Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

A*DIC*TED
Default 3DS Release Information. Official Nintendo Page link now up!   #1  
Japanese release is set for February 16th 2011 and it will cost. 25,000 yen. That's around 300 USD.

Most game sites editors are thinking it'll cost closer to 250 stateside and it is still likely to release in North America in March 2011.

My current dilemma is I won't be able to afford it unless I save up and I am horrible at saving up. I'm considering opening a savings account at the credit union simply to stash 10 bucks or so in every now and then and see where I wind up when the 3DS releases.

The reason I will have trouble saving up for this is I am constantly wanting to buy games for my current DS. Case in point there and two games not released yet that I want to pre-order, and two games that are already released that I am eying hungrily.

But yeah, thoughts on the 3DS?

A few links to read if you feel like it:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124336p1.html
http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124739p1.html
http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1097989p1.html

And IGN's Nintendo Podcast:
http://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/audio/a...oicechat91.mp3

UPDATE:

So Nintendo of America has announced that the 3DS will cost 249.99 USD and will be released March 27th,2011

Anyone else super excited for march?

Official Nintendo Press page:
3DS Page
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Damies; 01-19-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old Posted 10-02-2010, 07:30 AM  
Thorns and Claws
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.

As far as the system goes, all the reviews from the groups who got to look at the system itself it sounds almost too good to be true xD As far as my thoughts, Nintendo has always held the handheld market.. i have no doubt that this system will fail to fill the next spot in the line up.

I do love that it's already been stated the system is backwards compatible with the old DS games ^^ though my main thought is that my favorite title of Harvest moon could be released in 3D o__o <3

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:30 PM  
Dark Elf
Default   #3  
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦ .· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.
All i have to say is that Nintendo is now the OLDEST system producing company still working the market today. This is for a reason. I have come to expect great quality products for them, and I've always been satisfied with what they've done. :)
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦ .· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 09:32 PM  
System Start

I can't wait to get my hands on one and see how well they did the 3D graphics. But now that they have announced a price at $300 I'm finding it difficult to buy. If I had the money, sure I'd buy it on release day with no questions asked because I grew up with Nintendo and I continue to love the products that Nintendo produces.
I'm hoping the US price will be significantly less but somehow doubt that so I'll probably wait for some really great games for it and for it to come down in price to where I could afford it.
Old Posted 10-12-2010, 11:59 AM  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #5  

if its like most of the things by Nintendo i wouldn't buy on release anyway xD they tend to come out with different colors after a few months

Old Posted 10-12-2010, 12:29 PM  
Dark Elf

Yeah it's always better to wait on consoles and such... PS3 Slim is vastly superior to the old ones for example :)

Old Posted 10-12-2010, 12:41 PM  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #7  

pff but my old one can have a snes emulator an yours cant so ~sticks tongue out~ besides i can hurt someone with my old one xD

but over all i always end up buying a nintendo when it's first released an then kicking myself cause they released a red color model -.-

Old Posted 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM  
Dark Elf

Hush! xD At least mine can fit in a pocket xD

Old Posted 10-12-2010, 01:16 PM  
Bow Chicka Honk Honk!
Default   #9  
What I've read of the 3DS sounds awesome, which is no surprise from a Nintendo handheld. I doubt I will be getting one though. The price is a bit out of my range and I'm hindered by my annoyance with the current trend of "let's make absolutely everything in 3D!"
~I'm the Autumn Pandora Ranger!~

Est. 08/16/10

Old Posted 10-14-2010, 06:41 AM  
Webcomicker!
With the DS Lite, I bought it right away and it sucked cuz the next month it came out in different colors. I will probably wait a few months to get it, especially since I doubt I'd be able to afford it at that point. I do plan on getting it however at eventually. Especially when I heard you can watch movies in 3D on it like How to Train Your Dragon (totally one of my favoritist movies ever!).

I also heard there was going to be an online shop like the Wii has to buy older games digitally?

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 10-14-2010, 04:36 PM  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #11  

is there going to be a shop? long as it's backwards compatible then i won't care i still have my old games.. thats the main thing that turned me off on the DSI D: no gameboy advanced slot :<

Old Posted 10-18-2010, 09:18 PM  
A*DIC*TED
It'll have a better shop interface then the DSi (which is horribly chunky)
http://ds.ign.com/articles/113/1131190p1.html

Aaand a article about some of the game that will be coming out within a year of the 3DS launch:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/113/1130209p1.html

I don't remember where but I do remember them saying there would be games from previous systems as downloadable content for the 3DS

Edit: My biggest worry is me as a lefty having to figure out how to write with my right hand when I am using the analog pad thinger. I mean If I have to MOVE and WRITE/TAP at the same time I'd screwed until I learn to master my decidedly weaker hand.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Damies; 11-01-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old Posted 11-01-2010, 06:37 AM  
Red-aholic
Default   #13  
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I want to trust that Nintendo will come out with something cool because they usually do, and the 3D aspect interests me. On the other hand, I was very disappointed that I spent all the money I did on the DSi--it just wasn't that much of an improvement to be worth it. So I don't know if I'll get one or not. Probably will wait on the reviews this time...

[

This Sushi has been Fen-Bitten
Old Posted 11-01-2010, 03:44 PM  
nostalgic
The 3DS seems so amazing.
I definitely promised myself that I will be buying it once it releases.
Once I move, I'll be working again, so I know that I'll definitely have enough to buy it, as well as a few games I saw that'll be releasing with it.

There are 10 games I want to get once it comes out. I want them all. keke.

Anyways, thank you for this thread. :]
I`m more than hyped for it now.
Old Posted 12-04-2010, 05:32 PM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #15  
Amazon has a email notification system up now so when preorders come available they send you a email saying so. the blog i signed up to watch, said pre-orders should be available soon.. like dec 26th soon or something like that <3

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-09-2010, 10:20 PM  
Thorns and Claws

i wish i could afford one when they first release, but then again they took my red one off the starting line up so i'll wait to trade in my old ds slim towards the cost of a red 3ds x3

Old Posted 12-09-2010, 11:08 PM  
Closed Thread