Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #129  
There are so many other pet sites though, not every site needs to also have pets.
Old Posted 08-03-2013, 12:04 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
granted of course we need to get the site up to snuff before pets are even thought about XD
Old Posted 08-04-2013, 01:40 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #131  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
The problem then is you wouldn't WANT to get rid of maxed-out pets, because they'd be giving you the best rewards.

I think the result here is that pets need to be good for something besides just the feeding rewards for a shelter to make sense.
No no... What I meant is one a pet reached it's max out point in terms of feeding. It will grant 1 item at random, and then start back at 0 again to feed all over again.
Buying rarer creatures, then paying $1 for a instant item grant from that item is just for impatient people who simply just want to try and get the item they want rather then put times towards it.

So hence your cashing in from someone's impatience to spend time on the site to talk and advertise their link in their signature in someway xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
That'd ruin the rarity of the rewards. :( It would allow the reward sequence to be repeated indefinitely -- consider sending your pet to a shelter and then buying it with a mule.
That's why you need a high amount of feeds per animal (100? 1000?) The rarity of the rewards would be like giftboxes that have been on the site for years, the longer the item has been in circulation the less rarer the rewards will be. But you do make a point, on whether a system like this should be limited in someway but that's only if you guys would decide to maintain some sort of item rarity.

But, meh. I just heard pet system and spurred an idea within 10 minutes. The only big task for a game like this would be the pixeling, and if you guys re-used a lot of the current animals on trisphee and just make items based off of them that will make things slightly easier. But there's still the entire design/pixeling crap to go through in general.
But hey, talking about this stuff in general is fun anyways xD

Old Posted 08-04-2013, 04:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
There's so much I want to say on this topic but I feel like I'd come across as a jerk and would start some sort of argument.

It just really frustrates me when I see everyone constantly saying "real life got in the way." If real life is keeping you from completing most of your tasks, maybe reconsider staying on staff. I quit Trisphee because I didn't have time to do both it and my webcomics. I didn't want to be another name filling the staff list that didn't contribute. I understand that the staff members really care about Trisphee but so did I. I spent a lot of time and money on this site when I could but I had to make a choice. Trisphee needs staff members that can and will make the time for it or everything will forever keep getting delayed.

I have been working on webcomics for 7 years, I get the whole "real life" thing. But I still find ways to get everything done on time even when working a full time job.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 08-10-2013, 03:14 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #133  
*Gives small applause for you being courageous enough to get that off your chest.*

Now how does that make you feeeeeeeelll????

Old Posted 08-10-2013, 08:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
I feel like there needs to be some major changes here if anyone expects this site to improve. I've been gone a year and it seems like the only thing that changed was the art at the top. Looking through this thread, it seems like the staff are dedicated and really care for Trisphee but most of them that posted said they were too busy to get anything done. That's a major problem.

Weeks of delays turns into months and turns into years of nothing happening. How many events have there been in the last year? A mini spring event?

You said yourself Illusion that you were considering leaving and coming back in a few months to see if anything changed. I already did that, I've been gone a YEAR and it seems like Trisphee is worse off than it was before.

I dunno. Things need to change. Even if that means taking one of the DIs away and only having 2 so that they have a better chance of getting done on time. Put whomever would have been in charge of the 3rd DI in charge of making event items or commons. They don't have to be extravagant. A simple event to just get people posting again to get some items would benefit.

The shops need some serious reorganizing. If I were new and wanted to see everything there was in the shops, I'd be stuck looking through over 200 pages of things. Maybe have it where only 1 of each of the items shows up, then you click it to see what colors are available. That would cut it down drastically.

Make realistic deadlines. AND STICK TO THEM. I don't know how it is now but when I was on staff there'd be deadlines and when they weren't reached there wasn't much of a backlash so staff would just continue missing them. This is a business so treat it like one. If staff members don't carry their weight, let them go. Don't keep them in hopes that eventually they will. I know everyone is friends they no one wants drama but staff members shouldn't be on staff because they're your friend, they should be there because they work to help Trisphee achieve better things. There's like 25 staff members, hypothetically tons of things should be getting done. But how many of them are actually active? A few of them haven't logged on in a week, a couple in months.

Maybe sites like this are things of the past. I don't see any that are doing well nowadays.

CMYK
Old Posted 08-10-2013, 02:54 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #135  
So basically everything I've been complaining about for the past year. xDDDD
I will be honest, give me 10 of the most random items (or anything that's been laying around for a while), a way to plant items into User's accounts, a new account to make a random NPC, a forum for an event, and the trust that I can single-handedly handle a small event I can do it.

I have come to understand the effort of having to do some things on the site, but truly is it that hard to make a thread and say "Talk here, and you might get an item from a magical whatchamacallit?"

Old Posted 08-10-2013, 03:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Well like I said, I haven't been around for the past year so I haven't seen what you've complained about. :P lol

Good to know I'm not the only one though.

CMYK
Old Posted 08-10-2013, 04:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #137  
You aren't but most of us are too afraid to say it. Hell half of Staff is too busy or doesn't get on a talk to the users so we don't know that they are on. I am slowly pulling away from the site and it sucks but with no one to talk to that I can't talk to on Skype or other sites I feel no reason to donate any more.
And... I want to say a lot more on the subject but it would call out names of staff members.
Old Posted 08-10-2013, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
That's a huge problem! Members are too afraid to post their feelings about the site? I know most people don't like hearing criticism but it's necessary.

So my question is, why are members too afraid to state their opinions?

I mean, just reading through this thread I see a lot of excuses. As a staff member, if you don't have time for Trisphee, then stop sticking around and giving the impression that you do. If I were a new member and I looked at the staff list, I would assume there'd be a lot of stuff going on.

I just don't know. I don't want to sound like I'm just randomly showing up and ripping on Trisphee because I really enjoyed my time here and wish it would succeed. But apparently something is not working because it doesn't seem to be moving forward.

CMYK
Old Posted 08-10-2013, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #139  
Alrighty, there has been a lot of talk already in this thread about issues Tris is having, and believe me, I've read it all, some parts more than once!

Taiki, you are absolutely right in saying it doesn't seem like we've been moving forward at all. I'm personally ashamed of our issues getting events and things out, and I'm hoping that with recent changes I've been making with fellow staffers behind the scenes, we'll stick to the deadlines we have this time. There is an event coming and another in the planning stages. It won't by any means make up for this ridiculous break we've had between, but I honestly hope it's the start of us getting on a reliable event schedule.

As much as I want to get the shops reorganized, I need a coder to put some time and love into that, which we haven't managed to make happen. I know it doesn't make up for that, either, but this past month or so, we've been putting in serious work into finally having our commons' colors updated, and are working up a nice batch of brand new commons to go with it all.

I, for one, have always been for hearing what users have to say. We can't always use the ideas y'all come up with, and unfortunately not everything that's an issue has an easy fix, but it's important for us to figure out what we need to have at the top of our list to make happen. I can also understand why users might be afraid to give their opinions, but I want y'all to understand that we do listen and it does help.

Yes, we're having a hard time right now. But so long as we still have users working with us, we will get back on our feet. Changes will happen. I have nothing but gratitude for the users that have stuck around and helped us despite all of this.

Old Posted 08-10-2013, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Art Meiser
I have to agree with both. as well. I don't know why people are afraid to talk. And while I have had little time for trisphee because I have been working a crap load. I still made time to pixel a monthly and get some stuff done for the site. I have been working close to 70 hours a week and I still make time to check trisphee and to pixel. And I put my own money into the site to make sure some people still get paid. I have to much love for this site to let it fail and I somehow make time for it even if its not as much as I'd like it to be. Yes I will flat out admit, I am busy, thats not really so much an excuse as saying thats why I haven't been pixeling that much lately. But I still make time here, and what users have to say is really important. I pretty much stepped down from making a bunch of decisions on trisphee and put it in the hands of people who were here every day for it when I can't be. But I have to agree that trisphee needs people that are here everyday and work for it everyday. I am trying to get to a point where I can do more and I am not just sorry and ashamed that we aren't doing as good as I'd like, but that I don't have time to step in and do everything either. I do feel responsible for things not getting done, and I really do need more people who can step in and keep to deadlines, step in and help, people who care for Trisphee like I do.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 08-11-2013, 06:08 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #141  
taiki, you have said words that couldn't be truer and i am grateful they were said

and thankyou gall for giving us this update
Old Posted 08-11-2013, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Fen it feels as though your words came straight from the heart, it's really touching!

Old Posted 08-11-2013, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #143  
While I know it does hurt the staff to have to delay item releases there is only so much you guys can do. Work and lives come first, and this is especially true in the current economy.

My view on the staff is that there seems to be a lack of communication despite some of the announcements. Even just a routine (like monthly, bi-monthly, weekly, whatever) sort of thing. Perhaps do it monthly like a "State of the Site" sort of thing. Could include things such as: some of the projects in the works (even just having barely enough detail to whet the appetite), status of the site overall, etc.

I can also guess that there is a lack of oversight or management due to the fact that Fen works so much, Suze has been sick, and Mizzy has been likewise preoccupied. Yeah...I don't have much to say other than maybe some power needs to be delegated and/or more people are trained and "brought into the fold" so to speak.

Personally, I enjoy the stories for the events and the backstory as a whole. An idea to take that a little further would be to perhaps tie in little short stories or pieces of the larger plot in between events so as to keep users intrigued.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 08-12-2013, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
@ Gallagher, well you seem like you want to get things done, so I look forward to the changes that you are trying to push out. :] I hope that you guys can get Trisphee going in the right direction. Thanks for taking the time to reply and give an update!

CMYK
Last edited by Taiki; 08-20-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old Posted 08-20-2013, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote