Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Resident ghost caracal
Default   #305  
December 17th, Chicago. Sewers #17.
Leila was on her way back, when she felt movement. The direction was forward, so it was likely Amante. The girl shed most of the shadows, not particularly interested in hiding from him. When she came in his sight, Leila floated upwards, sitting down on one of the pipes, purple eyes glinting for a second. She stayed there still, looking down at the man, in silence. She did not have a threatening posture or expression, but normal person would still shiver and get away from the scene as quickly as possible.

Leila seemed to search for something on him, in him. Her gaze was persistent, but not too tight.
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 07-07-2012, 09:22 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Her ways did not bother him and it was evident. With his tongue stroking the inside of the bottle in an attempt to get more water, he glanced up at her and crushed the plastic into a ball. Tossing it aside, he cleared his throat and motioned up at her, "Looking at me isn't going to get any kind of answer- what do you want?" He knew that look- the kind that thought it could tear into your soul and find what the bearer needed, though they never did.
Old Posted 07-07-2012, 10:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #307  
She remained silent for a while longer, then shrugged nonchalantly.
"I don't need anything from you."
It was the truth - although Amante made her curious, the unanswered questions would not haunt her life. She could kill him right now, if needed to be, and he would be forgotten in a week's time.

In fact, after all the bitterness and heart ache Amante had caused her, killing him seemed like a nice option. Leila had pondered if in all the chaos that would ensue soon she would get the chance to finish him off, once and for all. She guessed she managed to always piss him off, but he did it just as perfectly for her - right from the beginning.

"I am just pondering if you are either partially fake, or somewhat complicated person." Her words were blunt, voice emotionless. But it was not meant as particular insult. Everyone was a little fake these days, trying to appear more brave, more social, more sweet or fearsome... Whatever they lacked in reality and thought they needed.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 07-07-2012, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
His brow perked up, "Fake?" He had never felt more so insulted in his entire life. "I don't know what you're on about and I'm not sure I want to know, but I assure you, I am anything but fake." Amante started to rub at his head, shoulders lowering. But the man perked up as he pointed at her, "And I can get you signed references on that issue, if you'd like." He couldn't help but grin, even a little, as he was partially joking.

Water droplets hit the floor up the tunnel, making a soft sound that echoed down to them. His head hurt, quite a bit, and the water drops weren't helping very much.
Old Posted 07-08-2012, 06:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #309  
Leila smirked faintly, seeing that he felt rather insulted at her simple comment. So, Amante was sober enough to actually catch what she was saying. Not bad. He recovered fast, it seems. It wouldn't be surprise if Amante got drunk on regular base - his were body most likely received no permanent harm. Too bad it didn't, maybe then he would avoid this pointless thing.

"Indeed not a fake, eh? Then it's even stranger that you follow such a noble cause, act so confident, yet when your friends worry for you, you pick a stranger over them, to get wasted for and curl in dirty corner, like a homeless dog. No purpose, no self-worth."

Shadows shivered around her, as if wanting to do or say something, but she did not react to it. Leila's attention was now onto the man, for a brief moment at least.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 07-08-2012, 07:32 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
He grunted, "You don't know what you're talking about- so keep your clouded judgements to yourself." Amante looked over at her, features stern as he stood up, "You'll only make yourself look like an idiot." He wasn't angry, not like she usually made him when she made remarks about other people, but it was more like he was giving advice.

Dusting himself off, he motioned to the end of the tunnel away from the dripping sounds. "I'm heading back. Are you done with your recon?" He didn't exactly like her, for her personality anyway, but he wasn't going to leave her alone in the dark... unless, of course, she wanted that.
Old Posted 07-08-2012, 07:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #311  
"It's you who assumes I am judging. I am just observing and trying to understand." Her voice was calm, for it was the truth. She was beyond judging him - Amante was already in the category of fools, for her. Only the reason and level of foolishness was depending. No, Amante was not stupid. Certainly not stupid. But the way he lived his life was stupid for her. Not that, when strictly looking at her self, Leila was living wisely either. Everyone had pointed it out at her, and trying to find the 'correct' path, she had lost it completely between piles of dead bodies, which everyone had said held the key to truth.

Even before Amante spoke again, the girl slid down from the pipe, stopping about a half meter above the ground, and keeping a certain distance from him, began to float towards the outpost. She had a patrol to finish, then she would be free... As much as someone like her could be.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 07-08-2012, 07:56 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Dumbfounded, he asked, "Then why don't you ask me questions like a normal person?" He followed after her but kept his distance. "I've never met anyone who used insults to ask me how I was feeling. Do you realize how ridiculous you can be?" He was frustrated, and rightly so. She seemed to cause most of the conflict between them by simply being herself, her strange, socially awkward self.
Old Posted 07-08-2012, 08:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #313  
Her mouth twitched, as if she was about to laugh or smile. He seemed so shocked, as if her reply had brought a revelation of sorts upon him. Unfortunately, it seemed to be far from bull's eye. There was huge difference between wanting to understand Amante, as if he was a psychological test subject, and caring how he felt.

Leila shook her head lightly, stopped and looked over her shoulder. She chuckled quietly, but it had a mean undertone, and the small smile turned into smirk. Amante was being the ridiculous one, thinking that she would want him to feel better - as if there was anything to feel much compassion for, from what she knew. Even if his head was about to explode from pain, it was solely his own fault.

"Believe what you will," deciding against engaging into further discussion. It would be pointless and Leila did not really care how Amante perceived her, and it was also hard to deny that she was socially awkward. She had not been in normal society for most of her life and had lost all interest to become a member of it. In the end, it was just lies and games anyway.

The girl began moving forward again, faster now. After all, this had given no results, as expected.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 07-08-2012, 10:03 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Pinching the bridge of his nose, he grumbled under his breath and sighed. Continuing on foot, he followed behind her until there was a fork in the tunnels. Opting to leave her, he took the other root and kept a thick, cement wall separating them until they made it to the outpost. Once there, he went over to the food tent and found some water, downing it to clear his system faster and to rehydrate.
Old Posted 07-08-2012, 10:57 AM Reply With Quote