Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #17  
That's awesome, Awen!
I wish I could make chocolates. I've tried making them from scratch, but they usually end up a chunky, inedible mess.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 07:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post
Whaaaat? Bailey's is the BEST. Or Carolans! They make coffee like ten times better! A mason jar full of hot chocolate mix would be the cheapiest of cheap gifts. xD
The Irish Cream fans in my family (myself not among them) had a taste test and I believe they settled on McFeeny's, or something like that.

I was going cheap on year and my older sister thought my gift was awesome, which was a cheap, keepsake box filled with Jelly Bellys and a tiny bottle of Baily's.

We're all broke this year too, so we flat out decided not to exchange gifts except for people under 19. Of course, we still do stockings and little things. I found the dollar store to actually be a good place, even though it screams of "cheap." I was able to get little 300-500 piece puzzles for the several puzzle fans for my family for $1 TO $1.25 a piece.
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 12:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #19  
Thanks Cupcake <3 I've not tried making my own chocolates before, but I have molds and an idea of what I want to do have been researching in preparation, so hopefully it will all go well. Every year I try to do something different. I've made truffles before, raspberry liquor, cookies, bracelets, mobile phone covers and some other things I can't remember off the top of my head ^_^;;

I'm currently making an early christmas present for my partner, a green scarf that has reflective strips woven into the yarn with a black fleece lining so he can stay safe and warm when leaving work in the evenings ^_^

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
These are all really cool ideas. Maybe I should start a list in the first post so we can keep track of them.

My roommate told me about a local upscale chocolate store that has a distribution center near where I live, and apparently in their gift shop they put all of the messed up chocolate pieces that they can't sell as full bars into bins and sell them for about $5 a pound. I'm thinking about getting myself a couple pounds of fancy-schmancy chocolate and then splitting them up and putting them into cute containers to give to people.

I might steal Quiet's idea and stick something else in, like tiny booze bottles for the adults and, I don't know... keychains for the teens? xD
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote