Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #113  
heh very cool! i blame Michael's for me learning to crochet XD

(also, i'm Ravenclaw)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-13-2019, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
YeaaaaaaaaRavenclaws unite! >w-
*raises hand as if in a class lecture because I am a dork and am also Ravenclaw!~*

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #115  
woot!

(and it's okay, i'd raise my hand too) ;)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed

Ra-Ven-Claw
Ra-Ven-Claw!
XD RA-VEN-CLAW!
I had to. <w<;

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #117  
heheh, awesome! =)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 01:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
-u- *shrug* gotta represent coolest Hogwarts house yo. <3 Okay, also might be the most collectively hidey-hermit, "I'm reading, shhhh!" kind of house, <x] but hehe hey! We have a common room with the best view ever anywhere in the castle. -U- Coolest.~+

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #119  
I think I was Hufflepuff in the last quiz to took.

I don't know of Borders, but I'm guessing USA? I recall Circuit City in a TV commercial sense but I don't think I ever went to one.

I remember some old bookstores that were in the city, Bollum's and Duthie's, and before Coles (and everything else) became Chapters, which became Indigo, which is now IndigoSpirit.

I bought a copy of The Prince and the Dressmaker since I like it so much, and picked up Best Pirate, since it has dog pirates and my dog fancier self appreciates the attention to breed traits and doggy anatomy. ;). It's also cute. The main character Augusta is an English Springer Spaniel.

I have also put off the Trouts and switched to Confessions of an Imaginary Friend.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 02-14-2019 at 06:17 AM.
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 06:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
ooh, agree with that, Merskelly!

lately, i've been getting Hufflepuff when i take a sorting hat test. my older daughter is Hufflepuff. we also gave a sorting hat test to hubby, who knows a few things about Harry Potter, and he sorted into Gryffindor. younger daughter has tweaked it so it puts her in Ravenclaw, so that makes her Slytherin in my opinion. so i need to be Ravenclaw, that way we have one of each House in my home. XD

yeah, Borders was in the US, it was a big bookstore, associated with Brentano's and Waldenbooks as well. now the only brick-and-mortar stores that i'm aware of in my area in Barnes & Noble. i think there's a Books-a-Million at one of the train stations in philly though....

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 11:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #121  
:D My bro is a Huffleypuffley! And a proud one too. xD We have one of each in our family too. My mum tho is leaning between Slytherin and Gryffindor while my dad and I are undeniably Slytherin and Ravenclaw. <x] My bro kept getting all four houses, so he just decided on the one house no one was just to even it all out. x'D haha!
But he is a soft and precious boy with friends, family, food and fortune so, his house is perfect for him. <x3

Dad and mum only know what they've seen in the Harry Potter movies, with my dad kind of liking the Death Eater scene. ^~^; Aaand my mum just wants "the good guys" to win. x] Meanwhile I'm in the corner huddled up and looking up elements in my Dream book from that weird dream I had the other night to determine it's meaning...with a *cough* crow feather as a bookmark. >u>; <3

Aaaah I forgot about Blockbuster and Hollywood Video. Mustn't forget those. :[ Feel like, no kid knows what it means anymore to browse a single store with shelves and shelves of video cassettes and dvds and pick up some movie snacks while choosing a few to rent..and watching the latest trailers for upcoming movies on screens around the corners of the store. :D
Ah-but I got off track. o-o;
Right!
Fruits Basket! <x'} Ooops. I totally forgot to start reading. THIS IS A READING CHALLENGE is it not?? Shame on me, hehe.

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 04:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
oh yeah, Blockbuster. =)

also, i have Harry Potter on my reread list! =)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #123  
Almost every time I've taken a sorting quiz I've been Ravenclaw. Only once did it give me a different result. Slytherin
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Just got through with reading the first omnibus collection volume of Fruits Basket. It was..nnnot what I was really expecting. o-o ! But in a good way! Sorta,..
I remember my friends in high school reading and watching it and everything but I never got into it since I had studies and other stuff I was interested in. >->; I was really sunny and naïve back then, and the main character kind of reminded me of how I was, but without the hardships she went through and everything...I didn't go through my hardships until well in the middle of junior year, when my friends weren't there to see me everyday anymore, and the only support I got were from books and from myself, even though I was feeding delusions.
So I'm glad I read it. <:] I was honestly expecting more cliched comical/romance tropes than anything else, so it was a surprise to see there's more drama and in-depth character involved beneath the surface. I'll continue with the second volume tomorrow likely...if there isn't too much to do. >.>;
Hooooouhh, so much to doooo..

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #125  
I just finished reading my first novel of the year. It is Tracing the Shadow by Sara Ash. The novel was a very good fantasy novel with lots of world building and character motivation.
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I think I'm majority Hufflepuff but I do seem to swap houses depending on my mood. Often I find myself split between two answers for a quiz question or two, and I've redone quizzes with both answers. I think I was either Ravenclaw or Griffindor depending on which way I went on which question. Too much in my head, maybe, or I'm not decisive enough.

I keep swapping books. Right now I'm in the middle of 5 books. Anyone else find that if they buy a really good book rather than get it from the library, they suddenly stop (or slow down) reading pace?
Old Posted 02-15-2019, 05:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #127  
i read at a slow pace lately because i'm also working on a crochet project or two at the same time =)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-15-2019, 05:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I can take a long time to finish a book because I read almost exclusively on break at work. That means I read only a few pages a day.
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 02-15-2019, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote