Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Desolation Denizen
Default   #209  
"Well, go get him! I'm tired." Tsaerri mostly ignores Syrgei, making for the stairs where they came in.

Goddess, what's wrong with me? I think it might be time to crack open that Elonian wine when I get home, maybe after a warm bath. And then never thinking about people I used to know again....

Skaeye glances in the mirror one final time, the effort of dignifying herself as the de facto president of the guild still somewhat foreign to her. She had found the fitted, cornsilk-colored dress, stitched with elegant fleurs in darker marigold, more troublesome to don than her plate armor.

It will have to do. I mustn't keep the envoy waiting.

She was apprehensive about the meeting, knowing next to nothing of Charr culture, all but certain that she'd inadvertently offend her guest. But if they were ever to grow, she would have to become accustomed to such things.

The knight steps out from her solar and makes her way down to the main meeting area of the guild hall. At the first sight of the stranger, she instantly regrets not choosing her armor after all.

She's like to think me some spoiled noble too rich to get myself dirty on the battlefield, inept for command. Balthazar, is that what I'm becoming? No matter, she sees me now. I can only do my best.

Skaeye squares herself, standing as straight as she can before the Charr in her hulking, gruesome armor. "You must be Meleron of the Doom Warband. I'm honored to have such a fierce warrior among us. Skaeye Stratarre at your service, president of the Synod of Gods. Welcome."

She hesitates only slightly as she extends her hand in greeting.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 12-09-2015, 05:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet
Upon Skaeye's entrance, Meleron stands to her full height and gives a sharp salute, holding her clenched fist across her chest to her shoulder. While not overly impressive for a Charr, she still towers over a human, especially one dressed in a fine gown.

"There are no fiercer warriors than Blood Legion, president." Settling back into her customarily-hunched posture, Meleron looks quizzically at the hand extended to her. Uh... She looks at her own gauntleted paw, and tentatively extends it toward Skaeye, steel-sheathed claws parallel with the diminutive human hand.

Meleron looks at Skaeye, not as unimpressed as she might have been had she not already been walking through Divinity's Reach, taking in its decorative gardens and cobbled streets, quaint book carts, and the soldiers [she assumed] marching around in shining armor that looked like it hadn't even seen a training blade.

Looks as delicate as everything else here. So can she fight, or not?
From Quiet.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-12-2015, 04:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #211  
Skaeye gingerly takes one of the Charr's bladed talons between her fingers, shaking her hand gingerly. Flustered, she brushes her hair aside and smooths her dress -- both unnecessary.

"I must apologize, um, Meleron -- is there a title I should be addressing you with? -- I've apparently become a bureaucrat quite without meaning to. Meetings with suppliers, lawyers, other guild representatives, it's been months now since I've unsheathed my sword. I am a knight first and always, though, I swear. May I show you around?"
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-13-2015, 04:02 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Meleron goes along with the motion, gradually understanding the gesture.

The awkwardness of the handshake past, Meleron explains, "all charr are soldiers. In my Legion I am Centurian, but as a member of this guild my rank will be what you decide."

She swings her head to each side, taking in the guild hall. "Yes, I would appreciate a look around."
Old Posted 12-13-2015, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #213  
"I am that which is! I am the beginning of your end! I AM-!"

Dan paused in the middle of bastardizing a quote from another universe, realizing in his assault that his was the only assault taking place. With a shrug of his shoulders he put his pistols away, scampering off to follow the rest of the party.

And what about old Eddy boy? What's he up to?

"I am rather upset!"

Eduardo fumed, putting away his money bag as he followed Tsaerri out.

"I had my first fight and I was completely ignored! As if...As if I hwasn't a danger to any of them! All of their aggressiveness was targeted at everyone else. Hwhy is that, Tsaerri?"

He turned his head, giving her a look of innocent curiosity. Oh boy.
Old Posted 12-18-2015, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
She shrugs, only half-listening to the Sylvari. "They were probably worried about litigation. Your lawyers are way scarier than me, I'd bet." She stops to check behind her if the others are following. "Come on, we should really get out while it's clear. Let's go already."

between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-18-2015, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #215  
Meleron inspects the room that is to be her quarters, the furniture seemingly slightly...dainty, by her standards. There is a rack for her armour, but it would barely fit without the spikes gouging into the wall.

"Mmmmmm, I'll have to commission a few more functional wares."

The sound of the guild door opening distracts here from her survey, and she strides out of her room and back to the main foyer where her new companions have returned, and stands to greet them.
Old Posted 01-10-2016, 11:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Tsaerri sees the laughably-armored cat-beast awaiting them and takes a prompt turn to the left upon entering, heading to take a well-deserved bath. Someone else can deal with that.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-10-2016, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #217  
Meleron sees the delicately styled Mesmer take a sudden turn and away from the rest of the group, her amber eyes looking the human up and down as she walks away. On a mission in that?
Old Posted 01-10-2016, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote