Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default Max Image Size (in signatures)   #1  
Anything bigger than 300 wide gets resized, but the space in the signature is big enough for 500 wide with out it stretching the page at all.

So i'm curious on why 300? oxo

As you can see I use anime planet, i make my own BG images for my AP signatures. those signatures shows off what you're currently watching (or how much you've watched/dropped) It's size is 500x130 Its long enough to fit snuggly into the signature space with out going outside the area or stretching the page.

I've always wanted to have my AP signature.. well.. in my signature, it's been so long since I tried it, that I've forgotten why I never had it there in the first place. Trying again just now, just reminded me why I couldn't have it there. Since lots of things have changed since the start of Trisphee, maybe the max width if the signature images could to? >w>,

I mean, people can put 2 300x300 images side by side and have no problem, so why not allow 1 500x130?

my request, raise the signature size? ^^,

Some images look ok resized, but others don't because the words in them can't be read. oxo

^ how it should look (as you can see, our forum posting space is the same width as our signatures, there really shouldn't be a need to resize that in the signature to something you can barely see)

v how it looks now in siggy (ish tiniez)

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 10-02-2017, 09:22 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I can read most of the words, but some I can't. XD

But smaller siggies take less time to load(and some people might not have super fast computers. ;_; )

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-15-2017, 10:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
That's actually the long and short of it. The image resizing is a safety check, but we discourage using large images in the first place because they slow down the page on slower connections.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-16-2017, 08:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
what makes things lag more. the size of an image (widthxlength) or the actual file size.. 21kbs vs 200kbs

Gifs tend to cause more lag for me than big pictures. But that may be just me.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 10-16-2017, 01:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
The image's unscaled size and the image's file size both have an impact. The file size influences how long it takes to download, and the unscaled size (not the rendered size) determines how much RAM it takes to display it.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-16-2017, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote