Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #1009  
I bought a little Christmas tree for myself today! With little lights! I also picked up some ornaments of little critters on sleds. A raccoon and a bunny on toboggans, and a red fox on skis. "Downhill fox" is the best.
Old Posted 11-21-2018, 05:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
XD
So funny thing is....I just bought a tiny tree for Derpy! (And me, but mostly Derpy.) Like...12 hours ago. With some little candy and donut ornaments and tiny candy cane ornaments that I can modify into candy canes and a gumdrop garland!
Probably need more ornaments tbh, but I'm excited to get it set up help Derpy decorate.
Old Posted 11-21-2018, 06:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1011  
Nice!

I think mum's putting up the tree at some point, haha. It's a small one.
Old Posted 11-21-2018, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
My cat friend was out today, so I got to stop and say hi and give him or her (I've never gotten a good look) pets and attention for a few minutes on the way to work.
Old Posted 11-29-2018, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1013  
Whisky and Semi came on my bed both last night, and two nights ago. They're cute.
Old Posted 11-29-2018, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
I have the day off and I'm able to use a desktop computer!

I prefer desktops over anything else for web browsing.
Old Posted 12-05-2018, 11:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1015  
don't blame you. mobile sites are either poorly coded or potentially nonfunctional, apps tend to crash, and laptops have a shoddy battery life.
Old Posted 12-05-2018, 11:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Exactly!! Laptops are flimsy to me.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 12-05-2018, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1017  
whisky's been going scatty on dad's recliner. it's fairly humorous.
Old Posted 12-05-2018, 12:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I mean it all depends on your laptop. Ironically the cheaper laptops tend to be better at web browsing for extended periods without being flimsy. The more expensive ones are the ones that push for being slimmer and lighter at the cost of smaller batteries (relative to processing power) and weaker frames. The cheaper ones use low-power CPUs so they use less battery life. I got a laptop for my son for only $150 and it can go 8 hours on a charge and it's sturdy enough to survive being used by a 11-year-old.

(What a time we live in that an 11-year-old has a meaningful need for his own laptop...)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-05-2018, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1019  
i really fucking hate light/slim laptops. like, why are you making it thin as shit. what's the point of having a laptop if you can't feel it on your lap.

otherwise, smokey came on my bed today. smokey is a fucking noodle and i need to get pictures of him up on here at some point.
Old Posted 12-05-2018, 07:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Agree 100% with what Coda said about laptops.
Also, I almost never run my laptop unless it's plugged in. Partly because all my laptops eventually quit recognizing their batteries for some reason or other, and partly because I don't have to worry about it dying mid-project. But I like them for their portability over a pc.

Also, got to have some dark chocolate covered salted caramels today.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 12-05-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old Posted 12-05-2018, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1021  
I mean I can understand the draw of ultralight laptops. If you're an on-the-go kind of person, then you want something that's not going to hurt your shoulder after carrying it around all day. But manufacturers seem to have gotten it into their heads that ALL laptops have to do that at the expense of everything else, and that's probably in no small part because of Apple's lead being trendy.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 12:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Tbh, when I'm on the go, I still prefer a heavier laptop. It just feels like it's less likely to break...and I'm very clumsy.
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 01:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1023  
Also, thanks to the yoga person I now have the new WiFi password at work. Yay! Now I can download more netflix to watch instead of doing stuff!
8D
J/k, I might take the weekend off from having anything on Netflix to watch just so I can focus on other stuff like crafts and baking. And housework. But mostly crafts and baking.
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
joined mastodon, and it's full of shitposters. absolutely glorious.
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote