Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #33  
"I said don't be a bunch of daft toads, woman," Tanya growled. "I think we should poison that beast of theirs before that cook gets her hands on it. See how many of 'em eat themselves to death. You've got something around that'll do the job, don't you?"

Old Posted 11-02-2017, 12:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
She has to admit, she likes the woman's attitude. It helps remind her that, sometimes, the cautious approach isn't always warranted. And judging by the frustration her son has been exhibiting all day, Ulysses probably agrees.

Even still, "That sounds like a tall order, Tans. And the end of us, should it fail." Not to mention, it'd take her more than the couple hours they have to cook up a brew like she's asking for. "I agree we should do something, but that's too much, too soon."

Marl: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 = 19

Ulysses' eyes narrow on his mother. "If your witchcraft isn't up to the task, just say so. Regardless, I doubt the guards will be partaking of the feast, and they're the real impediment. What else could we strike?"
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #35  
Knowledge: Local 1d20+5(+2 circumstance) = 25)

"No," Felix states, agreeing with Ulysses about the guards. "But they will be around the mansion. Laurent will not be present in any respect. He has no patience for Casper's parties."

He consider's the potential for poison. "I'm no chef, but I expect the boar is already on the spit."
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 11-02-2017 at 01:34 AM.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Tanya: Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 = 8

The idea of her plan being 'too much' only seemed to validate Tanya's opinion of it. Surely there would be no enjoyment in it if killing the lot of them went too easily. It was too brilliant.

She ignored Felix' addition.

"What, then, should we do? I'll not see a night like this squandered, if I have to take it into my own hands to make sure of it."

Old Posted 11-02-2017, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #37  
"Well, since that plan seems like a bust, I might have an idea." Horace pushes himself off the wall from where he was leaning. He is rather more composed since his earlier breakdown. And after what those bastards did to Dalton, he's as keen as the rest of them to do some damage. He really hadn't been that bad of a guy, Dalton... sure, he was a bit dense, liked to drink more than he probably he should, didn't exactly come up with the best plans, but that didn't mean they'd had to... had to... no! No more crying!

The bard wipes at his nose irritably as he speaks."Now, I don't know much about assassinations or whatever you guys are planning, but wouldn't getting us some weapons be a good step? Maybe some armor, too?"

Horace: Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 7 = 19

"That dork Lanius is sure to be at the party -- he can't shut up at the inn about how inner-circle he is with Casper. So, while he's out, we could just, I don't know, maybe Tanya clocks ol' Harper 'bout the head and we make off with the finest blades in town."

Horace: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 = 18

Lanius had never liked Dalton. He wonders if the smith's son had anything to do with getting his friend hanged. Best not, for his sake, if Horace ever gets his hands on him.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 02:14 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Tanya: Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 = 20

Tanya took a long moment to look the bard over after his little rant, then shifted her weight, crossed her arms, and scoffed. "Come up with that while you were sobbing, did you?"

Old Posted 11-02-2017, 02:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #39  
Marl: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 = 10

"Leave the kid be, Tans. He's had a hard day. And that sounds like a damned good plan, to me. This old brand of mine has seen better days." She pats her saber for emphasis. "Harper's a gnarled old bastard, though, tough as iron. He gets wind of what we're up to, he's like as not to come swinging with that hammer of his as run for the guards."

Marl: Diplomacy: 1d20 -1 = 16
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 02:38 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Sense motive: 1d20+9 = 18

"Arms are welcome for those who want them, but with half the town at a party, the list of suspects would be rather short once someone finds out what happened to Harper."

Felix thinks for a moment.

"You might have an easier time getting weapons from Harper if you just asked him to loan you some so you could teach Lanius something of swordplay."
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 11-02-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 02:39 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #41  
Tanya: Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 = 31

"It sounds to me like Ulysses was right about you and your poisons, Marl. Won't make use of the boar, unhappy with the weapons you have, scared of what an old man might do. What's next, we need a good night's sleep before we do anything?"

Old Posted 11-02-2017, 02:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Ulysses: Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 0 = 2

After listening and considering, as is his wont, Ulysses clears his throat, rising from his seat and tossing his hair back.

"This squabbling is pointless, Tanya. I can think of few flaws in Horace's plan, and if all goes well, we can move against them soon, from a much stronger position."

Ulysses: Diplomacy: 1d20 +7 = 26

Everyone has fallen silent to listen to him.

"I may not remember this Harper from my youth, but I know men and their fears. If it comes to it, Sicarius and I will deal with him."

His dark eyes flick to the abrasive woman one final time. "You will not speak to my mother in that tone again."

Ulysses: Intimidate: 1d20 +3 = 19

His glare lingers a moment longer, and then shifts to Felix, briefly, finally addressing the man's words. "A fine idea, if we wished to go into battle with blunt feders and wooden wasters. Alas, I prefer keen, hardened steel, if this Harper is even smith enough to forge it. We'll see, I suppose."
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 03:00 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #43  
"You might need to re-acquaint yourself with Harper's opinion of his son."
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 03:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Ulysses looks to Felix with a quizzical eye, but elects not to pursue the question.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #45  
Tanya: Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 = 10

Something about Ulysses' support of the plan — at least, something about it after Tanya had taken a moment to look his sturdy form — seemed to soothe her qualms with it, enough that she didn't add another argument.

Tanya: Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 = 19

Though the remark concerning Marl was another matter entirely. "Maybe if you acted like you had the least bit of respect for the woman, others would follow suit. Or at least be more interested in your opinion on the matter."

Old Posted 11-02-2017, 03:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
The soldier draws a deep breath. "While I may not always agree with her methods, I will not accept that there is a sharper, cannier woman in Archon than Iron Marl. I submit to her leadership of... whatever it is that we are."

The old woman sighs heavily from across the room. "We're wasting time on this, it's nearly dusk. If we're going to strike, it has to be soon. Let's decide who's doing what." She eyes them each in turn. "I know best what we need, so I'll be spear-heading, we need a look-out and muscle to carry the haul back here."

"I'll be taking Sicarius on an evening jaunt around the village,"
Ulysses confirms. "Suspiciously close to the blacksmith's home. If any unexpected surprises head our way, I'll do what I can do ward them off."

"Maybe I'll take a look through Lanius' stuff while we're there, see if I can't dig up some dirt." Horace is desperately attempting to contribute.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 03:19 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
Felix addresses Ulysses, sounding slightly more serious than he has for most of the 'meeting.' "I can keep a look out well enough. It might serve everyone better if you were at the armory. I have no skill with weapons, and wouldn't know what was worth taking."
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 03:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
"So, you'd like to take Sicarius then?" Ulysses is somehow at once serious and mocking of the waifish man.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 11-02-2017, 03:37 AM Reply With Quote