Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

*twitch*
Default   #161  
I think it's the coloring, mystery, and the way they randomly fly around you and make that screeching sound that makes me fear them every time, hahaha. But I also had an experience when I was little were the house next door had bats flying from their roof every day so that could be it too, hahahaha.
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 12:33 PM  
Writer
That might explain it, yeah. I've seen wild bats a few times, but they usually were too scared to come close, so no flying around me.
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 07:47 PM  
*twitch*
Default   #163  
Our most recent ex neighbors had them too actually so I heard screeching nightly when I was doing my walks. Always made me go back in the house as I didn't want to get bitten, hahahaha.
Old Posted 11-06-2018, 12:22 AM  
A*DIC*TED
I had one land on my head once on a cave tour. Poor little guy was terrified.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-06-2018, 12:27 AM  
*twitch*
Default   #165  
Awwwwww, it's so adorable that it thought to trust you!!! Must be some humanity/moral in them after all. Also, a cave tour sounds AMAZING, I'd absolutely adore to go on one, it'd be like traveling for sure!!!
Old Posted 11-06-2018, 12:32 AM  
Wanderer
Twice out of the few times I’ve been to the local Walmart, I’ve seen a bat in there. In daytime hours.

The first time, it was just flying up and down the frozen foods aisles. Poor guy. I thought it was a bird at first.

...lots of screaming from other customers, though. Reduced a kid to tears. I kind of just stared it down as it barreled towards me and asked if it wanted to calm down :|

I don’t often see bats... I think the previous time had been over a decade and a half ago.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-06-2018, 03:56 AM  
Jellosexual
Default   #167  
walmart local vampire den confirmed
Old Posted 11-06-2018, 03:01 PM  
*twitch*
I can definitely imagine a bat in any store would freak most people out, it sounded incredibly scary to me plainly by reading it. Those things are just... fast and loud and really... off, hahahaha.
Old Posted 11-07-2018, 04:23 AM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #169  
As scary as it was for the people, imagine being that poor bat. It was incredibly loud and bright in there for that little creature with everyone screaming and probably flailing at it.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-08-2018, 12:12 AM  
Wanderer
...wait what? How are the bats loud? Also, bats are like... fast clumsy sky dogs.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-08-2018, 08:07 AM  
*twitch*
Default   #171  
Why, the screeching of course. To me, I'd consider them hellhounds if I called them anything even remotely close to a dog... They're definitely really fast though.
Old Posted 11-08-2018, 08:31 AM  
Writer
Hellhounds are great dogs.

We had a small bat colony a few houses further down in our street, near the river. But nowadays with all the construction work that has been going on for months they have been chased away by all the noise.
Old Posted 11-08-2018, 11:14 AM  
*twitch*
Default   #173  
I'm sure hellhounds are very obedient to their masters, hahahaha. At least they're super determined and interesting, even if they have a evil origin... As long as the bats are safe and no construction workers ever got bit, all is good.
Old Posted 11-08-2018, 08:54 PM  
Writer
Yep, the bats are safe.
(the construction workers too, but animal safety first ^^)
Old Posted 11-09-2018, 10:53 AM  
*twitch*
Default   #175  
I mean, when you invade an animal's home which is far too common these days (and extremely unlawful and uneeded...), the animals should totally have their own say in things!!
Old Posted 11-10-2018, 02:59 AM  
Writer
It was probably more of a "We're coming, so get the fuck out" scenario. At least I don't think they were offered furnished homes in exchange.
Old Posted 11-10-2018, 07:49 AM