Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #3393  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilvra View Post
Well, once those days come up, it's all about you! make hot cocoa and play music while you clean!
...gonna need to buy cocoa for that...but I like that idea.
Might also attempt some dangerous multitasking and make a small batch of cookies while cleaning. After the kitchen gets cleaned up some. (I mean, really just need to wash a couple spoons and my baking sheet for the most part...and maybe clear off and wipe down my small table so I can take some cute pictures also...
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Mmmmm baking! I need to clean my kitchen this weekend too, I have a ham to make and other stuffs to cook for a pre-Christmas dinner.
Razz | Pansexual | 30 | Genderfluid (She/He/They)!

Hooked on Final Fantasy XIV!
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 09:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3395  
Have legitimately scanned through like 50+ assorted articles on de-cluttering, clever storage and furniture arranging tips for small places (because the total square footage of my apartment is only around 550-600 if my math is right, and that's divided between living room, bedroom, tiny kitchen, tiny bathroom, and a decent closet), but I've lived here for around 6 or 7 years and I kind of want it to start actually feeling like home and not just the place where I sleep.
Starts with a thorough cleaning and de-cluttering (possibly even getting rid of some of my bulkier furniture items and electronics). Then I'll have to asses what look I want and figure out what storage and furniture items I really want/need. This will be the hard part as I am totally clueless with furniture arranging and interior decorating. XP And also because some things (like painting) are not allowed, so I can't do much with certain aspects and areas.
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Send me a link to some of those articles, our apartment's not the biggest and I'd love to help this place feel better!

Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3397  
Er...uh...I didn't actually save any of the links. I just googled stuff like "how to de-clutter" and "how to arrange furniture in a tiny apartment" and then just followed links within some of the resulting articles (mainly from thespruce.com) to other similar articles.
And took screenshots of the ikea storage stuff that I like but might not be able to buy as the nearest ikea store is 2 states away, minumum.
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Oof, there's an Ikea near me but it's hella expensive. <n<

Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3399  
A lot of the storage stuff they were suggesting in the articles was generally in the $25-50 range. It was fairly simple and plain items that could easily be customized with paint or washi tape. So...that appealed to me. If I can buy the stuff online and have it shipped, I might consider that option once I determine my actual storage wants and needs.
They also had a couple of really simple makeshift bike rack (for hanging your bike on the wall to free up floor space I guess?) ideas that I liked and might utilize.
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
I'll shop around the Ikea site lmao. I tend to look at the nice things and not teh stuff that's simple and customizable.

Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3401  
Lol. I'm kinda opposite mostly. I tend to go more simple yet elegant or stuff that can be modified if I need to.
Except for actual furniture like chairs. I am not re-uphostering furniture if I like the style, but not the material.
Although if something looks perfect and isn't too expensive, I have been known to occasionally splurge on items. Like my small stone mosaic topped kitchen table with faux leather covered stools (that have been pretty badly punctured/knicked by Shade who likes to lay on and knead them).
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
I wont lie the nicest thing i ever splurged was a glass coffee table and its a very nice coffee table.

Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3403  
I...actually really want a coffee table. Unfortunately, most don't offer the level of functionality that I require/would like. Because I have a shit ton of yarn and would love something that I could display and store yarn in, but which also is cat-proof because Batty likes to eat my yarns, but also isn't a bitch to get into.
XD
I'm too picky to get a coffee table. XD

Also, I just realized that probably 4 of my 5 storage idea screenshots are basically just different configurations and customizations of the same ikea cabinet.
O.O
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
I wish i could help, however ours is there b/c it looks good as opposed to being functional.

Old Posted 12-15-2018, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3405  
I mean...how it looks in the room is important too...
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Sorry

Old Posted 12-15-2018, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3407  
8D
Was doing a search and found a pretty neat looking terrarium coffee table that (except for a couple little holes (as it is intended for plants) actually would be pretty nice! I could layer yarn cakes in it for a crafty/artsy look! The only downside is that I would have to have it shipped here (which being as it is mostly glass can be pretty risky) and it is around $300, not including shipping costs.
XD
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
De-cluttering in progress! Have removed 99% of everything from the closet. Everything except for the blinds that I took down when I put my curtains up, although some of them are pretty well destroyed and could be tossed, the 2 tubs of Disney ornaments that I love, but don't have a way to decorate with this year, and the suitcase/luggage bits that don't stink of cat spray from a previous, unpleasant, living arrangement, although tbh, I haven't really used the luggage stuff practically since I was given them, so I probably could just get rid of all of it.

Now to sort and put back only essential items...like clothes that I will be keeping and wearing and yarn projects that are in progress because I need to keep Batty from trying to eat them.
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote