Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #65  
hi, hello, i am the one to ask. coda is generally not involved in the doings of the art team, other than providing our lovely animations.

what questions may i answer this day?

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
are the recolours usually uploaded at the same time as the general item or are they done separately and added in later?
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:35 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #67  
It depends on the item it's coming from, the item going into commons, and how we're feeling at the time (we being myself and Francs, who assists with commons editing and uploading).

Premium items, such as monthlies, will often see commons versions of poses that made it into the final version of the monthly seeing a delayed release, so as not to compete with immediate sales. Sometimes, there are poses meant for premium items that get cut specifically for commons (think hairs, accessories, single color things) and those may see a release before the premium item has cycled out, under a set name that is in the same theme as the item they were originally made to be part of.

Then, of course, we have the sort of recolors that are user requested edits of already existing commons, or pose variations of event/premium items that have been unavailable for some time. These tend to both see the lowest priority (as in, if we have a large or special commons set planned, the new item will be released after the set), but also tend to be fairly easy to do and can be fit into days, or sometimes even hours, where we happen to be available to work on side projects.

The secret release items you saw me pushing out the other day were made for the Remix event but cut to be commons, and now here they are.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
that makes sense.

sort of wondering if we can get a rainbow version of the wing cloak now -- guess that's going to be the daily request.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:44 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #69  
oh yes, rainbow or galactic versions of existing commons are very much something that anyone can request at any given time, but i only allow specific, singular requests. dropping a whole list on me assures none of them will get done, but telling me the one you want right now will usually get a quick turn-around.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
yeah, i get you. only really requesting the winged cloak at the moment because it seems like something that'd be neat. :0

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #71  
well, drop a post over in my work thread so i don't forget, because i'm about to go to sleep and i'm easily distracted

also include any preferences for the rainbow you might have. not like vibrant/tie-dye/oilslick because i'll do all 3 regardless, i mean like if you want vertical/horizontal/diagonal stripes, swirled rainbow, etc.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
:thumbs_up: will do.

dropped it into glitch's item request thread as an edit of my most recent post there, i'll see if i can't find your work thread.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:57 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #73  
ah, yes, the differences can be a bit tricky.

the item request thread is mostly for things that need new, custom pixels, while mine is for alternative versions of things we already have. she doesn't typically do editing, recolor, or upload work.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
mind you, it's all very loose and casual. multiple people on the art team reference both threads.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 12:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #75  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
ah, yes, the differences can be a bit tricky.

the item request thread is mostly for things that need new, custom pixels, while mine is for alternative versions of things we already have. she doesn't typically do editing, recolor, or upload work.
difference noted. thanks for the clarification.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
In all fairness I tried. XD

I get so anxious I end up goofing the upload process :T

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #77  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okok View Post
There can only be one true mdom.
Me.
SAY WHAT
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 02:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
mind you, it's all very loose and casual. multiple people on the art team reference both threads.
First of all, thank you for your time with explaining things. It's also kind of nice to not have random item updates all the time. This gives staff a bit more freedom to create and upload at their own pace and inspirations. Not that a lot of avatar sites don't give their staff that freedom to begin with, but this method feels like it just adds to it.

On a second note, are there ever item design contests? Where users can create items and compete with one another? Or is that a bit too much of a hassle considering how many items are already on this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdom View Post
SAY WHAT
What.
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #79  
beyoncé what!!!
don't come for me!! Anyone can be rainbow, but I'm the only one mdom ok
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
One of these days, I'll host a contest to see who can impersonate certain people the best. And if you'd like, you could be one of the choices of who people try to impersonate. And then we will see, we will see.
(idk what we will see, probably a lot of rainbows. Only time will tell.)
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote