Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #1057  
I’m surprised and amused that most people are surprised when I tell them I’m from CA.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 04:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Anyone surprised by that has never been to California, clearly.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1059  
x] In the southwest, I just speak and people know EXACTLY where I'm from. I didn't even know I had an accent until I went to different states. x'D
And yet, yea, ahah sometimes people are genuinely surprised I live in California. <x} ??? Don't know why??

I got asked a whole bunch of stereotypical questions from some girls living in Rhode island once. Kinda opened my eyes to what California sounds like to people who've never been here. <x} Apparently movie stars live everywhere, we all know how to surf and there are Starbucks on every corner and pools in every backyard..oh and when earthquakes happen they're terrifying? But I dispelled the stereotypes and explained where I lived was a little place with more Mexican food, gas stations and maaaybe a minimum of three Starbucks per city in the valley. x]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I think that most people think earthquakes are terrifying due to the fact that they either have never experienced one so their perception is largely based on news and overexaggerated movies or (like myself) they live in an area where earthquakes are very rare, so it actually is terrifying when they occur.
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 05:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1061  
I FINALLY got some kills in Apex Legends. Good grief, my fire accuracy is piss poor.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
@ Kaderin
:/ Yehh, earthquakes are only reported out of region when they're big and devastating like in Japan or Haiti or the Philippines. It isn't at all like how movies portray. And the ones you can feel are typically very short and small, so what's really scary is not knowing when a devastating one will hit and where, since they're unpredictable and super rare.
I'm a kook, so when earthquakes happen I find it kind of cool. o.o Although a lot of other people would be understandably kind of shaken up, (no pun intended) and stuff.

I've only ever once experienced the after affects of a hurricane on the east coast and was told that it wasn't a huge deal since it was "rainy season"...and I was soaked to the bone and blown nearly down a hill for the first time ever. @-@ I didn't get how can a hurricane be shrugged off as just a little storm???1 It was because I'm from the west coast where hurricanes are just not a thing I'm used to. <x} hehe.

In other news, I'm going to dinner tomorrow to celebrate my 'graduation' so, yey? ^-^;

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-14-2019, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1063  
I'm also in CA, yay.

Anyway even if I'm spending Vday away from my love I'm still getting Vday cuddles from my other Valentine, my fluffy meowing valentine. XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-15-2019, 02:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Aww, >w< a kitty cat?

I'm spendin' valentine's night alone, but..with soft blankets and some heart warming tea.~ -w- <3
Sorry no, not heart warming, body warming tea. *nodnod* -.-

Old Posted 02-15-2019, 03:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1065  
Spent Vday with a box of cookies bc food and espy otp

also i guess self care is important
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-15-2019, 07:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
there are Starbucks on every corner
... but... there ARE Starbucks on every corner. Sometimes two.

Seriously, I'm not quite sure why you would have a Starbucks inside the grocery store, and then another one on the corner, but that's how it is at Walnut and Lake in Pasadena, where I used to live.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-15-2019, 11:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1067  
honestly, earthquakes, to me, are just... a lot of shrugging?

I used to volunteer at the Tech Museum (good shit in you’re ever in San Jose), and there’s an earthquake exhibit w a platform that simulates the exact movements of historical eatthquakes. We have the Loma Prieta, Northridge, Hokkaido earthquakes, as well as half a dozen others. Obviously that 8.3 Hokkaido one is the most requested, even though you’re supposed to just let the quakes cycle through in order.

One day, there was this family from Ukraine who tried the 8.3. I made some small talk w them, and after the simulation, they were like, “How can you possibly live in California? Isn’t it scary with all these earthquakes?”

And I had to explain to them that, during my then-seventeen years in Cali, I’ve never sat through anything over a 5.2 magnitude quake. And even that one was barely noticeable. (I was in class, and there was a great cracking sound in the distance and maybe the ground jerked for half a second?) You get to the point where quakes don’t really phase you, you learn to not put fragile items too close to the edge in display cabinets, you have a medkit and small quake package sitting in the storage if you ever need it...

They told me, “but it’s still very scary to us!” And I had to stop myself from blurting out that honestly, I’d be too scared to live in Ukraine.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-15-2019, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yes, a kitty cat. xD <3

Also despite living in CA I have never really felt any of the earthquakes I've been around for. They seem to happen some distance from where I live and aren't big enough to be felt where I am. ._.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-16-2019, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1069  
Awh! <x3 Kitty cats are presh!

:] Yehh same with me about the earthquakes.
Also,

<x} nothing about me at all, but my bro went to a collector's show with his girlfriend and got themselves sketched as caricatures by a Simpson's artist. :D It was cool to see when he brought it back home.

Old Posted 02-17-2019, 03:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Tetris 99 is a lot of fun.

Old Posted 02-17-2019, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1071  
Saw a deer today. XD with antlers. On a hill by the side of the freeway. munching on the grass. Hahaha! Not a zombie deer tho!

Old Posted 02-20-2019, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
My friend has spoiled me with coffee and more coffee and donuts and a new pair of boots that fit really well and actually have tread for walking in the snow!
<3

(And also, I got my application in for a position at a coffee place. So fingers crossed I get a full time job! (Or end up with a third job, idk... xP)
Old Posted 02-26-2019, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote