Possible. I could easily see Godia being on the wrong side in a sense (wanting to hunt the monster for the thrill - the challenge) and not really caring about anyone else...so here's an idea: Monster rampage in the slums - maybe a massive bull of gold fur, being investigated by central authorities, so as most folk here are wanted for lack of sanity, they'll need to work together to avoid capture. Those wanting to hunt the beast would sort of be the driving force, I think...

Essentially, after the incident, the higher-ups start over-policing the area, forcing ones like Salone and Cupcake out of the sidelines, while the monster-hunters offer a decent get-away. Mayhaps the pressure eventually leads to stealing an airship. I am rambling.

I don't know - sort of depends on the enemies Cupcake has planned.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 11-30-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old Posted 11-30-2015, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Our main enemy is another player who... ahem... Is taking his sweet time making a profile. T_T

But I think with that we've got a pretty good launching point.

All I have left to do really is complete Ophelia's list of trigger words (I might give out a prize or something if everyone can guess them all, I'm not sure).

But other than that, we could get going if everyone's ready!
Old Posted 11-30-2015, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #55  
Goliath:
Good...I need new paper and ink, and hairless vellum is all the rage.
__

__

Old Posted 11-30-2015, 09:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
The RP is open, and the first post is done!!
Just letting you all know, that was a special long-ass first post. I don't usually write that much for my characters, and I probably never will again.
Old Posted 11-30-2015, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #57  
balls, I still need to figure shit out for this.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-06-2015, 03:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Espyyy! <3
Do it! Join us! Be a part of the madness!
Old Posted 12-07-2015, 01:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #59  
Time is a mandatory requirement, one which I don't meet right now.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-07-2015, 02:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I just realized how typo-mangled my previous post was. Apologies. I was uncannily tired for so early in the day.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 12-07-2015, 04:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #61  
Suze, I highly doubt anyone even noticed. I sure as hell didn't! ^-^
Old Posted 12-11-2015, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
>.>
*looks around*
...aid is requested due to being out of the loop for a week...
*hides*
<.<
__

__

Old Posted 12-15-2015, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #63  
Uhmm, let's think... Law, maybe your character has been snooping on the conversation this whole time, and she can jump in and introduce herself when someone says something of interest? Or she could just stalk them all and step on a branch or something, and then get caught sneaking! xD
Old Posted 12-20-2015, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
The branch thing Godia wouldn't do - that's more Kadia's thing. More likely Godia is thinking how to lower suspicion and get the groups good graces...so that she can nab either Gabriel or his magic swords - for them to pierce hide that her bullets could not is a feat that is near-magic in the least...
__

__

Old Posted 12-21-2015, 09:28 AM Reply With Quote