Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Problem to the Solution
Default   #33  
Emmanuel turned his head towards the flamboyant man, giving him a stare as a single eyebrow attempted to climb his forehead.

"Son, if you're just now realizing you're in Atticus...you're in for a world of trouble."

He's not the only one. He thought. I've been here, what, years? How many years now? It all gets away from you...

"Kid, get out if you can. If you have the money, go. Go far. Atticus is a death where you still get to walk around. If you can't escape now, you never will."
Old Posted 12-10-2015, 01:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
While the spirit man and the cloud of smoke were exchanging words, Ophelia maneuvered herself in front of the scary man, gently using her presence to slow his retreat.

"Sir," she started, carefully affecting her most persuasive tone of voice - which, to anyone but herself, sounded similar to her normal tone of voice, "while I understand that you and your dog companion must be a very important man and dog with very important man and dog matters to attend to, I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble for me to accompany you? I could very well use safe shelter from those who are coming or are quite possibly here already - and perhaps a bath as well - and, quite frankly, I'm not eager to throw my lot in with that talkative cloud of smoke over there."
Old Posted 12-11-2015, 12:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #35  
Laurent glances down the alley, noting no sign of approaching trouble. Mansfield speaks up before he can.

"You hard of hearing, girl? Giblets! If you're lucky! It's a thing of miracles I've survived this long, it is."

"That will be enough, Mansfield." Not ceasing to scan for threats, he addresses the young woman. "I have a fortified bunker in the basement of a derelict tavern nearby. What was once the Blind Crow, before it was abandoned, if you know the place. You would be safe enough, there."

He pauses to stare at her for a moment. "I would first know these foes you fear, I think. I do not lightly invite trouble, though it seems intent on finding me this night, regardless."
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 12-11-2015, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
"I would also be inclined to hear more about these they people," The Vagrant King agreed landing nimbly behind the deranged young woman and adjusting his lapels, "And for the Gods' sake, can we move past the smoke shtick? It's really getting old."

Another cigarette manifested from within King Gabriel's resplendent, golden coat, followed by the scrape and fizz of a match being lit, then tossed into the viscera and entrails below when its purpose had been served.

"But more importantly," The Good King's inhumanly yellow eyes darted about the scene, trying to catch even a glimpse of... whatever it was he was supposed to be trying to catch a glimpse of, "Are these forces, hitherto unnamed, so terrifying that I should join you lot in some dilapidated basement, rather than find myself a nice inn or boarding house? Because unless these people are the stuff of nightmares, I'd much prefer to retire somewhere with warm beds, ample supplies of liquor, and quick and easy access to an assortment of whores."

A look of utter terror shot across His Majesty's dashing visage as a thought occurred to him.

"You do have whores in Atticus, don't you?"
Last edited by Doctor Gabriel; 12-11-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Old Posted 12-11-2015, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #37  
Ignoring the talkative smoke man (honestly, it talked so much more than it should have), Ophelia answered the scary man's question, "The Orphans are sure to be nearby, however I can almost assure you that they would not follow us. We have quite a rapport, them and I. I would even go so far as to say we're becoming fast friends." The girl laughed reminiscently, then abruptly stopped and cleared her throat. "They would still kill us, though."
Old Posted 12-20-2015, 09:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
"That is highly debatable. Even Mansfield could account for one Orphan, if he put his mind to it. And between myself and the massacre-artist over there, a dozen more at least."

"Hey! When's the last time I volunteered you for a bloody bloodbath? ...come to think of it, that's probably not an equitable comparison, but even still! I think we should heed the young lady's advice, and that's exactly what I plan to do, thank you very much."

"I was saying, our capacity for wanton slaughter notwithstanding, it may be prudent to withdraw nonetheless. The presence of this creature could well draw attention from powers I'd as soon as not cross. My offer stands."
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 12-21-2015, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
Default   #39  
"For the love of... GAH!"

His majesty bent over and scratched his head furiously with both hands as if an army of lice had launched a surprise attack on his scalp.

"This conversation is going nowhere!"

He strode past the girl he was beginning to debate carving his name into, lest she ignore it any further and stood with the strange man and his talking dog.

"I have no idea what's so scary about orphans, but I'm tired of standing slackjaw in a pile a gore," King Gabriel jabbed a thumb at his new compatriate, "So as unbefitting it may be for a man of my standing, I'm going with this lot to the creepy basement. You all can do whatever the hell you want. I wash my hands of this nonsense."
Old Posted 12-21-2015, 02:48 PM Reply With Quote