Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Cool The Twilight Zone   #1  
*looks to the left and right* :D Anybody?
.......anybody? >u>; ....ehh? Ehh? <u<;
Just me?
,_,

Typically I'm alone with this topic even though the Twilight Zone is arguably one of the most classic, memorable and well written shows of all time...and a lot of people have seen an episode or two...or three...
Or in my case, @-@ all 5 seasons of the 156 episode saga which I own on blu-ray and worship like a divine artifact of sacred glory.~

But, ehh.. I don't expect to get much of a response here. :/ But I do love surprises. ouo Will someone surprise me with a favorite episode??
Or maybe a question about the show they want to know??? OuO OR! Someone who has more extensive knowledge offering ME a piece of triva???? 0u0 anybody?
:D aaaa?~ *curls up in excitement like a lunatic*

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-18-2018, 05:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I've watched probably....6-10 episodes and have been meaning to get back into it. I actually really enjoy The Twilight Zone quite a bit, I just keep forgetting it is available for me to watch...
Old Posted 12-18-2018, 03:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3  
^-^ Luckily most of the episodes are on Netflix, yes! Except season 4, which is omitted. :/ The season 4 episodes are much longer than the other season's (almost) half-hour episodes, clocking in at typically an hour each. But nevertheless, many of the season 4 episodes were really good! 8) Which episodes stood out to you? Or did you enjoy them all in general?

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-18-2018, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed

0w0

Okay, I know I shouldn't let my expectations get too high, and I should take a chill pill or two, -n- and tell myself, "It's just a TV show, no big deal," and all that, and maybe just prepare to be moderately enjoyed as I predict I might be...

...but LOOK AT THIS! QcQ It looks amazing! I'm getting all giddy hopping up and down while the hair on my backside sticks right on end!

<Xc I don't mean to be this excited and I don't know if anyone really cares, but it's the Twilight Zoneeeee~ ;~; *sparkle sparkle* It's my favorite show ever and I can't wait for this classic series, made into a modern re-adaptation to be released! I am just so excite. All the excite. I can't wait, and it's coming the first of April, which is my birthday month! <xD Aaaaaaa! (Though I hope it's not a prank as it's on April Fools Day but c'mon..) C'mon! It's the Twilight Zone! <x'D It's too epic to be a prank!

Is anyone else excited??! ;W; Anyone? Anyone?? *jittery with over-excitement*

Old Posted 02-23-2019, 02:32 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
Is "Terror at 40 0000 Feet" or whatever number it is The Twilight Zone or Outer Limits? It was black and white. I mostly remember that one because I saw it after the Simpson's did their spoof. It's surprising how creepy a guy in a fur suit on a plane wing can be.
Old Posted 02-26-2019, 04:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed

Nightmare at 20,000 ft yes! Probably most recognized written work of Richard Matheson. (Unfortunately, because he wrote some other great stuff..)

:D That is a season 5 episode. With William "Captain Kirk" Shatner.
It's a popular episode parodied and referenced. -u-
Also was included as a modern re-telling in The Twilight Zone movie. >.> As a gremlin that was much creepier looking.

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 03-07-2019 at 01:09 AM.
Old Posted 02-26-2019, 02:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #7  
I'ts been quite some time since I last watched the Twilight Zone. I know I have seen about two seasons worth but at the moment I can't remember what my favourite episode was cause there was several really good ones. Maybe the one with the nice old man that was told he was going to go to hell? Or maybe I'm misremembering...
Old Posted 02-26-2019, 05:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Are you thinking perhaps the episode called The Hunt? :o
That sounds similar to what you described. :)

It's about an old man who goes raccoon hunting with his dog and they end up drowning and dying, but don't know they're dead. He then is almost tricked into walking into hell thinking it was heaven instead. I kinda spoiled it there a little bit, but it's a good episode if you haven't seen it or seen it lately.
:\ Was that the one you were thinking of?

Old Posted 02-26-2019, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #9  
Apparently the one I'm thinking of was the second episode "One for the Angels". I thought it was later on in the series, guess it didn't help I watched them out of sequence sometimes XD
Old Posted 02-26-2019, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Ohhhh! Haha xD That's season 1 yeahhh. That one's a nice one. <:) Where the old salesman encounters Mr. Death. Yeah watching them all in order isn't typically what anyone does, x}
buuut it's an anthology series so, there's not really a necessary order anyway. :D You can watch any episode you want in the order you want.

Old Posted 02-26-2019, 07:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #11  
Oh! Oh, I keep meaning to see about CBS All Access, which appears to be the only way to see this as well as the new Star Trek series.
Old Posted 03-31-2019, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm still wondering I ought to look at some of the newer X-Files. I was watching this sort of stuff at about the same time. Pretty sure The Twilight Zone was on a retro channel though, in the middle of the night.

We did go on the Hollywood Tower Hotel "Tower of Terror" ride in Florida as MGM Studios. I actually went on it twice because I wanted a better photo. Alas, I didn't put my arms up fast enough the second time around, or we would have had our whole row (and our row) with our hands in the air.

I recall one other thing that may have been either OL or TZ (the third thing I recall I know is OL). It was a situation where a rich guy offers to swap his life with a dirt poor guy who has a family. They swap lives for a while and poor guy decides that he totally wants rich guy's life but oops, he dies that night because rich guy's wife was out to kill him and rich guy knew it.
Old Posted 03-31-2019, 11:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #13  
<x} Hmmm that sorta sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock presents kind of episode hehehe! But that's probably OL.

Despite me liking the Twilight Zone a mega bunch, I was always too scared to ride the Tower of Terror (the one that was here in Anaheim at California Adventure). >W>; Because I really hate sudden drops..from..up high..I can't handle that feeling..not even from 10 feet off the ground, ehehe. But I got to see how the ride was, thanks to rider footage on youtube. :] I would've really liked it I think..if I could handle it. x'D

Old Posted 04-01-2019, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
The killer is that it's not just one drop. It keeps going. After the wee little coaster ride down the hallway with the stars, the place lights up to reveal a wall. Then down you go.

And then you bounce, and go up even further. It stops again. The doors open and you have a lovely view of the park. There's a big "clunk" and then down you go again.

And then you bounce. Again. Back up to the window, and it hits the highest point, but no stopping this time, and you just fall back down. And then you're done.

There's a grate below your feet so the air runs through.
Old Posted 04-01-2019, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #15  
eWe yeeeehhhh that'd be terrifying to me, heheeheh! That's what the one in Disneyland California Adventure did too.
<x'} I can hardly handle all the exciting rides I loved to ride as a girl anymore! I just get way too anxious and breathless. <:} *sigh* which is a shame..Oh well, at least I'll have memories!

Old Posted 04-01-2019, 01:26 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Well, that was ...maybe, oh god nearly 20 years ago? ack!
Old Posted 04-01-2019, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
being a fanatic, classic tv, series, the twilight zone, twilight zone