Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Exclamation Ethnic Profiling (I Need Your Helps)   #1  
Quote:
Below is my essay that I wrote last night for my English class today. It is really important and I must type it today at school or else he wouldn't accept it. I'm not anywhere good at essay or anything that's why I'm here and I really need your help to make it look better and more complete. I did do my best and I hope it make some sense when you're reading it. Please feel free to fix anything you see unfit and move stuff around for me.
Ethnic Profiling by Panda

Ethnic profiling comes in all shapes, sizes, forms, and they are all disgusting. Innocent citizens are being pull over and ask many questions because of the way they dress and their ethnicity. People are being treated badly because they look a certain way and because they don't have the look of what one may consider being perfect. Ethnic profiling is everywhere and many have suffered from it and many got hurt physically and emotionally.

People tend to think of someone as a whole when it come to judging someone by their race and ethnicity instead of being an individual. To stop ethnic profiling or lower it down everyone need to be educated and learn more about other race. When you're assuming something that isn't true about a person, it is just wrong. I'm Cambodian and many people and friends they always think I am Chinese or other Asian that they see on television, internet, and other media related. Just because one maybe Asian, Hispanic, or black, doesn't mean that they know how to do karate, move their hip, or shake their butt during a party and all that. "No people of color are safe from this treatment anywhere, regardless of their obedience to the law, their age, the type of car they drive, or their station in life," ACLU in a report called.

Everyone should be able to dress and act however they want and be able to express who they are without someone judging over them.There are many innocent people out there who are being humiliated because they look like a gang member. All of this need to stop because it is just wrong and you need to look more into a person before you start making false judgment about them. Ethnic profiling is the same as judging a book by its cover. Everyone are different and should be look at as an individual rather than as a whole. Ethnic profiling occur when a person have low education and have a closed mind. When you have high education you will be able to tell the differences between each individual and if you have an open mind you will be able to give that person a chance to prove who they are and what their life is like.

If everyone get to know one another there will be less or not ethnic profiling. When you get to know someone well you will be able to know who they are, what they like to do, what is special about them. Not everyone are the same, each person is unique in their own way. Don't let race and color blind you. Your ethnic is only something to represent what race you are and where you are from. It doesn't describe if you are tall, short, like to play basketball, funny, shy, immature, or gay.

Ethnic profiling is mostly from the media world such as television, T.V shows, movies, music, commercials, newspaper, and the internet. When you read or watch something about a person of a certain race you're automatically make a judgment about that certain race. Most of the thing on T.V and the internet are over exaggerating. Just because someone is Asian it doesn't make them Chinese. They can be Indian, Filipino, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laos, Thai, Korean, or even Mongolian.
Old Posted 10-15-2010, 10:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
I already print the essay because it will be due in a bit.
Old Posted 10-15-2010, 12:13 PM Reply With Quote  
The Infernal Knight
Default   #3  
Just dont forget that the ACLU is not the most respectible organization, or that ethnicity isnt just color. Blacks were given equal rights before the Irish were. While the "No colored allowed" signs went down, the "No Irish need apply" still hung for many years after equal rights was passed.
* Shogun *
"Death has a dignity all its own."
The Big Bad Wolf of Trisphee
Designed the O-Yoroi item set
An Explosive Chinchila
Lioshika's Bodyguard
The Infernal Knight

The Grand Templar

Old Posted 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Gackt's bodyguard
Yes and other types of "white" people have also been treated like shit by other white or coloured ( sometimes ) people. The jews anybody? They don't exactly have to look that different from other "white" people. I think whatever you are and wherever you go you're always gonna meet idiots and ignorant people.

If a blonde person goes to Japan LOTS is gonna assume they speak no Japanese, that they are American/German/English or French ( cause these countries are cool ), that they can't eat with chop sticks, that you're loud, stupid and dress like a slut. That's a lot of times true sadly but I think there's just as many good and smart foreigners ending up in Japan. The loud dumb asses ruins it for everybody. ;v Blonde is the biggest sign of not being Japanese obviously. And even if your hair is orange they may think it's blonde cause they don't think about colours can be different shades. ( Their hair can only be black and black is always black, there can be grown hair but it's rare. ) This is a little annoying. People stare at you even if you look like shit. Only your hair apparently makes you gorgeous. xD I think the opposite. Japanese usually have much better hair, and it can be dyed it you like that. They also have good genes and eat healthier and you rarely see fat people in Japan. But sure, there are hotties in every country. Even India, Korea and Africa must have their Brad pits and Paris Hiltons. ( Bad examples but you get what I mean. ) :P

Was that any help I just kinda washed off what was on my mind.

If you can read this it means you have passed the first grade, congratulations.
Old Posted 10-15-2010, 04:48 PM Reply With Quote  
The Infernal Knight
Default   #5  
More than sometimes. If you watch TV nowadays the white person is ofton the idiot, especially if their southern.
* Shogun *
"Death has a dignity all its own."
The Big Bad Wolf of Trisphee
Designed the O-Yoroi item set
An Explosive Chinchila
Lioshika's Bodyguard
The Infernal Knight

The Grand Templar

Old Posted 10-15-2010, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronislee View Post
More than sometimes. If you watch TV nowadays the white person is ofton the idiot, especially if their southern.
Which is really degrading. My family is from the south. Though naive, they're quite intelligent. xD

What I wanted to point out though was, whether educated or not, there is going to be profiling. It could be racial or the ever-so-popular social profiling (judging by the way you dress, walk, talk, etc.). Everyone judges, it's just to what extent. (I believe the person's self-view, upbringing and location strongly influence to what extent he views others beside himself.)
Last edited by Fallen; 10-16-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old Posted 10-16-2010, 01:37 PM Reply With Quote