Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's ALIVE
Default Lounge of the MRA {Manga Readers (Un)Anonymous}   #1  

Welcome to the Lounge of the MRA!!!

Do you enjoy reading manga? Have a hard time finding people to share your life-involving hobby? Want a place to casually discuss manga you read or look for recommendations? Hangout with us here! You're always welcome to geek and spazz out over your favorite manga becoming an anime, or get super sad when your favorite character dies again, with fellow fans!
Also make sure to join the social group! I have it linked up above in the welcome =)

I'm still working on having a full in-depth category listing in the group so we can keep everything in wonderful order there and not lose it on the pages here =) If you have suggestions message me with them and I'm sure we can work something out =3

Thank you stopping by! I do hope you enjoy your stay!

Manga of the Month

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Last edited by SparX; 02-24-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Old Posted 02-19-2016, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Umm, any good places online to find Manga? Most places I look tend to disappear a month later...

I will stick by almost reading all of Junji Ito's work. His Horror Manga is wonderfully creative even if his characters can be bland. Black Paradox and Uzumaki are probably my favorites. Oh, and Hellstar Remina. Just a lovely mix of societal satire and surreal/absurd survival horror scenarios.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 02-19-2016, 02:54 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #3  
I don't read it much online on my laptop I actually use an app I found in the google playstore =O So I read most of mine on the go off my phone =3
The app is called Mangazoo
It has 4 sources (which I would assume you can find these places and probably will find them and link them later) The sources are Taadd, Mangago, MangaFox and MangaHere(Eng).
From there you can find books by category or author, or search for one you know you want to read.
Mangago (to me) seems to have the most selection, including some far out DJ I've never even heard or thought of =O
As for horror It isn't quite horror as macabre and taboo I've been reading Shintarou Kago's works.
A page dedicated to him and his works

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 02-19-2016, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
The Magic Number
I haven't really read alot of manga recently but my friend does and she normally goes to Kissmanga.com.
My dragons, yo.

I like to make gifs~

Old Posted 02-19-2016, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #5  
On a side note----- The green app not the updated red one. the updated red one only has manga from mangazoo.

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 02-24-2016, 06:33 PM Reply With Quote  
The Magic Number
volume 20 of oreama teacher is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
think i will buy it next week! ~.~

nvm its may 3rd not march xD
My dragons, yo.

I like to make gifs~

Old Posted 03-04-2016, 11:27 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #7  
Only one more month until it's out!
I found some manga in my manga box that I have, but its not my book and I have no clue where it came from D:

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-15-2016, 05:43 PM Reply With Quote  
The Magic Number
i forgot!!!!!!!!!!!
omg im buying it next month woohoo!

its yours now o.o
My dragons, yo.

I like to make gifs~

Old Posted 04-15-2016, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #9  
I just secretly wish it was of the books I was missing and not the ones I already have XD
but if I collect all the omnibuses then I'll have them all anyways XD

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-16-2016, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote  
The Magic Number
aw XD

i think i will buy a few manga next month o.o
its been awhile lol
My dragons, yo.

I like to make gifs~

Old Posted 04-16-2016, 01:42 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #11  
Reminds me I gotta go finish Death Note sometime...

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-16-2016, 08:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Lately I've been super into this manhwa/webtoon called "lookism" also it's in full color which is awesome. But it's pretty slow with updates :(

Also there's a cute manga called tomo chan wa onnanoko. It looks like it has a million chapters but like after a point each chapter is just one page for some reason??? Idk why they upload it like that. It's a comedy and boy is it good. Almost as top tier as gekkan shoujo nozaki kun.

I generally read horror manga, one shots being my favorite. There is this one psychological horror (I forget it's Japanese title) but it's called inside Mari. It's about this guy who sees this cute girl named Mari and follows her and the next morning he wakes up and he is her. The entire thing is about figuring out where mari went and why he is her. It gets really interesting and makes you go back and forth with what you think happened. Did Mari disappear? Is it all just not what it seems? It has some Yuri themes too.

"I am a hero" is one of the best zombie stories I've ever read. I'd suggest checking that out of you want something different. The first few chapters are very mundane to set up the main characters background. But after you make it through them it really picks up and gets intense.
Plus I think now there's a side story called I am a hero in Osaka. I haven't checked it out yet but it probably makes the story even better.

Another really goold manhwa/webtoon I've been enjoying is godly bells. It's also full color and idk I just like the story. It has a historical feel to it and the characters are pretty well thought out I feel. The story though can be predictable if you think about it a little bit.

I have too many suggestions haha.

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 04-16-2016, 10:15 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exulansis View Post
Reminds me I gotta go finish Death Note sometime...
YES THIS
THIS EXACTLY IS WHY I HAVEN'T FINISHED IT

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-16-2016, 10:54 AM Reply With Quote  
The Magic Number
i havent heard of any of those O:
im kinda interested in that inside mari one o.o
i might check them out soon!
My dragons, yo.

I like to make gifs~

Old Posted 04-16-2016, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #15  
Here's a link to it.
http://m.mangafox.me/manga/boku_wa_mari_no_naka/

Seriously one of my favorites. But I hope it ends soon. Mangas like these either are really really good and short or really really good but then get dragged out too much and become bad.

A good example of a great manga turning bad because it got dragged out too much us Ana satsujin
http://m.mangafox.me/manga/ana_satsujin/#

It was so great until like they said it was on its last arc and then even still they started adding more and more chapters and the story just got ruined. :(

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 04-16-2016, 12:22 PM Reply With Quote  
The Magic Number
oh its still ongoing? D:
-saved link-
that sucks! its always a hit and miss with me lol cause i want more but sometimes it just goes in a terrible way XD
My dragons, yo.

I like to make gifs~

Old Posted 04-16-2016, 12:27 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
anime, manga, reading