Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Resident ghost caracal
Default .\|/. Sleeping Sun~ [Sadrain + MuseSick]   #1  
You may read, but please do not post here, unless you take part.

Sometimes, life goes strange ways - those who love each other most dearly, are separated, but others seek out one another to break the little bond they have... Yet, no path is without its twists and turns and no end can be predicted.

So, let us start another journey...

[Iantha Sapnis]

[Saien Sapnis]

Old Posted 02-23-2012, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Annabelle Elise Vortage

Jude Anthony Vortage
"Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello."

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Old Posted 02-24-2012, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #3  
Annabelle closed her eyes, her fingers shakily slipping through her snowy mop, the dirt from the shelf above her slipping into her hair every time she leaned back against it. She opened her eyes slowly, she'd just finished taking a shower in a dirty old motel, and she'd been traveling for what seemed like day's. For a girl who was rarely let out into the outside world, the small amount of time that had been two day's seemed like weeks. Annabelle never really felt homesick, but she felt as though she was lost. She didn't know where things were or how people worked. It was strange being out on her own. The last time she'd done anything by herself outside the walls she called home was on her nurses 60th birthday.

Annabelle had wandered out to pick some daisy's to set the table with. Her nurse had always told her that daisy's were beautiful, her nurse thought that they were among the simple things. But when you did them right, they didn't look like they belonged to just the simple things. It was kind of how Annabelle saw people. You can have a simple person on the outside, but she always thought that if someone was pure on the inside, they were like a daisy. Simple but elegant at the same time. She'd striven her whole life to be like a daisy. But like a lot of things in life, that didn't exactly turn out like she'd planned.

She slowly shook the dust from her hair, scanning the room she patted herself down, she didn't have much to check, she was dressed in a yellow sundress, and she had a brown leather bag on. It was filled with simple things like money,water and the book. She didn't think she'd be traveling long, according to the book the sharper her pain got the closer they were. But Annabelle had never been one to handle pain in the first place.

Her feet slowly slapped against the pavement as she headed out of the hotel, handing the man the money she owed him for the night she'd spent at the hotel. It was sunny, and it was hot, and she knew it was going to be another long day. Fiddling with her change as she walked down the street she had concluded that straight was the best option, she couldn't get lost that way. She could always turn around and walk straight back home if something went wrong. She knew she wouldn't be turning back, she wanted to be rid of her "brother" for good. What had he ever done for her? His existence had destroyed her own. She resented him for things that weren't truly his fault. If only he'd been normal..she thought somberly to herself.

A few hours had gone by, and the sun was up in the middle of the sky, her stomach rumbled at her as she looked both ways. Crossing the deserted street she sat down on the curb in the shade. Slinging her backpack of her back she filed through it looking for something to munch on. Shifting through her bag, she felt it tugged from between her legs. Jolting up, her eyes narrowing at the man before her. "Give me. Back. My bag." she murmured in a low voice, her head hung, her white bangs clouding her eyes now. Her hand outstretched to what seemed to be someone so much more than human.

That was a weakness, everyone around town, and it seemed every town she'd been through wasn't human. They were all filled with freaks. People she had nothing in common with. Part of her wondered if there was an alternate universe where only humans existed, and that's where they traveled when they realized they didn't belong here. If so, she thought she might like a memo about it at some point. She stepped back onto the curb, gaining a bit of height leverage over the man now. She took another step back, preparing to kick his hand. She swung her leg, but another man caught it, forcing her back she hopped on her remaining leg. Hopping back into the chest of another man. She tried to use her arms, held by the man behind her. She whispered quietly to herself, "aw fuck.." as she struggled against them. She didn't know how long she could out last these creatures.

(Hope that's an okay entrance for you! :3 If it's not long enough let me know!)
"Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello."

Old Posted 02-24-2012, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Saien opened his eyes and found him self laying in small, not very comfortable bed. His vision was blurred, the endless hills and valleys of Dream realm overlapping the sight of small and plain room. Which was the usual 'travel' after-effect for this elf. If someone had opened the doors to this room just a moment ago, they would have found it empty. He was more careful, creating an illusion of a sleeping form, if there was a chance of someone seeing him.

Man sat up and sighed, run hand trough his black hair and then got up. Afterwards, he went trough the usual, normal morning routines, more out of habit than actual need, although, they helped to keep image up, and headed downstairs for small breakfasts. Saien ate little, his gaze wandering over the people in motel's dining room, but thoughts far away, with person he had not seen for little over century. He felt guilty, for abandoning her, making her worry and doubt him, for sure. But at that time, there was little he could do and afterwards... No, there was little he could use in his defense.

After his meal, man got up, paid for his stay and the meal, thanked the host kindly and went on his way, smile on his face. Many looked back at the elf, bundled up in nearly winter coat, soft wool scarf loosely wrapped around his neck and gloves covering his hands. If the day had been a bit colder, Saien would also wear his dear hat, but for now, he felt comfortable as it was.

As the midday approached, more and more fled the streets to return to safe and cool shelters from the sun and have a glass of cold juice or beer. Saien, too, pulled off his scarf and stuffed it in his black, messenger styled bag, and unbuttoned the two top buttons of his coat. He was softly whistling some old elven song when he spotted something that made him get out his leisure posture.

Saien ran towards the scene of three men holding a young girl, probably planning to rob her - or worse. He quickly put his gloves into the pockets and put hand on intricate handler of his sword. "Let her go, now," he said in threatening voice, now behind one of the men. They apparently were one of many demon and half-breed mercenary and thug bands wandering the country in these times of war. Of course, they didn't listen and small scene of battling and attempting to run away ensued.

Saien was rather skilled with swords, but he was against bloodshed - it was not in his nature - so, he usually used sword only to disarm opponents and as an explanation why they went out cold, when his real powers put the enemies to sleep. So, two of beings fell quickly, but third attempted to run away with woman's bag, but was caught before managed to get away more than few meters. Saien sheathed his sword and picked up the bag from his hands, before walking back to the victim, with warm smile.

"Here you go," he said, giving it back to her. "You are not hurt in any way, are you?" Saien questioned, as his expression turned worried and he discreetly slid his eyes over her, looking for any bruises or cuts. The man did not want to seem rude or scare her more than the thugs had.
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Last edited by Sadrain; 02-26-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old Posted 02-26-2012, 01:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #5  
Annabelle fell back onto the curb as the man let her go, sitting still, she watched as the man, no, the elf, seemed to disarm the men that had been holding her. She looked up, her eyes filled with wonder that her lips did not show. Was it really so different to be human? Was it just that much easier to take people on when you weren't? She wondered what his powers were, he was an elf, what did the book say about elves. The book.. She quickly got to her feet, grabbing the book that had fallen from her bag out of the dirt, she clutched it to her chest, feebly. Quietly watching the scene unfold. She knew it was only in her head, but everything seemed to slow down, she felt like she was in a movie, in which she herself could easily maneuver through. She felt as though at this point it was no skill. It happened to her often, all the time growing up, but never when she needed it. Like moments before when the men had come up to her. It seemed to falter in the moments it would be useful.

Annabelle stood slowly as she looked up at him, he wasn't that much taller than her, so as she stood they grew to almost eye level. Her finger slowly wrapped around the strap of her backpack, slinging it onto one shoulder, and then scrambling for the other strap to slide it onto the next. Her lips pressed into a thin line. "I'm fine. Thank you." she said it curtly, she meant it, she really meant it. But having been kept away from the outside world for so long it was hard for her to show any form of sincerity, or purity. She knew what it was like when she spoke to her nurse, but outside of her nurse, who was she to use it with?

Annabelle had grown accustom to the idea of things being over used. Quite similar to the words 'I love you'. She'd grown keen on the idea that the more you said it the less it meant. It made it easier for her to avoid having to say it at all. But it would only take a fool to mistake the logic for honesty. She was scared of loving someone who would never love her back. It was true, in her eyes love had been taken from her at a young age. Children who aren't loved, don't grow.. She thought in her head, shaking it slightly to remove the daze that had come upon her.

"I- Thank you.." she said once more, she had thoughts, but she couldn't always express them. She sometimes thought to much and said nothing at all. It was easy for her to simply get lost in her thoughts, even her imagination. Even if it wasn't always necessarily the best thing for her. She slowly let the book drop from her chest, holding it in her hands at her sides. She wondered if he wanted anything, some sort of payment for his duty. Why would he do it for free? She didn't understand what would compel him to help her. Everyone had a motive, but what was his? What was his angle, his reason for saving her from those men. Good guys rarely came along in a world like this, power hungry men were born every second, into a life they could not lead. But people tried all the time, to be the very best. To triumph. And Annabelle, a feeble, useless human, was just an ant underneath the feet of these bees and butterflies. But even ants were strong..

Old Posted 02-27-2012, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Saien looked into her stormy eyes searchingly as the girl carefully took the bag. But to see what she thought was as hard as to find sun hidden behind the gray storm clouds. However, he felt as if something as bright was there... A thought crossed his mind - Fate rarely threw dices out of no reason. Maybe there was a reason they had met? But it was too soon to conclude it.

That moment his thoughts were disturbed as the man noticed their fingers almost touched on the strap of the bag, and pulled them back, maybe too quickly for it to pass by unseen. "My apologies," Saien murmured, a slight embarrassment blush tainting his cheeks. "I do not wish to come across as rude, but I think we all have our own little quirks and mine happens disliking to come in direct touch with people," he explained, as he took out his gloves and put them on.

Then, as if nothing had happened, he smiled at her in reassuring manner. "Allow me to introduce my self, milady. My name is Saien Sapnis," he said, bowing slightly, hand going to his heart. "And I am truly glad to hear no physical harm has come to you, but it must have been quite a shock to you, milady. May I offer you a drink of your choice at nearby pub, to calm your nerves? We should also note the local authorities about these..." he gestured to the three forms in the grass, "thugs, so they are taken to appropriate place." Saien's expression turned more serious now. "Of course, I will understand if you refuse, milady. I would simply feel uneasy to leave you shaken like this on your own, besides, I am not sure if there are no other band nearby."

For some reason, he felt as if he had to stay with her for a while longer, so he had offered this. Any way, he had nowhere to rush and the world lay open in front of him, with no hint where he should go first. A hour more a hour less would change very little, except that he would leave with a pleasant feeling of knowing that this young lady had recovered and would have a safer travel further.

Elf's purple eyes lingered on the book in her hand for a brief moment, but it did not recall anything in particular to him, maybe except gave off slightly strange vibes. As he looked back to her face, Saien took notice of her expression, the doubt apparent in her voice, as she slightly awkwardly thanked him. It was no wonder, though. War had helped people grow mighty suspicious of everyone, even those who seemed to me genuinely kind and helpful, because a hour later, they could slit your throat and take your last belonging.

"I do not have any ulterior motives, if you are wondering about that. These days, when war leaves many hopeless and they turn to crime as last option, none can really feel safe, and I think that one's duty is to stop it, if he comes across such scene as you were involved in just a moment ago, milady."

|~ Status:

Old Posted 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #7  
Annabelle looked up at him, she watched as he put his gloves on, glancing at her own pale slender fingers. "I understand," she commented as she flexed her fingers back and forth. She realized how careless it must have been of her to just go about so freely, nearly touching the people around her. She had no idea what powers the elven boy possessed, he could be anything, or do anything. She should have been more mindful of what she was doing. Using her hands, she rubbed the dirt off of her dress, bending down to tie her shoe back up, her head snapped up as he spoke again. He wasn't shy, she made note of that just encase she ran into him again. Although she doubted it, very few nice people left their towns, it was usually treasure hunters, and thugs.

Annabelle looked up at him, shaking her snowy white hair out of her face as she held her hand out. She'd seen people do that on the street, but instantly retracted it once she remembered he didn't like to be touched. "I'm Annabelle, but you may call me Snow, and I'm fine." she said as she glanced up at him. "I am- How would you say it? Not shocked I guess. There will always be bad people doing bad things-" she paused to think of how to say what she had meant. "You have just got to trust that you, can choose the right people." she said, her brow raising, curious to if what she had inquired made sense.

She looked over to the dirt, her eyes focusing on an ant, watching as it picked up what appears to be a larger grain of sand, but was meerly a seed. You are strong.. she thought to herself as her eyes danced back over to him. "You shouldn't have helped.." she said quietly. "Using your powers to assist a human, is frowned upon.." she murmured. She remembered hearing stories about how humans would only survive so long on their own, and that no one would help them in their time of need. She assumed it was true, another thing she wasn't sure about due to being tucked away from society for so long. Her hands held at the hem of her dress as her eyes tried to hold his gaze. "I could have handled it.." she said, but she wasn't truly sure who she was trying to convince of that. Him.. Or herself. She didn't know anything about the outside world, and she had no powers, she wasn't sure if this journey was worth it. It was an eye for an eye, either way she was going to go through some kind of pain.. But was it all worth it. She knew she didn't travel this far for nothing though.

She just wasn't sure if what her reason was, was actually a legitimate one. "I- I'm sorry, I must go." she stammered, her mind flooding with things, words she could not explain, she felt sorry for what she had said. It was rude to put someone in such a spot when they had saved your life, but she didn't like the idea of being weak. She hoisted her bag up on her shoulders and walked, slowly, she wasn't sure what was drawing her back. But of course.. There were a lot of things she wasn't sure about.

((Sorry for the wait D: My computer went kablooie. All I had was IM's on my iPod, I just got a hold of one today D: Sorry! <3 Also sorry my post is so short D:)

Old Posted 03-06-2012, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Annabelle. Your name is beautiful so I would prefer using it, if you do not mind," he spoke with a smile and quickly grasped her outstretched hand and leaned over it, lips barely touching it's top, before Saien released it. Such contact, when expected, could do no harm and he felt bad for reacting so sharply. He mentally agreed about the other name fitting her as well, though. She seemed as clear, yet cold as the snow and somehow, Saien felt as if she could be as unpredictable as a snowstorm coming out of seemingly nowhere.

He nodded his head rather enthusiastically, some hair falling on his forehead as Annabelle spoke again. "That's true and I believe, that if you keep that trust, you will meet them, eventually. Sometimes, they are as suspicious as you can be, though, and then it can be complicated." Saien was rather optimistic guy, especially on the outside, but there was a pang of guilt as he spoke of this, because he knew that on some aspects, he couldn't be trusted either, but, he hoped - he believed - that there was so little chance of situation where he would be forced to turn against the one next to him, that it would never really matter.

His thought was cut short and Saien stared at the young woman, bewildered. Who had told her that? Who had made her think as such? While he had been gone for some time... long time, he doubted that suddenly, humans had become something... less than others. In fact, when he disappeared, humans were dominating this and every other country and often treated elves and the rest as minorities, as a lower kind. Of course, war had changed some things, but...

As the elf opened his mouth to speak, Annabelle was faster. Her words caught him a little off guard and he shook his head quickly. Saien could see she felt as if she had said something out of place and thought it was partially due to him falling silent, so, he followed her, quickly falling into her pace, hoping he could smooth things down, without seeming too bothersome. The fact she mentioned powers nagged at the back of his mind, but he would smooth it down quick enough. Blow up another story of warrior with slight innate magic powers or something like that.

"If you do not mind my presence, milady, I would love to have you as my traveling companion for a while, even if just a day or two. I am a mere traveler, with no certain destination, but as I've been gone from these lands for a while, something you said caught my attention. Why do you suggest it is bad to wield a sword to help another person now, if they are human? A life is a life, whoever lives it, and as such, it is precious and anyone should protect it. I have not heard that humans have fallen in a... mistreat these days. Half of this city belongs to humans, after all! And I must admit, they make the finest cakes here!" he ended with a small, friendly chuckle. Saien wanted to make her feel more comfortable with his presence. Somehow, he worried that bad things could happen if he left her alone. To her, or to him, the man was not sure.

|~ Status:

Last edited by Sadrain; 03-10-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old Posted 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #9  
Jude's eyes shot open in a moment of panic, sweat dripping down his face as his shaking hands rubbed through his hair. The black strands slipping back into place, hiding his eyes once more as he began to wipe the sweat off of his body, running his palms along his face, neck, arms and chest. He threw the covers down to the floor. He didn't know how much longer he could go reliving the same nightmare. The bags under his eyes, he didn't see them, no one could, but he knew they were there. Signaling how much sleep he had gotten since the murder of his nurse. It wasn't always the same nightmare though, sometimes he would just see things, random things, he'd conjure them up with his mind, and they would never leave. He sat up in his bed, resting his hands on his face, he buried his face him them slowly, letting out quiet breaths as he slid his feet onto the floor, silently, he went towards the shower, quickly hopping in he washed up and got out, drying his body, he ran his fingers through his hair, brushed his teeth and headed towards the balcony, sliding his clothes on quickly. A pair of jeans, and a button up collard shirt. He stuffed his bag with anything he believed he would need, pulling his cloak up over his head. Glancing quickly around the room, he grabbed the balcony rail and jumped, holding the edges of his cloak out, he easily glided down the three story home and to the ground. Sighing deeply as he looked back up, he knew they would awaken soon. The alarm had been set off once he had touched the ground.

In an agile manner Jude managed to run, hoping the fence into the neighbors yard. He had a lot of practice with doing so, when his nurse would play hide n'seek with him. He'd always hide in the neighbors rose bushes. He began to walk casually, he knew he was to far now for anyone to really catch him, although it was hard for him to not stand out. His feet slapped against the pavement as he entered the sidewalk, it was about an hours walk out of this neighborhood, and he had a very long walk ahead. He needed to see his sister, he needed to stay around her long enough to get rid his powers. He walked casually, smiling softly to himself as he past his elementary school. It was summer now, and he missed the idea of being little, everything was a lot easier when he was younger, but he didn't think he knew anyone who could say that things weren't easier when they was younger.

Smiling softly as he looked out towards the rising sun, he placed his headphones slowly into his ears, he knew it was going to be a long day of traveling but there was nothing wrong with that. He'd always loved the outdoors. Maybe it was because he could get away from his family, or maybe it was because it made him think of his nurse, or it could have even been because there was something about it, a smell, a look, a feel. He was always more adventurous than most people. Always climbing trees and exploring caves. He thought it could have been because for the longest time, he had been stolen away from the outdoors, because no one knew how to keep him from burning up. But his nurse, oh his nurse, who'd looked after him his whole life, that sweet old lady, had designed him cloak after cloak to keep him from being hurt.

Just up ahead, he could see a girl lying beneath a sign, hidden, but only from the proper angle. He was in the right angle to just barley see her ankles. Worried, he rushed over, kneeling down before her, was something wrong with her. Slowly he leaned down, resting his head on her chest, listening closely to her heartbeat. So she was alive, was she unconscious? He wondered. "M-Ma'am?" he asked quietly into her ear.

Annabelle stopped, her back facing him as she slowly turned to look up at him, a look of confusion spread across her lips. Flustered, her mouth opened a little. He knew as little as she did about the world.. What did he know that was right, and what did she know that was right. "We're different.." she said quietly, searching her brain for the words to make him understand. That it was a big world, filled with people with powers. "Times have changed.. We have- Reverted back to things similar to the stone age. A small, girl like me, easily.. Attracts people of power, both male and female, not because I am a threat.. But because now everyone wants to be the very best.." she said stumbling over her words slightly. "I say that because compared to someone of power, I am merely an ant, with no power.. By defending me, it shows that you are weak of heart. People aren't so forgiving in this town, but I'm sure that varies from town to town. Unfortunately.. I would hate to loop you with everyone else, or discourage the thought of being different. But if you are too nice, and defend people you can not trust, you will surely find yourself killed." Her words seemed dry, plain in fact. She found it hard to sugar coat things, let alone come up with the words to say things regularly.

"But yes, sir. I will accompany you for awhile, but I, do have a destination of desire.." she said pulling the book from her bag once more, opening it, she pointed to the black circle that had been drawn in. "We.. are here." She said pointing a far ways away. "And that, is where I want to go.." she said simply. "Are you sure you're not going anywhere particularly?" she asked glancing up at him. "Oh.. Cake." a small smile, the first one the man would have seen spread along her thin lips. "Shall we go get some?" she asked pointing to the small bakery across the street. "I've got lots of time," she concluded.

(( Sorry if that is too short D: or isn't good~ ))

Old Posted 03-14-2012, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
It was like someone who had been drowning, sinking deeper and deeper into black waters, having lost nearly all grip on reality, had suddenly been pulled up by some unknown force, towards the surface. There was that feeling of movement, the strange light, somewhere far ahead, and sudden, strong urge to fight toward that light, even if there was no strength left. That is how Iantha would describe her awakening later, if asked about it.

In this black abyss, she did not know the meaning of time, nor life, nor dreams, but when this light came, she felt again. She surfaced, and, suddenly, she sensed her physical body again. Iantha could feel each limb, each muscle, and also faint streams coming from somewhere, pumping energy into each her pore, even if it all felt alien to her and she had only vague idea how to use this body.

She nearly subconsciously slowly opened eyes, their gazes met, although, she had no name for what she saw at that time, except for one meaning: life. This was the source of the energy, of life that had brought her to the surfce, but it came too slowly this way. The black abyss wanted her back, and so, on instinct, her hands rose up, touched his face - gently at first, but then grip got tighter - and pulled him down, so their lips touched.

Darkness began to take over Jude's mind the moment she lay her hands on him, but strangely enough, it was not all consuming, fear inducing dark. It came like cover of the night, soothing away the light, thoughts, lulling one into sleep. And he indeed fell asleep, when their lips met, body slumping on hers.

Trough Iantha's mind flashed many images. Some sweet and warming, some horrifying and chilling to the bone. Without any order or sense they came and they went, often overlapping. The chaos, the force with which the images pressed into her mind to the very core, was maddening. Then everything blurred, became more calm, and she saw a young woman, nearly a child and... There was something more, but she was thrown out of the visions, and the mental impact left her gasping for air and shivering in cold.

------

The sun had set and the heat of the day was washed away by rain that poured quite heavily from the dark sky. Iantha was sitting at a small fire, burning under the shelter of the tree crowns. Nearby, a tent had been built in which the body of her victim slept. She had made him comfortable to her best ability. Thankfully, her money pouch had been intact and in nearby small town, she had brought the essentials for traveling and minimal comfort. Somehow, her gold coins seemed much more worth than she remembered... Then again, there was no town nearby, from what she remembered.

Iantha looked at the tent's entrance every now and then, knowing that her 'victim' should wake soon enough. Well, not knowing, more like feeling it. She had no idea what she would say, in fact, the girl still felt very 'out of it', thoughts, memories all blurred. Such close encounters left impact on both parties, but Dreamweaver felt them most accutely. The images she had seen overlapped with those of her own past, the cruelty seeping from them sunk like a heavy stone, deeper and deeper into her soul.

The girl swallowed nervously and fiddled with a wet hair strand. "I should've bought another cloak," she said to her self mentally and shivered. Again and again, the same thought came back to her: why had she been waken, was there point to carry on?

|~ Status:

Last edited by Sadrain; 05-24-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old Posted 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #11  
His mismatched eyes bore into hers, as she spoke. How strange, he felt as if her words were important, quite important. And her voice, stumbling, but soft, it wrapped around him in a way one's dreams normally would upon touch... She had strong aura, strong heart, this strange girl. And what strange things she said.

"It seems that while I've been gone, people have become very... foolish," he said softly. "Wish to help and protect, as well as the strength and courage to carry this will out is one of the greatest strengths a living being can possess. It asks for much more than a simple sword flinging to protect someone, and a true, caring heart is always burdened, for it wishes to protect and avoid hurting others. And this path, that it finds, is the one we all should walk. That's why compassion is the greatest strength of all." Saien's voice and grimace around his mouth grew firm, yet there was something akin to sentiment in his eyes. Those words, were not fully his own, someone had told him that long ago... Yet from her, he knew that compassion was indeed the greatest weakness of all. A double edged blade, it cut down everyone.

"And if I must die, then it is my fate, and I shall be honored my death met me while I was protecting someone. And no one, I tell you, not a single living being, is worthless. We all have our own purposes, good or bad. So, indeed, people of this country, have been led astray from the truth... And I feel pity for them, for they are who will also suffer in the end." It took few moments, but then his expression softened up, and all the seriousness was wiped away, like wind blows away the fallen leaves in autumn.

Saien looked down at the circle in the book, then at her and smiled sincerely. "I feel that it is a good destination."
"You need not worry about my destination, my lady, it will come to me,"
he finished mysteriously, offering her elbow. "Let's go and enjoy the culinary wonders now indeed."

-------------------------------------------------------

The cakes were truly wonderful and Saien enjoyed more than any normal food he had eaten in a long time. It amused him a bit, that all the normal things, such as opening door for her, or pulling chair for her, flustered Annabelle slightly. As he spoke about half meaningless things and told her about some of his adventures, his mind created a question after question, about her. And then...

Black darkness, in front of him, around him, inside his lungs. Everywhere. Just a faint glimmer of light, that he was suddenly pulled to, and trough. And two figures, no, three. A man, and woman, holding hands, and another looming over them... With a gasp, he was thrown back into the reality, eyes fixed on Annabelle's face. He did not know how long he was gone, what he had said, but for one thing he was sure - he had seen and felt Iantha. And Annabelle.

"Forgive me, I get these headaches sometime, they are very sudden," Saien said in apologetic tone, rubbing his forehead. "It must be the weather and air pressure change, you see, before I came here, I spent some years in tropical place," he explained with a crooked smile. His head, indeed was in pain. Or rather, just one spot, his tattoo. "Would you like one more cake or you wish to depart?" Saien asked.
OO C: Bleh?

|~ Status:

Old Posted 06-01-2012, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote