Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default Tetris   #1  
I've always been good at Tetris. I got my start on the Game Boy in... I think it was 1992? I got into TetriNET around 2000; a friend of mine was, at the time, the champion of a Chicago city Tetris tournament. and I was able to beat him with some effort. When I'm really pushing hard at it I can sustain somewhere around 90 PPM. I'm not anywhere close to being among the best in the world, but my Arena ranking in Tetris Friends is low Platinum-tier.

And now Tetris 99 has come out on Nintendo Switch.

https://twitter.com/codahighland/sta...999040/video/1

I think I'm doing pretty well so far!
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-17-2019, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Tetris is my favorite game of all time!!!
I remember playing with handheld tetris while everyone else had gameboys |D
Old Posted 02-17-2019, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3  
I like Tetris. :] It's a great classic game!
I'm not very good at it. I was never really good at it. <x}
But on Kinsaki, the previous avatar community I was part of, :D the site builders included a version of Tetris in their games and could earn site monies for playing, and the higher you scored the more you got! Of course I got a good amount, but I could only play for points once a day.
It even played the old Tetris themes. ^-^

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-18-2019, 01:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
I enjoy a bit of tetris every so often, if I'm honest.
Old Posted 02-18-2019, 01:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #5  
I tried Tetris 99 on the Switch. :} It is fun! I'm no good at it but it's fun!
X] hehe, my best is 12th place out of 100 I think. <:} So...I'm not good at it but I'm not terrible?? *shruuu-uug?*

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-20-2019, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Ahem. That is all.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-21-2019, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Ahem. That is all.
:D Ah omg! I remember that! I didn't remember what the video was called but thanks Espy for finding it! <xp

Old Posted 02-21-2019, 09:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I don't think I ever knew the title, but my boss when I worked for Google decided to throw it up on the big TV in the office one time. XD

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-22-2019, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #9  
>X} "I am the man who arranges the bloks!"

Old Posted 02-22-2019, 03:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I don't think I ever knew the title, but my boss when I worked for Google decided to throw it up on the big TV in the office one time. XD
Your...your boss wouldn’t happen to have been a CMU alumni, would they?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-23-2019, 12:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #11  
Oh, forgot about this too. <x} Holy hell this sketch is 9 years old!
"Line Piece!"

Old Posted 02-23-2019, 02:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Your...your boss wouldn’t happen to have been a CMU alumni, would they?
I haven't the foggiest. I have my doubts but it's not impossible. Why do you ask?

EDIT: Re: "line piece" -- I would have put the first of those line pieces horizontally on the right and used the next three to fill the gaps on the left. Problem solved.

Old Posted 02-23-2019, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
EDIT: Re: "line piece" -- I would have put the first of those line pieces horizontally on the right and used the next three to fill the gaps on the left. Problem solved.
8< I am a noob at Tetris after all.. haha xD you are clearly more experienced with Tetris than I could ever be! :] And I've played Tetris in my childhood. Then again, I'm pretty much a novice at best anyways, because I don't have very much by means of block-solving skills to begin with, ahah! I love puzzle games but I suck at them too. >u>;

You ever play, Bejeweled?

Old Posted 02-23-2019, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Yeah, I'm not a huge Bejeweled fan. I prefer more dynamic puzzle games, like Puzzle and Dragons. Imagine Bejeweled, except instead of switching two pieces around for your move, you can pick up a piece and drag it around, switching it with each piece along the way in turn, and then when you let go of the piece it triggers any 3-in-a-row matches on the board.

Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCX-Tz8KpXE (Why yes it is an old game. It's the game that defined the modern mobile RPG genre.)

Old Posted 02-23-2019, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #15  
:] Hmm, kind of like Chuzzle then. Chuzzle was a game like that except you could only move rows of fluffy Chuzzles either horizontally or vertically to match colors.

Old Posted 02-24-2019, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I played Chuzzle for a while back in the day. Chuzzle is kinda like Yoshi's Cookie.

Old Posted 02-24-2019, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote