Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Moderation Admin
Default Suggestions & Feedback   #1  
This thread is intended to be the general suggestions and feedback thread for Trisphee. At times, smaller, more specific threads may appear for different features, but this thread will be the main source for suggestions and feedback.

With that being said, please keep in mind that all suggestions and feedback must be constructive. We do read and discuss user suggestions and feedback, and the more constructive it is, the more likely it is to be utilized in the future.
Old Posted 10-10-2015, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Reserved for future use.
Old Posted 10-10-2015, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #3  
A scroll to top option would be nice.

Not sure if you guys use phpBB3, but maybe can use it as an example to implement it on these forums.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/e...n/scrolltotop/
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 10-19-2015, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
This forum uses vBulletin, which is unrelated to phpBB.

that said, I know how to do that, and yeah, is a good idea. (I thought it was a button that was always there for vb, clearly not.) I'll whip something up.
Old Posted 10-20-2015, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #5  
There's a link waaay at the bottom of the page now that jumps you back to the top. It may be too far down to be useful. I'll put on my list of things to do: Add a nice "to top" button.
Old Posted 10-21-2015, 03:27 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Took me a minute to find it, lol - for anyone who is blind like me, it's outside the forum frame, with the fine print where the copyright notice and social media info lives.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 10-22-2015, 02:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #7  
It's better than nothing!
And I couldn't find it until I read Lucid's description on how to find it. XD

When I saw that it was there, I was looking for a "Back To Top" that would just show up on the bottom right side of the screen when I scrolled down so far and would follow me.

But as I've said, it's better than nothin! ^-^
My DeviantART
Old Posted 10-22-2015, 01:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Ah. Hmm, I'm not a big fan of floating always-there buttons on web pages. Small screens get smaller.

I could probably have something that stays along the outer border of the actual content, though. Yeah, I like that..But still, it takes more work than the 15 seconds it took to add that tiny link at the bottom, so that'll have to wait for now.
Old Posted 10-22-2015, 02:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #9  
Ok, hrm... How about a "Back To Top" link on the posts themselves? Or between the posts? Or perhaps below the "PM" and "Trade" buttons?

Also no problem. :P
I'm not looking for something immediately effective. Like I said, it's better than nothing! Just looking for ways of improvement is all.
My DeviantART
Last edited by Obsidian; 10-22-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old Posted 10-22-2015, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
There's a lot of different ways it could be done. I'll figure it out. But this is a few items down my list of priorities.

The others, well, you'll see them when they appear.
Old Posted 10-22-2015, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
I don't know what everyone else is looking for in a back to top button, but I would be happy with it either directly above or directly below the quick reply box. 'course, it would be ideal to redesign that whole footer area eventually.

Old Posted 10-22-2015, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
I don't know what everyone else is looking for in a back to top button, but I would be happy with it either directly above or directly below the quick reply box. 'course, it would be ideal to redesign that whole footer area eventually.
I'm happy with one even being there. ^-^
Hopefully something would come up! I don't have experience with vBulletin. I'm a (horrible) novice at phpBB3 and my extension for our Back To Top button is a follow-button on the bottom right and it doesn't cause our forums to tighten or grow smaller. Even when I take my screen off maximize, the button hovers over the forums themselves. But again, I'm not sure how vBulletin is. ^-^;

I best shush before I get off topic. XD

If I think of any other suggestions, I'll be sure to post 'em!
My DeviantART
Old Posted 10-22-2015, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #13  
We had a hovering button in the bottom right corner during an event once; it led to the event game. It was fine, but I didn't really like how it covered part of the threads unless I had my window totally maxorized. And that's not to mention using my phone. Floating buttons aren't my favorite, but I'm just one opinion. Whatever gets added will be whatever works best for most people. c:

Old Posted 10-22-2015, 08:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Perhaps make the shop images (http://trisphee.com/forums/shop.php) a little larger and possibly the shop title on those images a different color.

My eyes are messed up, so it takes me awhile to remember which one is which and I have to squint to read them. But that's just me... Thought I'd make a suggestion on the visually-impaired side. ^-^;

I usually go by memory on which shop image is which. X]
My DeviantART
Old Posted 10-25-2015, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #15  
As it happens, I'm working on some updates to shop appearances right now. Shiny new buttons are in the plan.
Old Posted 10-25-2015, 10:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Also, I noticed today that a lot of links are hard when on phones. The anka achievements are often in the way too, maybe a way to opt to turn off those notifications. That could also work with the to top button because people that dont like it in the way could choose to hide it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 10-25-2015, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote