Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #49  
i watched MatPat's theory.

i don't buy it.

Old Posted 01-23-2018, 05:40 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
...I thought we brought up the pictures.

Meh. No really, meh. Possibly because I am the sort of person who would totally stuff all this sort of thing into a game just to see what game theory sorts would draw from it, ultimately having it go nowhere until I decided "why not?"

Better idea? Have the hypothetical related game come out later, like their fifth release or something, as another visual novel dating sim, and then do it again.
I think you missed a capital "C."
Old Posted 01-23-2018, 05:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #51  
If he's right about the characters coming from another game, then it's a fictional game that does not exist and isn't going to exist any time soon, because Dan said Project Libitina is unrelated to the next game. Also, some of the content MatPat is highlighting as being part of the theory is actually fan art that Team Salvato got permission to sell merchandise of, so any hidden meanings there are derived from fan theories themselves instead of being canon material placed there by the author.

@Ari, should I be concerned if I'm being wathed?

And yes, we did bring up the pictures. I even went so far as to describe how I would have figured out that stuff if I hadn't had it spoiled for me.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-23-2018, 09:37 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I just want a little more Monika in my life.
A little bit of Monika on the side.
A little bit of Monika is all I need....

Old Posted 01-23-2018, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
If he's right about the characters coming from another game, then it's a fictional game that does not exist and isn't going to exist any time soon, because Dan said Project Libitina is unrelated to the next game. Also, some of the content MatPat is highlighting as being part of the theory is actually fan art that Team Salvato got permission to sell merchandise of, so any hidden meanings there are derived from fan theories themselves instead of being canon material placed there by the author.
BUT WHAT IF THAT'S JUST WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK, CODA????

*duct-tapes tinfoil hat to head.* YOU CAN'T MAKE ME TAKE IT OFF THIS TIME, GALLA!
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 01-23-2018, 03:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
But speaking of pictures... I have to wonder if some of the glitched pictures contain concealed data. The Sombra ARG for Overwatch did; by comparing the corrupted image's data to the uncorrupted one, you could extract a hidden message. It'll be quite a bit harder in this case because we don't have the original. (Yes, Dan has posted a copy of the original, but it's been resaved so I doubt it's binary-identical.)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-23-2018, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #55  
You mean the ones in game? They're not stored in the game files anywhere? (I have no idea how any of that works)
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-23-2018, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
you gotta dig more info up Coda, I believe in you.

Old Posted 01-23-2018, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #57  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
You mean the ones in game? They're not stored in the game files anywhere? (I have no idea how any of that works)
The specific images I'm talking about are the ones of Monika with distorted color bands. Dan posted the original uncorrupted version online at one point, so I could theoretically determine what changed between the two, but the possibility exists that it's some sort of distortion filter and not ACTUAL data glitching. (It actually looks like that's true at a glance, suggesting there's no hidden data there, but I haven't dug into it.)

Old Posted 01-23-2018, 06:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Dan Salvato did say in the reddit AMA that pretty much everything of significance to be found in the game files had been discovered by that point, but... I also don't really trust anything he says, so, who knows.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-23-2018, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #59  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
I just want a little more Monika in my life.
A little bit of Monika on the side.
A little bit of Monika is all I need....
No. More. Mambo jokes.

They are done now.

There's a political debate going on and I'm more interested in potential intent behind fan art used for theories on a video game.
Old Posted 01-24-2018, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I don't think there is intent, only miscommunication due to incomplete information.

Old Posted 01-24-2018, 12:17 PM Reply With Quote