Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #129  
ngl Coda, I'm *still* constantly mucking around on your Nonogram.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-13-2022, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Not exactly a "game by Coda" but I did the pixel art for this one and provided some technical assistance, so I'll go ahead and share it:

Loading Zone

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/53/loading-zone

Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-16-2023, 06:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #131  
I realized I never bragged on my son's games -- he participated in Ludum Dare a couple times, and I'm hoping to talk him into trying again next time (September 29 - October 2) now that he's taken some real programming classes.
________

Ludum Dare 42 entry: Running Out of Space
His first jam ever, and the kid scored better than I did! Shows the power of a good idea. He was 11 years old and did the vast majority of the work. He picked out the graphics and sound effects by himself and did most of the programming. I provided technical advice, including teaching him some techniques along the way.

There are physics glitches. They are intentional. He thought it was fun.
________

Ludum Dare 44 entry: Game Over
He didn't try as hard on this one. He was really proud of the effects that he built, but he didn't care about fleshing it out into an actual game -- he got bored and decided to go play instead, so I roped him back into it long enough to get it submittable.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-18-2023, 11:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Ludum Dare 54 entry: Adrift

(Play Game)

A rough trip through the asteroid belt has knocked out your main thruster and your navigational computer!

Your tiny space ship has limited space to store supplies, so you’ll have to put on your space suit and go out to collect resources from the asteroids in order to build replacement parts. Watch your oxygen levels! Take your suit off when you don’t need it! Keep your shield charged to protect the ship.

When you’ve built a new thruster and a new navigational computer, you can fly back to base for proper repairs!

Controls
Move: WASD / Arrow Keys
Interact: Z / Space
Close Window: Escape

How to Play
* Oxygen depletes as long as you’re wearing your suit.
* Use the switch on the top level to exit the ship.
* Capture asteroids and carry them back to the hatch to collect resources.
* Space is limited: Click items in your inventory to jettison them.
* Asteroids that hit your ship will deal damage!
* Use the stations to refine resources and build components.
* Most crafting requires hydrogen fuel.
* Combine four Thruster Parts to replace the Thruster.
* Combine four Circuit Boards to replace the NavComp.
* Build a Thruster and a NavComp to win!

Old Posted 10-02-2023, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #133  
Ludum Dare 55 entry: Call of Aether

In pursuit of the Great Work, you have learned to call upon elemental spirits using runes and magic circles.

Learn from the spirits and exchange gifts with them, and combine runes together until you can summon Aether, the spirit of perfection.

This one has a lot to be happy about. It's my best-looking game to date, jam or otherwise. My son did the 3D modeling. My wife did the 2D illustration. I did the graphical effects and dialogue.

It was a bloody headache to get all of the bugs fixed at the end because I REALLY rushed the development process... I wasted a lot of time early in the jam playing with the visual effects and didn't leave enough time for actual implementation, but I did it in the end!

Old Posted 04-15-2024, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote