Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Io, Jupiter
Default   #193  
Woah! Our lucky day then, we love new people here.
A pink cover, let me see: a book called Pretty in Pink?
There must be one out there with that name. haha
Old Posted 01-31-2017, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
I just updated my list so for January I read 3 books.
The same amount of books as last January but last January I read Drood by Dan Simmons that was 941 pages! What a tome!

I'm really liking this author and I plan to read 2 more books by him: Endymion and The Rise of Endymion
Old Posted 02-01-2017, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #195  
I finished reading The Hutt Gambit....now onto Rebel Dawn.... my last Star Wars novel! now i can get started on the list of books that came out last year that i put off while reading Star Wars. =)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Last edited by trystan830; 02-01-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old Posted 02-01-2017, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
How many STar Wars novels have you read? Is it a whole series?
(I showed a new person today the plushie you made and she thought you should have an Etsy shop and sell Alien plushies)
Old Posted 02-02-2017, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #197  
there's a lot of series in the Star Wars 'verse. most of the books I read are considered Legends now that Disney got to the series.

so.... if you do want to know, here's what I've read, starting with Star Wars (A New Hope) in 2011. (this list is in chronological order, not publication or my reading order. don't say I didn't warn you):

uhm, yeah.

as for the alien plushie, a friend has suggested me and her having an Etsy shop, but I'm pretty sure that Etsy will take a percentage of your sales as their fee. that's why I have my little advertisement in my signature. =)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-02-2017, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
Woah! Our lucky day then, we love new people here.
A pink cover, let me see: a book called Pretty in Pink?
There must be one out there with that name. haha
I currently have The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields that was left over from college and I think that passes for a pink cover.

However, I'm more interested in my new Clive Barker book about the Hellraiser story and my book of Ezra Pound's poetry than I am about that pink cover, and I still need to make it through my own "tome" which I feel bad for neglecting, along with all the others that follow it.

I also need to find a book by an author that shares my first name, a book that will become a movie in 2016 (challenge is out of date so I think that I will just read a book for an upcoming film, whatever date it happens to be), and a young adult book.

Not sure what counts as "young adult" anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? I might just go an ask my niece. I have a Death Note book (not Manga, book) but I'm not sure where that falls.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 02-02-2017 at 05:49 AM.
Old Posted 02-02-2017, 05:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #199  
@Trystan WOW! you have read a lot of Star Wars books! you obviously enjoy them.
Oh yeah Etsy would probably take a percentage, but it might be worth your while becuse you will reach more people? but what do I know, I just love my plushie, did I tell you his name is ALF?
Old Posted 02-03-2017, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
yep, i've read a lot of books, but there's more than what i listed up there. =)

the other thing is, they're custom-made, and i usually don't like making the same thing twice. so i'm thinking my inventory of i have on hand would be ... weird.

i'm so glad you like him! and yes, i do believe you mentioned you named him ALF in a PM. :)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-03-2017, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #201  
@Quiet: do you want to be included in our reading challenge, I'm not sure if you want to be added, either way you can always post in here and I'm glad you are.

For young adult I recently read The Underdogs Trilogy by Mark Zusak.
I also liked I Am the Messenger by him too.
Old Posted 02-03-2017, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
@Moonshadow: I'm not sure. I'm only four books in to the challenge I started in May of last year (not the prolific reader I used to be. Plus school.) I'll hang around and talk though, at least.

I do have a pile of unfinished books, but I like this challenge that I'm doing that has specific requirements because I'm reading stuff I normally wouldn't look at.

I did solve my YA dilemma. Went to the local library today for a work site visit for my tech program and they had a Valentine's Promotion "Blind Date With a Book." You get a booked wrapped in brown paper, with a genre, age-range, and check out code on it. I don't know what it is yet, but it came with a chocolate. :)
Old Posted 02-03-2017, 02:24 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #203  
Looky what I found! Wishbone list!

I shall read 30 books from this list! (eventually) Not the entire thing because I've already tried to read a couple and I know how horrid they really are, and I have already read some anyway. Silas Marner is on my personal reading list totally because of this show.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 02-03-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Old Posted 02-03-2017, 02:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
I thought that Frankenstein, TheTime Machine, A Tale of Two Cities, Pride and Prejudice were great.

That is a very impressive list!
Old Posted 02-04-2017, 10:44 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #205  
Wishbone is kind of the reason I got into classics. I tried to get a copy of Faust and the librarian gave me the wrong one, getting me Doctor Faustus instead. Not the easiest reading at 13. I still have a copy, and will attempt it again at some point, though I may have to restart as it's been a while.

Opened my mystery teen fantasy book from the library. It's Paul's One Realm Beyond. Never heard of it, but it's pretty absurdly cute so far. I've been into grim or realistic stuff lately so a dragon arguing from a haystack is pretty entertaining.
Old Posted 02-05-2017, 01:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Would you believe that the person who loves time travel (that'd be me) has never read The Time Machine? i think i need to fix that this year. XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-05-2017, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #207  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
Would you believe that the person who loves time travel (that'd be me) has never read The Time Machine? i think i need to fix that this year. XD
I was afraid of it, a little. Again, Wishbone. I do remember watching an old movie that I think was based some of Orwells, if he wasn't a character in it? Not sure.

I want to read Pride and Prejudice as much to see what the book reads like after watching the mini-series so many times. I love the fact that for all Elizabeth's annoyance with Mr. Darcy, he really is just what she was hoping for in the beginning of the series.

Maybe I can find a copy with a pink cover.
Old Posted 02-05-2017, 01:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
one of my daughters watched Wishbone and I watched as well. I thought it was pretty great, actually!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-05-2017, 02:38 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
books, challenge, novels