Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The only Prof. of Fizzyology
Default   #33  
There's been several books that made me cry, I just can't exactly name any of them except the Harry Potter one where Dumbles died D: I was so angry TT_TT

Click to go to Quest Thread ---v

Member since Nov. 4th 2010
Old Posted 05-23-2011, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I cried when I read Marley and Me.
I love animals; it makes me sad whenever one dies.
I can't even read books that have animals in them because I know they die.
I just can't do it. D:

Found this old gem from the Taskal War xD

Please, call me Annie. <3

My saved avatar back before we had items with color and things glitched when you equipped them.... o-o
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...atarglitch.png
Old Posted 05-24-2011, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #35  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Yes. Homeland, the part where Zaknafien is crying because believes Drizzt has become a killer like every drow child is doomed to be. I could even find the line, I`m sure.
I don't think I cried then, but I cried a few other times in the series. I cried when Cadderly died and became the ghost king, for sure. I cried when Pikel lost his arm. I think I even cried when Cattie-Brie died, even though I hated her (I think I cried more for Regis going and getting himself dead with her).
very emotional series, yar.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 05-24-2011, 04:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
At the edge of the book Bridge to Terabithia At the very end when the girl dies looking for the main character. Since I read the book after watching the movie... I sort of knew it happened... But still.
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 05-24-2011, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaryon View Post
At the edge of the book Bridge to Terabithia At the very end when the girl dies looking for the main character. Since I read the book after watching the movie... I sort of knew it happened... But still.
That book is on my list of Books to Never Read. Watching that movie didn't make me cry, but it made me ill and completely ruined my day when I watched it. I won't deny that it's a good movie, and probably a good book, to evoke that kind of reaction, I just don't have any overpowering desire to induce severe depression on myself.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-24-2011, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Yeah. I was really out of it for nearly two days after reading it. Not counting the end, it was an amazing book.
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 05-24-2011, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #39  
1984 was a crazy book, but i dont know if it made me cry cry maybe be sad?
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Shadow Fox
The Book Beastly made me cry a little. To see how depressed and and unloved Kyle/Adrian gets when his dad dumps him in some other house to be locked away with a maid and BLIND tutor? I'd cried at that... yup.
*~Act like your strong and you will go a far distance. Believe that your strong and world is yours!~*
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #41  

I didn't really cry...I just teared up when a character died in the third book of rick riordan's percy jackson series...

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 03:40 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
I don't think I cried then, but I cried a few other times in the series. I cried when Cadderly died and became the ghost king, for sure. I cried when Pikel lost his arm. I think I even cried when Cattie-Brie died, even though I hated her (I think I cried more for Regis going and getting himself dead with her).
very emotional series, yar.
Didn't read that far into the series. I stopped after The Hunter's Blades trilogy. Kinda done with Drizzt and crew by then. I did hear about pretty much everyone dying though.

I read Bridge to Terabithia in school, and for that reason I never bothered watching the movie. I remember it being a sad book but can't remember if I cried at all. I don't recall that she was looking for the main character though. I though she was playing in their secret place by herself because the boy for whatever reason wouldn't come that day.
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #43  
...I think I cried tears of joy when I finished Salvatore's Ghost King. About damned time he killed someone off, though, it seemed almost as if he was reacting to that criticism of his books and went a bit overboard, killing cast-members left and right.

Of course, he's pretty much cleansed the palette with his latest book and is working with a whole new cast of characters now. Not that that's doing him any favors...
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 11:36 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I hated about half the main characters in that series including Drizzt himself. but I love Jarlaxle, Entreri, and all the Cleric Quintet characters.
I struggled through a bunch of his books, especially the one that was all about Wulfgar (I hated him most). but I ate up the Cleric Quintet in no time at all. I also cried when the wizard chick blew herself up in the ...the last one of those. I can't keep them all straight since I read them from the giant collector's edition all bound in one book.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 05-25-2011, 02:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #45  
Oh, well, you might like his new trilogy that he's working on, as

Gauntlgrym Spoiler
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Man from Mars
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
I believe the book you are talking about Lucid, is Spine of the World after Wulfgar comes back from hell and it wierded out for a while. I didn't like that book either though I liked Wulfgar in his earlier days and post depressive spazz. I was generally not a 'fan' of the characters besides Drizzt, but then, I was 14 and angsty at the time I read Homeland so naturally I would like his character. It was the also the first fantasy book I had ever read so this whole elf thing was totally new to me.

I read the odd short story about Drizzt as well and one of the ones I liked was one about an educated goblin slave who's in a situation very much like Drizzt in that he's special among his race, but being a goblin, no one cares.
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Plenty, The Lord of The Rings, Last of the Mohicans to name a few. Others I'm sure that just aren't coming to mind, but ja.
Old Posted 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM Reply With Quote