Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #2273  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
~So found out the job I usually do once per year is doing things really differently next year. It includes a new interview which I know I'm going to fail. I've tried all year and every other didn't go well. On top of that because of what happened last year I get another slap in the face. ~
If you think that the interview is going to be a problem, then I suggest doing practice interviews.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-20-2022, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
comparatively silly in comparison, but i disbanded a militia squad in dorf fortress. twice. because i thought the little x button would fucking take me out of that menu. auuuuuuuu
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 12-20-2022, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2275  
I really hate my dad for guilting me into coming up for Christmas because "it might be grandma's last Christmas and he doesn't want us to have any regrets" so that instead of having fond memories of her, I'll have the memory of her questioning who my parents are and why she doesn't recognize me.
I see we're continuing with the family tradition of emotional trauma.
Old Posted 12-25-2022, 09:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
If you think that the interview is going to be a problem, then I suggest doing practice interviews.
~Thanks. It actually went well but I think it was mostly because I've been worked there before and possibly the timing. Don't have anyone to practice with but did try that Google thing. Don't think it went well.

I wish my mother would stop telling everyone I'm sick for the holidays. After what happened last year I'd rather not deal with family like that. ~

Anyone want my stuff?
Old Posted 12-26-2022, 03:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2277  
My wife slipped on some invisible ice yesterday morning and cracked a bone in her elbow. x.x

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-27-2022, 01:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
...aaaaand now I get the stress of needing to hide all my apartment mess (aka: cramming dirty dishes into cabinets, and laundry mountain i to my closet) because I'm gonna have maintenance in there in the next day or two fixing a small leak in the bathroom. xP
Old Posted 12-27-2022, 07:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2279  
My cockatiel has been diagnosed with gout. This is annoying in humans... it's lethal in birds. The prognosis is less than a year even with ideal treatment outcomes. There's no recovery. The condition is irreversible... the best we can do is keep it from getting worse and manage the inflammation.

Getting this diagnosis the same year we lost one of our cats... less than a week after my wife broke her arm... the day after she started having to think about quitting her job due to toxic management... It's... a really rough time right now.

Old Posted 12-30-2022, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Sorry to hear, Coda ;w;

Nothing really awful awful for today but coffee tasted a bit bland today >_> But nothing truly awful.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-30-2022, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2281  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
My cockatiel has been diagnosed with gout. This is annoying in humans... it's lethal in birds. The prognosis is less than a year even with ideal treatment outcomes. There's no recovery. The condition is irreversible... the best we can do is keep it from getting worse and manage the inflammation.

Getting this diagnosis the same year we lost one of our cats... less than a week after my wife broke her arm... the day after she started having to think about quitting her job due to toxic management... It's... a really rough time right now.
He didn't even make it through the night... we thought we were going to be able to treat him... we had medication for him to manage the symptoms... A couple days ago he was fine except for what we thought was just a broken toe that we thought was healing well.

I checked on him at 10:00 and he had turned around and gotten comfortable in his habitat... he was sleeping, still breathing then...

I checked on him at 11:00... and he wasn't breathing anymore.

I'm glad that we did the best we could for him... I'm glad after he was too stressed out to take an injection that we decided to bring him home instead of having the vet monitor him overnight... If you know bird body language, you could tell he was clearly happy to be home. He was especially happy to be back with my wife, his favorite person.

I don't know what to do... It seemed like this was going to be a good year... things seemed like they were finally going to work out in our favor... and then one of my cats, one of my childhood best friends, my grandfather, and now my bird have all passed away, and my wife broke her arm and is probably leaving the job that she was so proud of...

I'm so overwhelmed.

Old Posted 12-31-2022, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
my condolences, coda.

may have to put my brother into assisted living / supported living once our parents go - i sure as hell can't take care of him 24/7. he's illiterate, has emotional difficulties, has an awful temper, and can't tell the time, as well as having somewhat limited use of one of his thumbs. i cannot take care of him because we clash very badly, and he's been verbally abusive to me in the past. he's often verbally abusive to our mother. i don't want to ask either our other older brother (youtuber one) or our sister to take care of him because they've got kids, and i don't want those kids to grow up with a potentially abusive uncle being in their household. i don't think he's a threat to our safety right now but he is very... not predictable.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 12-31-2022, 12:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #2283  
~Very sorry to hear that. My condolences Coda. It's not easy taking a lot of hits like that. Maybe it's just the dip before stuff gets better.

My mother told me one of the lines narcissists say. Of course as usual she'd deny it. Still don't trust her for good reasons.~

Anyone want my stuff?
Old Posted 01-01-2023, 10:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Coda,
I'm so sorry. That's a lot to deal with. I'm sure it doesn't feel like it right now but I believe things do come to balance out in time so hopefully things will take a major turn and start looking up for you and your family. I really wish that for you.
Old Posted 01-04-2023, 10:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2285  
If it's not one thing, it's a-bloody-nother!

As I was on my way to pick up my poor bird's ashes, I got rear-ended by a freaking DUMP TRUCK!

Fortunately I was at a full stop and the truck wasn't going very fast, so while the rear end of my car is smashed up pretty well, I'm not injured -- just some minor aches that I can ignore; I felt worse than this after unloading a moving van. My car is still driveable (though I'm not GOING to drive it more than necessary with the back panel flapping in the breeze and the back windshield shattered) so I was able to get home without a problem, and I have another car that I can drive until this one gets repaired.

But bloody HECK, this just feels like an unending series of bad luck. I was hoping I left all of this behind in 2022...

Old Posted 01-05-2023, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
We might have to file for bankruptcy, so there's that.

After one of our walks in a park, some guy sitting in his car was looking for trouble and decided my father looked at his car the wrong way. He got out of his car and I thought this is going to get pretty bad, especially when you hear about violent attacks or shootings often enough. Thankfully he got back in his car, but I can't get past how it could have turned out if it was only one of us.
Old Posted 01-09-2023, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2287  
Oh wonderful. It seems my son caught COVID at school and brought it home and now I have it too. Just one more thing on the list.

Old Posted 01-20-2023, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Being sick sucks. x.x COVID so far isn't any worse than the stomach bug I got last year, but I still hate dealing with illness.

Old Posted 01-21-2023, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote