Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3761  
I wish I could get more piercings in my ear. But it's not a good idea because of potential for new keloids and having pre-existing ones from past piercings.
Old Posted 01-03-2021, 03:01 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Sad
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 01-03-2021, 04:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3763  
XP
I hate when people recognize you as an employee and try to ask questions when you're not even on the clock.
Like today, I had literally just walked into work and was trying to get back to the break room when I nearly ran into someone. As I veered around and down the next aisle, they asked if I could check a price when I had a second.
Now keep in mind...I had literally just arrived at work. I was wearing jeans, a black t-shirt, and a jacket. Not the lime green apron that would indicate I was an on-the-clock employee. Had the person not been a regular, I would have looked like just an ordinary shopper to them.
UGH.
Like, if a person isn't wearing a uniform, leave them alone and ask someone who is. XP

I probably came off as a bit rude, so if they're still in the store when I clock in, I'll probably apologize, but it's just frustrating to be asked work questions (mainly like "can you check x price" type stuff, idc too much about pointing people in the right direction or answering yarn/fabric questions usually).
Old Posted 01-04-2021, 03:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
i get that!

my favorite - so up at the register i have my water bottle and a little desk fan. most of the time i also wear my work t-shirt instead of the vest that i have to go over a regular t-shirt, so i already have the target on me. but i leave the register and head back to the break room to clock out, carrying my fan and water bottle, and yep - i get stopped and asked questions as to where things are, price checks... so i need to juggle all that to get my rf scanner or whatever.

i have to fight the urge to look at my stuff in my arms and say "uhm... no." XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2021, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3765  
I rarely notice if anyone has a uniform or am not all that familiar with any particular store's uniforms. But then rarely ask for help, anyway.

I think since I don't carry a purse, people tend to think I work at whatever place it is and ask for help.
Old Posted 01-04-2021, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
I think since I don't carry a purse, people tend to think I work at whatever place it is and ask for help.
yeah, i don't have my bag when i'm up on the register. but to stop me and ask a question when i have an armload of stuff?

one time a customer asked me to get her something off of a peg that was higher up than my head. i was also carrying a jacket in addition to everything else. after looking at all the stuff in my arms (to know avail), i had to find a spot on the floor to put down my jacket, water bottle, and fan.... and then essentially climb up on the bottom shelf to get the garland off a peg for the customer. honestly, i don't even remember if the person said thanks or not. *sigh*

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2021, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3767  
They obviously expected you to use the bottle to boost you higher up and the jacket to pad your landing if it tipped over.
Old Posted 01-04-2021, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
that made me literally LOL, bio! XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2021, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3769  
xD
I get asked to scan something for customers too, but it's always on the clock, and I never have an RF gun on me. So I just tell them I don't have my gun on me, but they're more than welcome to use the ~HANDY PRICE SCANNER~ behind them to check the price. >8}
Usually it works and they do.

Though I haven't gotten stopped and recognized after I'm off and I'm wandering the store, because I have a lunch bag that looks really purse-like when I hold it. B] And I never look anyone in the eye until I'm leaving. <X} If someone does ask about something and I'm off my shift, I usually am nice enough to point them in the right direction. But if they need to know something I know nothing about, I just say to ask someone in the red vests. I'm off work. I'm through with you illiterate weirdos for the day. x'D Honestly, is it just me? It's not that difficult to read signs and labels right???

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 01-04-2021, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
....I just say to ask someone in the red vests. I'm off work. I'm through with you illiterate weirdos for the day. x'D Honestly, is it just me? It's not that difficult to read signs and labels right???
actually, it IS that difficult, doncha know? XD

argh.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2021, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3771  
<x'D We should just take all the signs down and replace them with ridiculous signs as a prank for a day. No one looks at them anyway. x'D
Like, Fine Arts is Vine Farts, and Kids will be Goats, and HOT DEALS will now be COLD ROBBERY. >x'D

Actual shout: I have a session in an hour and 30. =u=; I'm all weary today, I have no idea what I'll even talk about. *yawn*
/B{ Kinda want to nap.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 01-05-2021, 06:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Got to have Menengiç coffee today. Even though it's not really a coffee. Quite pleasant, though. Kind of want to have the paste that's used to see if it can work in other things. Seems hard to find.
Old Posted 01-05-2021, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #3773  
Today is not a good day
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 01-06-2021, 07:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I want to burn Facebook who's with me?? >:V

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 01-07-2021, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3775  
.U.; Thanks to 2020 I might be totally desensitized to any future catastrophes and disastrously awful events. Apparently there was also reports of 2 tornadoes touching down somewhere in california so, that's kinda neat...
;-; </3 Also, at the same time I am so done with disaster and mayhem and human nonsense.

Old Posted 01-08-2021, 04:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I'm sick to death of autocorrect NEVER correcting my typos properly...

A beloved member of a discord server I am on passed away and I tried to say something along the lines of, "She'll be forever in our hearts" and autocrectt changed hearts to "heaters". FUCKING. THE WORST THING IT COULD HAVE CHANGED IT TO.

I'm so fucking upset. It ruined the moment for me and probably for others who were feeling sentimental and were trying to remember this person who passed away.... and then autocorrect went and had to be an asshole and make it look like I said "HEATERS". NO, AUTOCORRECT.

I'm so sick of it. But unfortunately, without autocorrect, people probably wouldn't be able to read half the things I try to post.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 01-08-2021, 06:30 PM Reply With Quote