Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #17  
Then having artificial eyes would have nothing to do with it?

EDIT: Dammit, now I want to draw, but I should really go to sleep.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I don't think mortals are meant to survive it. :P

The four cherubim literally route the entire host of fallen angels once God unleashes them in Paradise Lost. It's kind of unfair, really.

Espy, yeah, it makes more sense that way I think.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #19  
Oh boy. I don't think Diogenes, Lev, and Dante are gonna get along too well.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Lev Gurevich, Lev of Tsavo

Height: 6'
Weight: 198
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Build: Muscular

Spiritual Presence: Average.
Psychic Presence: Poor. No psychic capability.
Combat Ability: High. Is proficient with varying small arms and guerrilla combat tactics. While not being formally trained in hand to hand combat, Lev is especially dangerous in close quarters due to his lack of self preservation, going as far to tear and rip away the flesh of his foes using hands and teeth if need be. He is also a walking arsenal.
Arcane Knowledge: Deficient. Non existent.
Mechanical Aptitude: High. Is quite capable of maintaining his equipment in the field, and has technical knowledge of some types of vehicles.

Other: Able to withstand nearly inhuman amounts of punishment. Recovers from wounds at nearly supernatural speeds. Has basic first aid and medical knowledge, and is able to perform surgery on himself when needed. Not formally educated. Speaks with varying skill in English, Swahili, and Russian.

Cannibalistic. Psychotic. Speaks to something known as "Na'lsa" that only he can hear. Sees things that are simply not there.

Possessions:

1x M9130 Mosin-Nagant. Long range bolt action chambered in 7.62x54Rmm, designed in 1893. Stamped 1942, Izhvek Arsenal. For it's age, it is in great condition. Houses 5 rounds in the fixed magazine. Bayonet makes it an impressively long weapon.

1x AKS-74U. Submachine gun chambered in 5.45x39mm. Rounds tumble when entering flesh, splitting apart and pin-balling inside the target body. Accepts detachable 30-round magazines.

1x TT-33 Tokarev pistol. A WW2-era sidearm, chambered in 7.62x25mm. Houses 8 rounds and is able to penetrate most standard body armor, at the exchange over penetrating most soft targets at reduced bodily damage.

1x Henry AR-7 US Survival Rifle. Chambered in .22. This small rifle is lightweight (2 lbs.), has a teflon coating, floats, is semi-automatics, and breaks down in to three pieces that store inside the stock. When broken down, this weapon can be stored inside a backpack. Holds 3 magazines inside the stock. Each magazine houses 8 rounds.

1x CZ-82. Backup pistol. Chambered 9x18.

1x CZ-83. Backup pistol. Chambered .380

1x Rock Island 1911. Backup pistol. Chambered .45.

1x Taurus Model 617T Ultra-Lite. Backup revolver. Houses 7 rounds of .357. Weighs less than 1lb when unloaded.

1x Ruger Mk II Target. Backup Pistol. Chambered .22.

1x Taurus Judge. Backup Revolver. Chambered for .410 Gauge Shotshells, .45 Long Colt, .45 ACP, and .454 Casull.

1x Flare Gun.

1x Sewing kit. Needle, thread, alcohol.

1x Kevlar vest.

1x Hand crank flashlight.

1x Bowie Knife.

1x 'Compact Knife'. Small knife worn as a necklace under the shirt, able to be pulled out from under clothing from the necklace-sheath for quick defense.

100x 7.62x54Rmm "Armor-Piercing" rounds.

400x 5.45x39mm rounds.

400x .22 rounds.

64x 7.62x25mm rounds.

60x 9x18mm rounds.

60x .380 rounds.

50x .357 Magnum.

30x .410 Gauge Personal Defense shotshells.

70x .45ACP rounds.

25x .454 Casull rounds.

12x Flares.

Biography:

Lev Gurevich was born to two Russians on a missionary trip to Kenya. Born mere days before the end of the world, him surviving his childhood should be considered a miracle. That's where his fortune stops.

All of Africa broke out in to conflict during his formative years, and his parents were swept in to it. His mother sold in to slavery and his father murdered, Lev was forced to participate as a child soldier in the conflicts that swept the continent. He had his first kill (pronounced 'murder' by some) when he was just five years old. Lev learned how to become efficient. He learned combat, war, how to kill and not be killed. He learned to subsist, to excel in conditions that claimed many of his weaker peers. He learned how to hide among the mounds of rotting bodies, how to survive off of them for days, weeks even while those around him starved. And that's where he met his one and only (imaginary) friend.

Na'lsa.

Na'lsa was something Lev could speak to. More importantly, Na'lsa spoke to him. He taught Lev how to survive. How to be silent. How to approach an unsuspecting person and collapse their throat with his jaws before the victim could cry out. How to kill with just his body, like every animal before him. Na'lsa was a comfort. A voice in his ear, a warning for what was around the corner. A voice pushing him on beyond the physical limits of his body, pulling back the boy from death's door. Lev did as Na'lsa said, and Lev survived.

And Lev grew.

