Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Trisphee Kensai
Default Live-Action Medieval Combat (Belegarth, Amtgard, etc.)   #1  
It's like that. I do Belegarth~ I'm the archery captain here, a member of our Realm Council, a founder of our group, and provisional blue captain, and a personal trainer XD
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Last edited by Coda; 02-08-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

>w< i dunno why that sounds fun id never have the money or skills to do anything in that though it'd be a blast to watch if they had any near my area xD

Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #3  
Well, look up Bel, check the maps, and, if there isn't a house near you, you can START one. I would gladly help. I would even walk you through some stuff I know, and, if necessary, send you maybe ten bucks a month to help you build weapons and such.
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

i doubt theres anyone willing to join me in this besides maybe my brother lol so it'd start off as a sibling rivalry LOL

Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #5  
Well, you'd be surprised. We thought nobody would join. there areover fifty people in our little realm alone. It's been, oh, 4 months since we started this house? XD
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

well as far as i can tell in the MD area there isn't one or thats anywhere in a reasonable driving distance anyway lol... but on that note i have no idea how to make weapons in RL

Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #7  
There areguides XD It's pvc/fiberglass, foam, tape, and adhesive, then some cloth for covers XD

On that note, I must take my leave~ Bike issues are fixed, and it's been time to go home for an hour now XD

Good luck with the pixeling, Rose~!
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

oh that stuff thats doable.. takes time but doable >w> 'll look more into it before i decide if i want to try and form a house or not id liek to know my time is put to good use

and ok laters xD

also thank you i'll need it o.o;

Old Posted 02-07-2011, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
I play Amtgard myself, never had any armor fancier than leather though. Then again I never played any character who COULD wear anything heavier. I DID, however, become proficient at catching arrows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
XD that is true! If I made an item, I would probably wear it all the time too.
*points to weapon* I made that one, I'm wearin' it!
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

never played that truth be told o.o i normally get stuck in cloth or leather though newer mmos seems to have the clerics in mail and with a shield (as i think should be.. ) though normally the cloth users get the more colorful/dazzling armor in most games ive seen xD

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 02:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
D&D allows clerics to wear armor because of the traditional restrictiveness of the paladin class. MMOs that have both paladins and clerics/priests tend to make the latter wear cloth armor unless they're based on D&D rules. (Fact is, clerics are overpowered in 3.0/3.5 in no small part BECAUSE they can outfit themselves like a paladin while still casting spells as well as a wizard.)

Amtgard is similar to the other medieval-combat games, except it has classes with special abilities and restrictions. My ability to catch arrows was a trait of the monk class, but I had to get good at ACTUALLY CATCHING ARROWS to use it. (Of course, in Amtgard, bows are limited to a 35 pound draw strength and arrows have a 2"-diameter ball of foam padding in place of an arrowhead in order to make them safe to shoot at people, so the arrows are moving MUCH slower than arrows intended to kill something.)
Old Posted 02-08-2011, 11:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

i think i'd prefer to have class only specials really, as fr as clerics becoming over powered in certain games i see it happens, this new mmo is tweaking skills now to fix the balance so nothings gotten too out of hand, and being so new still most people don't understand that stun and silence kills the healer.. heh

why is like everyone i talk to into some form of combat game in rl D: im jealous.. </3 i don't think we have anything like that in my area .__.; aside from renfest but ours here kinda ish lame...

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 11:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
In D&D the cleric is still almost as good as a rogue when it comes to bashing people over the head in face-to-face combat, so being silenced ISN'T fatal (especially if the cleric cast buffs ahead of time).

Then again, I do have a wizard that's wearing armor and carrying around a sword and shield almost as big as he is.
Old Posted 02-08-2011, 11:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

this is true.. i sadly didn't get to play table top D&D much played a bit of the mmo but it wasn't as fun as the real thing Dx

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 11:39 AM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #15  
If a rogue has you flanked though >.>

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 01:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
If you account for the rogue having flanking you have to account for the cleric not being silenced. If you're comparing how a silenced cleric handles, you have to likewise take away the rogue's big class feature.
Old Posted 02-08-2011, 01:29 PM Reply With Quote