Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

petite fantaisiste
Default   #17  
What's an eyedropper pen?

I'm probably exaggerating when I say "two days." But they definitely ran out quick enough for me to dislike having to change pens. One problem is, whenever I get a pen with pretty ink, I like to scribble with it a lot and it makes it run out faster xD.

Old Posted 05-24-2017, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
I have two old fountain pens from the 60's which I got somehow, I need to find them because now I have a renewed interest in them. I also love cursive, I am a very good cursive writer, I journal a lot (daily) so I get to practice all the time.
Old Posted 05-24-2017, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #19  
An eyedropper pen is where you use the whole body of the pen instead of using a cartridge or converter.

The Goulet Pen Company: How to Eyedropper Convert a Platinum Preppy

Going to the website, the Pilot Varsity is said to be an eye dropper, so... unscrew the body and what not, and then fill the body with ink... also, I believe eyedropper pens can use any fountain pen ink... I could be wrong, but I'm positive you can use any fountain pen ink.

FP101: Fountain Pens for Students

After watching a couple of videos, I decided I would rather not refill a pilot varsity... I'd end up breaking it.

How to Turn Pilot Varsity into Eyedropper Fountain Pens

EDIT: I heard there are counterfeit pens on the market, maybe you bought some of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Last edited by Boris; 05-25-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old Posted 05-24-2017, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
I have two old fountain pens from the 60's which I got somehow, I need to find them because now I have a renewed interest in them. I also love cursive, I am a very good cursive writer, I journal a lot (daily) so I get to practice all the time.
Oh! Oh! What fountain pens do you own? I used to always write in a journal, but not so much... my cursive could use some work, but it's still readable. I wish I had a pen pal like you.
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 05-24-2017, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Quietman Cometh, that would prove to be a problem for me, for I like to write in cursive... but you knew that... still, if you're not interested in keeping it, why not try selling it? Oh, I forgot it was only $3.00.. still, maybe you can give it to someone else you know who likes those kinds of pens... not me... but someone you actually know.
All pens I own eventually find a use somewhere. The pen works just fine, so long as I make a point of using paper with wider lines to my writing isn't so small. I'm the type who's handwriting will change size according to the lines (or lack of lines) on my paper or the fine-ness of my pen nib.
Old Posted 05-25-2017, 12:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
All pens I own eventually find a use somewhere. The pen works just fine, so long as I make a point of using paper with wider lines to my writing isn't so small. I'm the type who's handwriting will change size according to the lines (or lack of lines) on my paper or the fine-ness of my pen nib.
Oh, I see. Well, hey, at least it wasn't a waste of money, was it
Quote:
Old Posted 05-25-2017, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #23  
*clicks a link*
For some reason, I find ink-filled bodies super cute xD. Is the value of having an eyedropper for more ink?

It's possible I got some fake pens. I wouldn't know a fake from a real, but that's definitely possible!

Old Posted 05-25-2017, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
People do enjoy eyedropper fountain pens because they can use more ink than they would a cartridge or converter. You can also use different inks (not at the same time) whereas cartridges can be propetriary... meaning you have to use cartridges made for that specific pen... converters too, but cartridges have ink already and but with converters, you can use any ink for fountain pens like eyedroppers. You don't get as such ink as piston pens, though.

Filling mechanisms

I don't know how to determine what pen is fake either... do you know where you purchased your pen from?
Quote:
Old Posted 05-25-2017, 03:55 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #25  
It was from amazon

Oh wow, I've never thought about the fact that pens could be filled with different inks!

Old Posted 05-26-2017, 12:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Huh... interesting.

Only if you're not using cartridges... if they only use cartridges, then you'll have to use cartridges for them... I'm repeating something you already know. Sorry about that. Still, it's cool.
Quote:
Old Posted 05-26-2017, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #27  
What inks/pens do you like?

Old Posted 05-26-2017, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Currently, I like the way the Lamy Safari looks, but I have yet to use it or any of the ink.
Quote:
Old Posted 05-26-2017, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Oh, I see. Well, hey, at least it wasn't a waste of money, was it
It's a pen. It will get used. I'm not really fussing over the expenditure.
Old Posted 05-26-2017, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Sometimes pens don't get used if they aren't liked.
Quote:
Old Posted 05-29-2017, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #31  
Call me names if you want but my personal favorite pen is a Pilot microball. ;)
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-30-2017, 07:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
When I get the chance, I'ma write something and then upload it to show what my cursive looks like. Coda, do you have a pilot microball?
Quote:
Old Posted 05-30-2017, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
cartridges, convertor, fancy, fountain pens, writing