He survived childhood, and 'prospered' as much as one could as an adult. As organized militaries collapsed, he became a free man. Conflict did not stop however, and neither could Lev. He murdered, stole, and at times devoured his way across the continent. Destroying those weaker and working for those who were stronger, he forged a name for himself. But behind the twisted prestige he earned, there were whispers. Whispers of an unheard voice, rumors of a muttering mercenary that would leave a shadow of death over the land he walked, of a madman who conversed with demons. Demon or not, Na'lsa had played a large hand in the person Lev became. Still a voice in the back of his head, but a commanding voice. An insane voice. One that rambles about nothing, but all of it makes sense to the broken psyche of a man who feeds on his own kind.

Personality:

Lev is dead on the inside. He sees conflict, survival, and not much else. Speaks as if waiting to die, and speaks in 'gallows humor' as if it is merely stating fact. Emotionally detached, and will do anything to survive. Be it traveling in a group, or eating said group to stay alive. In the back of his head he feels that he has a purpose, but that purpose has not been made clear to him. He finds comfort in small or odd things, and finds eating of all things to be a relief to his problems.

However, Lev's mind is essentially broken. At times he will laugh maniacally at jokes that no one has said. He will say random sentences as if replying to parts of a conversation. He will whisper about being 'hungry'. And at times during extreme mental stress, he will become completely unhinged. Madness takes Lev, and he enters a rage that causes him to lose all self-preservation. His madness varies from shouting at some 'being' and running headlong in to danger to a quiet, cautionary predator that kills with hands and teeth alone. During these times he is unable to be reasoned with, and must be left to run his course. During these 'episodes', he rarely remembers anything that he does.

Lev should not be left alone with anyone considered 'defenseless' if it is suspected that he may enter an 'episode'.
Last edited by Salone; 08-31-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 06:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #21  
Sorry that took so long. I had a long time of attempting to figure out how I wanted to steer the character, and how I wanted to use Na'lsa. More on how to maintain him having a hand in the story while making sure Lev doesn't take a backseat this time.

And on how to maintain maximum amounts of creepy.

And you're right Espy. They probably won't get along. That'll be the fun part!
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 06:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Oh god, I somehow didn't even consider Na'lsa with the whole "is a human supremacist" background. That's... going to be interesting. I'll sure we'll work something out. :P

But yeah, Diogenes is a lot different from Shealtiel who was more or less completely amoral and academically fascinated by things like Na'lsa. This guy has a twisted honor code that he lives and dies by (and nevermind the cognitive dissonance that he's abandoned his faith and yet serves a high priest with absolute loyalty. Though to be fair, I think there's a prevailing sentiment among the movement that it's humanity's destiny to fill the wake of God and transcend their mortal origins.)

But yeah, Lev might honestly need to beat him into submission. :P

Also, just a thought Salone, I know you want to make Na'lsa more ambiguous this time, but at least the old version would have had a higher spiritual presence, I think, as it covers resistance to attacks on the spiritual plane.

And for his combat ability, I think we can use that as a baseline for the high end of what PCs can do, but the durability and regeneration would be part of it. His combat skills on their own would only rank as High, I think. No need to move stuff around, though, it's obvious enough.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #23  
Trying to figure out what Dante's combat skill would rank as.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-31-2013, 06:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
My first thought was moderate, but I can't remember how much his blindness impairs him. I guess I can try a basic breakdown.

Deficient: Absolutely no combat experience, likely to succumb to fear and be unable to fight
Poor: Generally knows how to throw a punch/shoot a gun, easily overcome by anyone who actually knows what they're doing
Moderate: Can handle themselves well in a fight, knows a few tricks that supplement their fighting style
High: Trained killer, conditioned for all forms of combat.
Extreme: Killing machine, the sort of badass you'd need an entire group of moderates or an army of poors to have any chance against.

Does that help at all? Should I do the same for the other categories?
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #25  
Oh, and Salone, one question (I forget if we ever covered this), how did Lev get to Europe? Because if he trekked up through the holy land, he is seriously, seriously hardcore to make it through their alive on his own (not to mention the radiation....).
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
While I would love to write some semi-hallucinatory experience about how "Na'lsa carried him when he could no longer walk", I am honestly not sure. The best I can say is that he made his way to Morocco, crossed over in to Spain, and made his way eastward.

And yeah, I'll amend his stats. You've got serious points.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 07:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #27  
Coolness.

And such a scene would indeed be awesome.

I can't even imagine how much weight in weaponry and munitions Lev must be carrying. Man is a beast.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 08:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
I actually own/have owned a majority of these weapons. 5.45 is extremely lightweight, and 500 rounds of .22 weighs about two pounds. He's...well he's muscular. I forgot to mention clothes/appearance. He wears a tattered one-piece flight suit under his trench coat, which has its various pockets packed full of his things. Duster and backpack as well. Helps with weight distribution.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 08:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #29  
Forgot about the trench coat :P

So, how do we want to play this out in terms of getting the group together? Presumably Ei'lycia and Diogenes are least acquainted if she's been hanging out in Zach's HQ, though he might creep her out a little if she's ever tried to talk to him. Are Dante and Lev offering mercenary services for all the dirty work Zaccheus doesn't want to waste his own men on? He can certainly pay well...

Other ideas?
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
I'm alright with that. Lev's kind of a drifter at this point. Will take whatever comes his way.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #31  
Did someone mention money?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Money?! Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. My followers are rewarded in the currency of salvation.

Salvation, of course, in the form of a dispensation of lead, steel, and napalm. :P

Or, you know, a really cool psychic video game or something if for some reason you *don't* want access to his armory. :D
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:17 PM Reply With Quote