Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wayward Victorian Doll
Default High-Flying Issues [M]   #1  
Tried to make a cute title... might have failed.;; Not sure if drug use merits a mature rating, but I figured I'd be safe.

The situation is this: I'm druggie (not gonna dance around it, that's just the way it is), and I'm on felony probation until next year. Until then at any time I can be subjected to random drug and alcohol tests. If I fail, I go to jail. I've been jonesing hard, as druggies tend to do, but I've been doing fine until now.

At the beginning of the month, we moved into a duplex next to a really cool hippy couple who are constantly drinking and smoking weed. Now, *I* can't do either, but my boyfriend can. He's been abstaining so far because he knows I'll feel bad/jealous if he does anything without me. These neighbors are now constantly trying to get him to smoke with them, and tonight he finally came to me and told me that he really wants to.

I would definitely be jealous if he did anything, but at the same time he's his own person, capable of making his own choices. I fucked up, and now I have to pay the consequences for it, while he is free to do whatever he wants. I absolutely won't allow him to say that he "can't" do anything because of me, but nonetheless he "won't" because he knows that I'll be upset. I don't even really like weed too much, it's drinking and other drugs that I've tried that I miss the most. I guess I'd just feel bad seeing him do what I know I can't.

So... I don't know. I partially just wanted to get that out, maybe see if anyone else might have a solution.

Oh, yeah, and keep your anti-drug propaganda away from this thread. Cuz I don't really care. =P
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 03:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Hmmm...I think that both you and your boyfriend are doing the right thing for each other, which also kinda sucks for the both of you as well, not that I can sympathize. I hope things turn out for the better, though. We haven't been hanging out together around the forums lately, and I kinda miss you a bit. :P
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 07:49 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #3  
Have you explained to the neighbors about the 'can be randomly tested at any time' bit? I mean, if they're so nice why are they constantly offering what they would KNOW is a terrible temptation that might get get you arrested? I'd go to them first and explain it, just like you did here, and see if maybe they'll respect the fact that you're doing your best to stay clean.

As to your boyfriend, I really commend him for his attitude, even if temptation is getting to him. Let it be his choice and you'll never go wrong, but tell him that you appreciate his thoughtfulness. And keep hanging in there, you're doing great :)
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 09:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Holding Daisies
Tell him what you said in this thread.... that you don't want to keep him from it because of your mistakes, but you'd feel jealous?
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 09:58 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #5  
i'm with fey on that one

and my roomie feels for you, she is getting surgery so no pot for her^^:
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 10:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I think they all have good points here, my dear. I can somewhat understand the want of doing something that you enjoyed a lot, but I know you don't want to go to jail at all. Do what everyone has suggested, I think. Tell them that you're on probation and while you appreciate the offer, you can't risk it because of jail. Also tell your boyfriend that you really appreciate that he's been abstaining for your sake, and while you can't force him to or even want to, it has been really helping to curb the temptation as long as he says no too. As long as that's true of course XD

I really do hope it works out for the best for you -hugs gently-

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 10:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #7  
Fey - they already know what I'm going through, and they don't offer it to me. They do offer it to him all the time though, as he hangs out with them much more than I do.

Funk - I miss you too. ;-; I'll try to talk to you more, 'kay?

I have talked to my boyfriend about everything I've said in here, I'm just seeing if anyone else might have some sage advice that I'm somehow missing. ;; He's a sweetheart and he's had no problems abstaining along with me so far, but I think it's harder for him now that we live next to stoners, and there's a place where he can do it and not get me in trouble. He's talked about doing it while I'm at work and then sobering up by the time I get home, and I might just have to suck it up and live with that solution.
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 01:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I don't think you want to hear my "sage advice" but the best solution would be if neither of you wanted to do it...

It's good that they are not trying to push it on you, but it is a shame that they keep offering to your boyfriend since really...it sounds like he's been a big help in keeping you from breaking your probation. With the temptation right there, as well as an opportunity to do so without you being there...well, I expect him to buckle (sorry!) The solution probably isn't ideal but it might be best with everything else that's been presented. You know, you can always bug me on MSN anytime too if you need a distraction :p

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #9  
Well if they know I'm calling bad form on them for still offering it to him. Most people would know that a significant other's will support each other...so by offering it to him it's not really different than offering it to you. But, that's just my opinion.

Sadly, I don't think there's a lot more advice to be had on that...it's really just a matter of deciding if you can live with him getting to do something you can't.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
I know, I know, drugs are bad. =P

Playing devil's advocate here, I understand why they do it. I dislike drinking or getting high alone, and I'm sure the two of them like to have company while they do it as well. It's just more fun as a social activity.

But yeah... I think I've pretty much got all my answers. It's just gonna suck having to deal with it. >_< Thank you, everyone.
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #11  
I won't do any drugs with you okay :3

. . . I still have a present for you <3 find a good weekend for me to come over!

Old Posted 08-14-2011, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
I know, and it's driving me crazy! xD;

I gots Friday and Saturday off this week!
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote