Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #129  
i know about that as well, Angel. i read in the mornings and sometimes at lunch at my mon-thurs desk job. then i read at whatever meal i eat either before or after my fri-sun job - i only work a few hours, so i don't get a meal break (i do get a 15 minute bread if i so choose).... so when i work 9-1, i just have lunch after, and read then too. =)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-15-2019, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Just finished vol 2 Omnibus of Fruits Basket. o-o
I know there's more. I must read the rest. ;-; Even though it's making me have the feels and regret not having read it in my high school years! >x'{ Just to open my doey doe eyes to how stupid I was being! Guhh!
I don't know which of the characters I feel I'm most like currently.
/:[ Maybe Shigure, because I like to write whenever I want, don't intervene much and not to mention same zodiac animal, buuut I'm not really that chill and not suspiciously interested in young high school girls. x]

So far, the zodiac possessed members of the Sohma family haven't all been introduced or revealed. Only Shigure/Dog, Hatsuharu/Ox, Momji/Rabbit, Hatori/Dragon, Kagura/Boar, Ayame/Snake and of course Kyo/Cat and Yuki/Rat. :/ Not sure which one Akito might be, or if he's even possessed by a zodiac animal at all.

:c Now I have to wait until I can get my hands on the third volume...as well as distract myself with video games and internet videos. >n>

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-19-2019, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #131  
I finally decided to just drop off the wad of books I had at the library I happen to be near so that they can make their way home. I kept two. I hate renewing stuff when I'm not reading it, and the pile was bothering me. I need some more suggestions for realistic fiction reading for kids.

Finished "Confessions of an Imaginary Friend" and I'm not sure what to think about it as I almost put it down after the first half because it felt kind of empty, but the other half was really good. I think I may need to be a kid to appreciate the first half more, though now I'm curious about what a kid will think of the latter half.
Old Posted 02-21-2019, 07:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Have you read the Ramona Quimbly and Annastasia Kruputnick series? They are both very good. What about The Little House books as well? Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great was pretty good. The Egypt Game was one I enjoyed. However, my passion is actually fantasy novels.
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 02-21-2019, 05:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #133  
i remember reading some of the Ramona Quimby books, in fact, i still have Ramona the Brave. also read Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great..... and lots of other Judy Blume books as well.

i also finished High Heat today, and i'm starting in on my reread list again, with the Hobbit now!

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-21-2019, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I used to read a lot of Roald Dahl books when I was a kid. :] I also was partial to the Time Warp Trio series by Jon Scieszka, The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids by Marcia T. Jones and Debbie Dadey, and I think I remember reading some Ramona Quimby, Frizby the Dog, Magic Treehouse and Junie B. Jones. XD But my all-time favorite I enjoyed over and over was Sideways stories from Wayside school.
Haaah, old times old times. <x}

Haven't read anything else lately. :/ I'll try to find something on my list for tomorrow. I'll likely try getting back to Dorian Grey tho. >.>;

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-23-2019, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #135  
I remember Wayside stuff!

Maintenance ate my post last night. I know of Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume and such, those have all been reprinted again. I'm trying to find stuff that less on the radar, which means reading some new things, though I have put some classic material on the list so far.

Being a fantasy reader myself though, most of what I know falls into that category, so I might classify some light fantasy as realistic if it's close enough.

I have Fish in a Tree still in my to-read pile. I'll dig that out, though it means tracking down which book it is as I wrapped my to-read last Christmas. Didn't have this assignment at the time.

Korman seems to be a decent author to check out for kids. I've only read the one book, Ungifted, so far.
Old Posted 02-23-2019, 06:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I like Ronald Dahl books, too. Gordon Kormam looks like a good author, too.

I have sooooo many books laying around my house waiting for me to read them. X.X
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 02-23-2019, 09:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #137  
I just remembered Bunnicula was a thing! <x'D
I never got to read much of it as a kid, but I remember my friends in my class getting into it. Wish I could have read it! I might've liked it a lot!

Old Posted 02-24-2019, 02:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
nothing wrong with reading it now, I ought to as well ;)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-24-2019, 09:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #139  
I saw a cartoon special based on the Bunicula book when I was a teenager or so. It was a cute episode, but when I read the book later on I was disappointed. The book is for quite young readers - like elementary school.

Ratha's Creature is a book that had a cartoon special made of it that is much more young adult than early chapter book. The characters in that series are saber toothed cats. I liked them a lot.
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 02-24-2019, 10:39 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
There are a couple Bunnicula books. I've never checked them out though.

So a book talk on a picture book isn't going to work well so out goes my first idea and I'm going to do a talk on Confessions of an Imaginary Friend and maybe Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. Need a third.

The more I think about it, the more I think Confessions was actually a really good book. I'll have to read it again some time. Finished The Prince and the Dressmaker as well. Also a very good book, but too high in age for my assignments so far.

Story time at a daycare next week, if scheduling works out. I have a group now, so I only need to entertain the kids for 10 minutes instead of half an hour. Much less effort.

Oh, and just to say for googling and such, it actually is "Roald" Dahl. That's not a typo.
Old Posted 02-26-2019, 04:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #141  
Oh! Thanks! Now that I think about it, I do remember the odd bit of pronunciation his name had. Also, I had an uncle named Ronald - that we called Ron. That might have been where my mix-up started. XD

Have fun at your story time.
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 02-26-2019, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Omg! <xD Hahaha, all my teachers called him Ronald Dahl! I thought it was Ronald for the longest time too, until I looked him up for book reports and stuff.

Old Posted 03-02-2019, 04:23 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #143  
So abandoning Pippi. Stories are cute but so far mostly the same. I have other stuff to get to, especially since I went and bought more stuff at the bookstore because I could. I'm considering starting a little free library locally.

Reading Coraline now. I like the little illustrations.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 03-02-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Old Posted 03-02-2019, 04:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
There are some interesting Coraline world theory youtubes that I have seen.

I finished the book I was reading - Mystic by J. Denzel - and now have to pick a new one to read on break at work.
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 03-02-2019, 01:00 PM Reply With Quote